NFL & NHL Season 2018-2019 | Golden Skate

NFL & NHL Season 2018-2019

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hold on, wait a minute, y’all thought I was finished....

I dedicate the immortal words of Meek Mill to all the teams starting their new seasons this year. Since our friend @Snow63 appears to be on hiatus, I’ll start the thread.

So how is your team doing? How do you think they will do?

Eagles pulled out one ugly win last night, and the Philly Special *again*? It’s getting old:biggrin:

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
The Browns didn't lose, I'm so happy!!! :rock: :yahoo: They didn't exactly win either, but what a game!

Bears @ Packers last night was :jaw:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eagles truly sucked for air last Sunday, so I thought I’d have nothing to say, but....

Browns play the Philly Special? ;) and win:biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hear you lot have never seen a drop kick before.

Australia's in your football league, reinventing your kicking

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hold on, wait a minute, y’all thought I was finished....

I dedicate the immortal words of Meek Mill to all the teams starting their new seasons this year. Since our friend @Snow63 appears to be on hiatus, I’ll start the thread.

So how is your team doing? How do you think they will do?

Eagles pulled out one ugly win last night, and the Philly Special *again*? It’s getting old:biggrin:

I was pleased bc I misread and thought you’d started an NHL 2018-2019 thread! :laugh:

ETA: Growing up in Ohio, I was a Browns fan (in solidarity with my dad and two brothers), but that didn’t work out so well.:slink:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was pleased bc I misread and thought you’d started an NHL 2018-2019 thread! :laugh:

The way the Eagles are playing, I didn't really think we'd see a fairy tale season again, but I didn't think they would bite *so* badly....:disapp:

I give up and start watching the Flyers:biggrin:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
The way the Eagles are playing, I didn't really think we'd see a fairy tale season again, but I didn't think they would bite *so* badly....:disapp:

I give up and start watching the Flyers:biggrin:

LOL it’s still so early, don’t give up! My problem is that it’s going to do me in finding time and emotional energy to be equally invested in both the Caps (how could I not, after their Stanley Cup win?:)) and figure skating! :laugh: It would be virtually impossible for me to fit football into the mix — that is, unless the Browns somehow pull off a miracle. :laugh:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL it’s still so early, don’t give up! My problem is that it’s going to do me in finding time and emotional energy to be equally invested in both the Caps (how could I not, after their Stanley Cup win?:)) and figure skating! :laugh: It would be virtually impossible for me to fit football into the mix — that is, unless the Browns somehow pull off a miracle. :laugh:

Right now the Browns are playing better than the Eagles:devil:

Except for when they play the Flyers, #ALLCAPS:agree:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Except for when they play the Flyers, #ALLCAPS:agree:

Alright, then, it’s a deal:) I’ll root for the Flyers for you EXCEPT when they play the Caps:biggrin:

ETA: Solidarity against the Team Who Must Not Be Named:laugh:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I did root for them in their home opener, honestly I did!:( Oh well, tomorrow’s another day, and hopefully they’ll rally like Sharks did after getting shut out against Islanders yesterday.... I suspect I’ll be preoccupied with a different game tomorrow night ;), but good luck to them!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did root for them in their home opener, honestly I did!:( Oh well, tomorrow’s another day, and hopefully they’ll rally like Sharks did after getting shut out against Islanders yesterday.... I suspect I’ll be preoccupied with a different game tomorrow night ;), but good luck to them!

Let's make this the NHL and NFL thread;) That was *not* a good score....

Although if I am reading you correctly about the "team that must not be named", sigh ... I actually do root cross-state when the Philly teams are out of it. My niece went to college in the Burgh and lives there now with her partner. He has a shirt that says "Steagles" to keep the peace on both sides of the family:laugh:

But good luck Caps tomorrow:hap10:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just saw 5-3 (Flyers) during Caps intermission. Better! :)

Edited: Just checked again. 7-4 final! Way to go Flyers, nice comeback from yesterday:clap: (And you did read me correctly el henry LOL. No problem, I totally get it. Steagles:laugh2:)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Apologies for the thread hijack again, lol, but I’ve clearly been rooting too hard for the Flyers and not hard enough for the Caps, which is gonna change :biggrin:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apologies for the thread hijack again, lol, but I’ve clearly been rooting too hard for the Flyers and not hard enough for the Caps, which is gonna change :biggrin:

I'm going to get the thread changed, the way the Eagles are playing tonight, my thoughts would not get past the censor, better to think about the NHL.

Onto the Flyers ... and Gritty! (and go Caps;) )

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This week has been a good one for the Bills -- can't lose on a by week!

This year, if you’re not the Eagles, every week is a good week:laugh: But good luck to the Bills.

Looks like my loyalties will be transferred cross state for the rest of the season. Go Steagles:laugh2:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I'm a packers fan so I usually dont really pay much attention to other games unless I have draftkings on them or I have bet on another team but last nights score fest LA vs KC was unreal.. Every play felt like a touch down.. 105 points between the 2 teams was it? I 54-51.. thats insane.. AND LA has the best D in the league.. they still had 51 pts against.. AND WON!!! INSANE!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just saw the thread modification, thanks :thumbsup: Hope I’m not jinxing them but Caps are starting to get their groove back after a very slow start! (Decided to sacrifice watching the second group of ladies FS live at GP France to watch the Caps v Rangers starting at the same time and still haven’t had a chance to catch up w ladies lol.) Trying to keep tabs on Flyers, who appear to be having some consistency issues lately (not unlike some of my favorite figure skaters :)). But still early, so hopefully they’ll figure it out.