Oona Brown & Gage Brown | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Oona Brown & Gage Brown

chameleon

On the Ice
I watched their performance. Very good! I'm not sure of the qualifying rules for the US Nationals. How many teams qualify from the US Ice Dance Final to US Nationals?

Top 12 teams from the final qualify I believe, plus Nguyen/Kolesnik have their bye.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Browns finished third in Juniors at US Nationals. It was the best performance I have seen from them this season.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Inese Bucevica and Joel Dear, who are nominees for PSA's 2020 Developmental Coach of the Year Award.

Also to their fellow nominees: Laura Lipetsky; Fred Palascak and Melanie Lambert (coaches of YOG team medalist pair Fleming/Isbell); Danielle Ostrower and Lauren Roman (coaches of synchro's Teams Elite).

Winner(s) will be announced on Thu May 21.

ETA (on May 22), update:
Laura Lipetsky won the award for 2020 "Developmental Coach of the Year."
(In 2019, she won the award for "Coach of the Year.")​

As of Mar 11, 2020, Oona and Gage have a new GoFundMe page (different from the one currently in the OP).

The new one:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing this team (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
On Ice Perspectives.filmed their FD at Bryant Park- fabulous :love:

:clap::cheer2:As of this date this video has over 5 million views and almost 10 thousand comments, most positive, many many from “non-ice skating fans!!” A lot wondering “how” it was filmed.. one argument insisting it was filmed by a drone...:biggrin: :palmf: I think Jordan is breaking ground for newfans..

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The recording of their Bavarian Open RD that I posted to YouTube back in February had less than 500 views by December 6 (the date Cowan posted his video), and now has over 32,000, so some people are certainly seeking out more of them after watching Cowan's OIP.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hello, I'm a fairly recent fan of the Browns' here. It's great to see all the info on them at this site. They are certainly talented and innovative.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello, a fairly. recent fan of the Browns' here. Check out their team instagram, comments and routine on Ice Theater of New York fb page or IG, website and facebook. No I'm not associated with them. They are certainly talented and innovative. Looks like there have been no updates here in a while. On Ice Perspectives IG has some items on them as well. Same with Bryant Park sites. And of course they have a lot of routines on YouTube.

Welcome Reader3, and please share your love of the Browns whenever you can.:)

I am not the most diligent Ice Dance fan, but I do find their approach refreshing and their choreo innovative.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hello, a fairly. recent fan of the Browns' here. Check out their team instagram, comments and routine on Ice Theater of New York fb page or IG, website and facebook. No I'm not associated with them. They are certainly talented and innovative. Looks like there have been no updates here in a while. On Ice Perspectives IG has some items on them as well. Same with Bryant Park sites. And of course they have a lot of routines on YouTube.

I am happy to say that ever since their JGP debut in 2018, the Browns have been receiving lots of positive coverage/attention in other GoldenSkate threads -- such as the U.S. Ice Dance threads in The Edge (where their new articles and videos sometimes are posted) and the event threads whenever they compete (JGPs, Junior Worlds, U.S. Nationals, etc.).
The Edge also had a separate thread devoted to the On Ice Perspectives video of their Nothing Else Matters FD that went viral on YouTube. (And yes, we are lucky that Jordan has been filming Oona and Gage since the early days of OIP. Digression, but on my personal wish list :pray: is the full version of their RD that Jordan filmed at Wollman Rink in Central Park in late 2020. In the partial version on OIP's Instagram, both the Browns and Jordan once again did an outstanding job.)

This fan thread (the OP and other posts) of course is another good place to see/share links and comments, but I think that it does not fully reflect the sizable GS interest in Oona and Gage. I think it would be fair to say that the Browns currently are the most-discussed U.S. junior dance couple on GS.
(GS members seem to have more to say about the Browns than about Wolfkostin/Chen, who also are liked and respected.)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States