Women's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Women's Artistic Gymnastics

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I was unfortunately spoiled for the all-around men's podium by trying to look up the entire event on youtube :( Can anyone link the women's all-around once it is available? I would really appreciate it!

macy

Record Breaker
this has been on my mind a bit lately, and i would like your opinions on it--

now that Marta is gone and the atmosphere at USAG is beginning to change into something less abusive, will we see the US women's team begin to level out with the rest of the world? I can't imagine the pressure these girls have been under for so many years and how NUMB their minds had to have become, just to win medals. Will we still see the US women on top destroying everyone by huge margins in a few years, or will this change how successful they will be?

if not, i am absolutely a-ok with it. medals and success are NOT worth that kind of suffering on any level, i'm just curious to see what your opinions are on the trajectory of US women now that things are changing for the better.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It is unfortunately not available in my country (USA) :cry:

The FIG-channel is probably available for me because no Swedish broadcaster bought the rights. Wonder what happens now when Swedish public service TV bought the rights for today.... on a short notice, because amazing Jonna made the bars final :yahoo:

So todays apparatus finals is at the same time as Pairs/Ladies short in Helsinki….

FIG-channel Finals day 1 and 2

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is unfortunately not available in my country (USA) :cry:

USA Gymnastics puts every event to which they have rights on their Youtube channel within 24 hours after the event. You can just go to USA Gymnastics youtube channel and watch anything you want. I was watching something from 1976 the other day.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
USA Gymnastics puts every event to which they have rights on their Youtube channel within 24 hours after the event. You can just go to USA Gymnastics youtube channel and watch anything you want. I was watching something from 1976 the other day.

I am actually subbed to them on youtube, but I avoid their channel if I have not watched an event yet because of their interviews. As of right now I don't think they have the Women's A-A or Men's A-A up yet, but I'm off to watch their interviews now!

The FIG-channel is probably available for me because no Swedish broadcaster bought the rights. Wonder what happens now when Swedish public service TV bought the rights for today.... on a short notice, because amazing Jonna made the bars final :yahoo:

So todays apparatus finals is at the same time as Pairs/Ladies short in Helsinki….

FIG-channel Finals day 1 and 2

Thanks for the link, snowflake! I will have to play catch up with both gymnastics and figure skating as I need to run some errands this morning. Damn my responsibilities for getting in the way :laugh:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
this has been on my mind a bit lately, and i would like your opinions on it--

now that Marta is gone and the atmosphere at USAG is beginning to change into something less abusive, will we see the US women's team begin to level out with the rest of the world? I can't imagine the pressure these girls have been under for so many years and how NUMB their minds had to have become, just to win medals. Will we still see the US women on top destroying everyone by huge margins in a few years, or will this change how successful they will be?

if not, i am absolutely a-ok with it. medals and success are NOT worth that kind of suffering on any level, i'm just curious to see what your opinions are on the trajectory of US women now that things are changing for the better.

I don't think so, because it is so popular. But time will tell I guess.

macy

Record Breaker
wow congrats to Alexa Moreno for her bronze on vault for Mexico!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
wow congrats to Alexa Moreno for her bronze on vault for Mexico!
thats great! im super happy abuot it actually:dance3:

re yesterday just wanna congratulate the Japanese girl. she was awesome:clap::love:

obvi the less I say about Biles the better (good thing I could vent on runet yesterday. :biggrin:) :laugh:

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
Eli Seitz won bronze on bars. :love: I'm so incredibly happy for her. She's been in soooo many World and Olympic bars finals, and finally she got a medal!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find it kind of inspiring that that the result Simone Biles seemed most pleased about was the one where she didn't win the gold medal.

I think a bars medal must have been her strongest personal goal of this WC.

The girl from Belgium (I'm sorry, I don't follow enough to know all their names) was incredible. I've never seen anything like that. Nobody was going to beat that.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
I find it kind of inspiring that that the result Simone Biles seemed most pleased about was the one where she didn't win the gold medal.

I think a bars medal must have been her strongest personal goal of this WC.

The girl from Belgium (I'm sorry, I don't follow enough to know all their names) was incredible. I've never seen anything like that. Nobody was going to beat that.
Nina Derwael is the name you're looking for. She's been building up for a routine like that for a few years now. Today she'll also be in beam finals. Her tendency to have flexed feet drives me bonkers occasionally, but she's awesome nonetheless.

icybear

Medalist
I'm so glad my favourite gymnast Liu Tingting won the beam final.:hap93: She's so beautiful on the beam. This is what artistic gymnastic on beam should be like.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy for Shallon Olsen and her silver medal on vault! She's a member of my school's team (University of Alabama). Never understood how one can compete at an elite level as well as in NCAA's - they're almost like different sports - but SO happy for her! My heart is in my THROAT for Sam. Come on Sam, win that world medal!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nina Derwael is the name you're looking for. She's been building up for a routine like that for a few years now. Today she'll also be in beam finals. Her tendency to have flexed feet drives me bonkers occasionally, but she's awesome nonetheless.

I'm not an active follower of gymnastics, but I caught Simone saying she was intimidated by Nina’s bars.routine. When Simone says that you know she’s good!