Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Come on Tom!!! Get a frickin TD!

Go Pats Go:yahoo:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Up until about five minutes ago, Zach Ertz had scored the last touchdown in a Super Bowl:laugh:

I know I have a slight bias, ahem, but what a godawful game:bed: not the results, about which I do not care, but......

No Philly Special in this game:biggrin:

ETA: and it’s official, congrats to the Patriots. :) glad somebody woke up with eight minutes to go:agree:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tom really seemed to want to win that one for his teammates. Boring game if you don’t like defensive schemes but I thought it was fun. As a hockey fan I’m all about low scoring affairs.

I was a bandwagon fan when Tom took over way back in the day and because of my family ties to Michigan I’ve followed him ever since.

I wonder who he’ll play against next year ;)

melgirl25

Medalist
Steve Young on the Patriots 6th Super Bowl in 18 years and people who dislike them - "If you can't stand back to appreciate excellence, then you are a fool."

melgirl25

Medalist
Come on Tom!!! Get a frickin TD!

Go Pats Go:yahoo:

I actually only watched the 4th quarter and got updates from my boyfriend who was watching. I was expecting this roller coaster sort of game like their past Super Bowls or with the Chiefs. Phew!

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yay, the Flyers trounce the Islanders in NY 4-1 today! Thanks, Flyers, for putting the Caps in first in the Metro division for the time being.:biggrin: But I really do want the Flyers to make the playoffs over the Pens, so I AM still rooting for them (as I said I would) :laugh:

ETA: Perhaps the Islanders, losing against the Caps on Friday and again today, were spent after their emotional win against the Leafs and Tavares in his return to Nassau Coliseum on Thursday. I must say, the Isles fans were quite OTT against Tavares :shocked:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, the Flyers trounce the Islanders in NY 4-1 today! Thanks, Flyers, for putting the Caps in first in the Metro division for the time being.:biggrin: But I really do want the Flyers to make the playoffs over the Pens, so I AM still rooting for them (as I said I would) :laugh:

Well at least the Flyers won the Stadium Special against the Pens:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With my Wings in the pooper I’d appreciate a little puck luck for the CBJ. Sadly it’s starting to look like a free fall :hopelessness:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Nick Foles is a Jacksonville Jaguar now.

And he writes this:

"Thank You, Philly"

Which he ends with this:

"And then last but not least, I want to thank the city of Philadelphia, and Eagles fans everywhere.

Because for as much of an honor as it’s been to play for this team and this city…… the truest privilege has been over the last year, in the time since we won the Super Bowl — having Eagles fans share their stories with me. Having them remind me of how we didn’t just win the Super Bowl; we won the Eagles’ first Super Bowl ever. Getting to hear from Philly natives about how their father, or father’s father, or mother, or mother’s mother, cried tears of happiness after the game. Learning about how, for most people, rooting for the Eagles is more than a decision — it’s a birthright.

It’s family.

Philadelphia, thank you for welcoming me into yours.

You will forever be a part of mine.

Love Always,
Nick"

I'm not crying, you're crying:sad21::sad21::sad21:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Trying to watch all the Caps games and Worlds live on east coast time is killing me this week :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow...that CBJ game to clinch the playoffs. Bob and Bread basically put the team on their backs. Unreal!!!

Good luck with Tampa though :slink:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow...that CBJ game to clinch the playoffs. Bob and Bread basically put the team on their backs. Unreal!!!

Good luck with Tampa though :slink:

Yeah, good for CBJ, they’ve been looking strong at the end of the regular season, and I think there’s relief in DC that the Caps won’t have to face them in the first round given the hard-fought battle with them in the first round last season. The Caps local TV analysts say that CBJ actually have a chance against Tampa. Let the playoffs begin!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the heck is Tampa doing :scratch2:

Major Lolz at Kucherov getting a game suspension :laugh2:

chepe

Rinkside
After watching Womens World Championships game, I suggest following strategy for any team playing in next years Gold medal game: distract the referee and meanwhile hit opposing goalkeeper into head with a steel chair. It will make the sport appear more legit than it does now after THAT final.

Sheesh.:rolleye:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
What the heck is Tampa doing :scratch2:

Major Lolz at Kucherov getting a game suspension :laugh2:

CBJ just won again 3-1, now they’re up three games in the series, so next game is must win for Tampa Bay. And for Pens too, down three games vs Islanders, who played amazingly today :coffee:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CBJ just won again 3-1, now they’re up three games in the series, so next game is must win for Tampa Bay. And for Pens too, down three games vs Islanders, who played amazingly today :coffee:

Caps and Jackets in the Eastern Conference Finals works for me ;)