Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik

ice coverage

Record Breaker
*Partial* fancam video of Avonley/Vadym's performance at the Jun 15 show for the Michael Weiss Foundation -- at the Ion ITC grand opening event in Leesburg, VA.

https://youtu.be/ySO-5U92yXc (1:54, posted Jun 17)​

Many thanks to Sylvia for posting the link on FSU.

ETA:

And … just minutes later, YukiNieve tweeted *full* video of Avonley/Vadym's program from her/his own fancam:

https://youtu.be/eMJayLxfRHs (2:58, posted Jun 17)​

No music from Experience, only from Demons.
But the lovely rotational lift (and some of the other FD choreo to Experience) has been included.
[Similar but not identical program to their performance for the Junior Worlds gala in Zagreb. Among the differences: this time they wore their FD costumes.]​

Thanks to sheetz for this link in Nathan's thread.

Avonley and (separately) Vadym can be seen in this fancam video (approx. 1:18, posted Jun 15).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Avonley and Vadym are the first photo in ice-dance.com's large Facebook album of top photos of 2018-19 juniors.

It's a great photo of their FD, shot by Robin Ritoss :bow:. (BTW, Happy 20th Anniversary to IDC :hb:.)

And Robin's photo of Avonley and Vadym (at a JGPF draw, IIRC) is in IDC's album of Top Photos of 2018-19 | Moments.

As mentioned in the U.S. dance thread, today the ISU posted 13 videos from its Tea Time Foxtrot seminar in Detroit (held in April).

I have not really begun to watch them yet, but the first one seems to start with a classroom introduction. Avonley and Vadym can be seen sitting in the front row.

For Chesapeake Open RD, Avonley and Vadym were listed as a withdrawal on the results sheet, although they were included in the starting order printed on Jun 19.
(My hunch is that the withdrawal was planned, although just my hunch.)

ETA:

Update: just a few minutes ago, Avonley and Vadym arrived at Dulles Airport, per her Instastory.

Dance camp starts tomorrow evening … so remains to be seen whether they (still) intend to compete in the FD?

ETA (on Jun 23):
In hindsight .. oops, did I say something dumb?
Chesapeake Open was a combined event [ETA: in 2019 (unlike previous years, I think?)], so I guess withdrawing before the RD would mean withdrawing completely? With no option to skate only the FD, I think, meaning that what I had added below was superfluous?? :hopelessness:​

ETA (on Jun 21):

Avonley and Vadym did not compete in the Chesapeake Open FD either, per FD results (once again thanks to @YukiNieve):

https://twitter.com/YukiNieve/status/1142194511285800960 (Jun 21)

ETA (on Jun 22):
See also overall results for junior dance posted by IDC.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Avonley and Vadym can be seen skating a full pattern of Tea Time Foxtrot in the seventh of the ISU seminar videos that are mentioned in the previous post.

https://youtu.be/9vRW2MgwFk8?t=485 (starting at about 8:05)​

They apparently were the first couple who volunteered to do so, as other attendees watched.

Sylwia's first reaction was "Well done!," before she noted a timing issue: "The first part was a little bit out of music."
The seminar also was intended for officials. Sylwia wanted to hear from the judges who were watching from the stands, and the judges liked Avonley and Vadym's skate, except for the moment when they were "out of timing."
Sylwia's final comments for Avonley/Vadym: "Well done, guys. Really good."

Lest anyone wonder: Avonley/Vadym were not performing an excerpt from their own RD, so no hints thereof.
Just practicing Tea Time Foxtrot: they were just in training clothes and skated just to the "generic" "Tea for Two" music.

ETA (on Jun 27):

Group photo from USFS dance camp:

I think Vadym and Avonley are wearing the t-shirts for this year's camp.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
RD news: Aladdin is Avonley and Vadym's music, per V's Instastory.

If they are competing at Cannon Texas Open this weekend, I hope that a video (or even just a snippet) will surface. :pray:

ETA:

Scoring 60.88, Avonley and Vadym won Junior RD today at Cannon Texas Open.

Their training-mates Wolfkostin/Chen placed a very close second, with 60.73.
Avonley and Vadym had higher PCS; W/C had higher TES.​

ETA (on Jul 13):

Scoring 91.75, Avonley and Vadym won Junior FD today at Cannon Texas Open.

Their overall score that won Junior Dance: 152.63.​

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Photo from Avonley and Vadym's new FD:

Looks like a dramatic ending, taking advantage of V's flexibility. And the Instagrammer loved the program.
Quite Romeo&Julietic, from the look of it??? :laugh: of course I could be wrong. :slink: In any case, to see their progress will be one of the biggest anticipation factors of the Jr. circuit this coming season!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Quite Romeo&Julietic, from the look of it??? :laugh: of course I could be wrong. :slink: In any case, to see their progress will be one of the biggest anticipation factors of the Jr. circuit this coming season!

Agree. R & J would be my guess too... that final pose is fierce!!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Per reports from the club competition, the program is to Rachmaninoff (mainly Piano Concerto 2).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In the ISU preview of the new JGP season, Avonley and Vadym's Demons FD is the first of six accompanying photos. :)

They are the only ice dancers mentioned as examples of: "Several of the world's best Junior Skaters return to the circuit this season ..."

Good luck to Avonley and Vadym at JGP Lake Placid. :yay:

(And congratulations for their second win at Dance-Pairs Chicago.)

Look forward to Jordan Cowan's @oniceperspectives interview with Avonley and Vadym.

Jordan's Instastory had said that Avonley and Vadym nailed the interview (which was conducted recently in Lake Placid).

This week, Jordan has been shooting on ice in Novi. :dance2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
!!! @oniceperspectives's interview with Vadym and Avonley -- including Jordan's amazing on-ice videography:

:luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: :luv17:

Love hearing the partners speak about their skating, and love seeing how Jordan captured the beauty of their movement.

A million thanks to Jordan. :thank:
And good luck to Vadym and Avonley at JGP Lake Placid. :yay:

Hope all three are having a great time at Champs Camp.

Bonus for pronunciation geeks like me: Avonley and Vadym say their own first and last names at the beginning of the video.

humbaba

Final Flight
Sounds like "w" to me as well.

BTW, could Avonley possibly be more adorable? I don't think so. :luv17:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
So the V in Vadym is pronounced like W?

also to me it sounded like W, so I got curious and asked my Ukranian friend, she confirmed he says "V" (as we all know how V sounds), and that's how V is pronounced in Ukraine ;)

And Avonley sounds like a little girl, she is even cuter than she looks on the ice, well actually they are both so cute and adorable together :luv17: