Virtue/Moir
Davis/White
Papadakis/Cizeron
Bourne/Kraatz
Hon. Mention: Krylova/Ovsiannikov, Drobiazko/Vanagas, Torvill/Dean

kimi492

Final Flight
LADIES
I've been a die hard fangirl of Michelle Kwan since I was a kid in the 90s and my mom introduced me to figure skating - she will probably always be my favorite because I associate her with my childhood, and her joy and exuberance on the ice has never been topped by anyone else IMO
I also am such a huge fan of Yuna who I adore - she would be second to Michelle. Sasha Cohen, Mao, Yulia and Carolina would all be next after Yuna, but ranking them would be so hard!! I love them all for different reasons.

MEN
Scott, Yagudin, Jason - probably that order. I also like Nathan not sure where he fits yet.

PAIRS
My favorite pair of all time is Shen/Zhao, followed by Alijona (just her,LOL) and Gordeeva/Grinkov close behind.

Ice dance I've never paid close attention to until recently; besides Tessa/Scott I've never really had an attachment to anyone.

tomc100

Rinkside
Ladies: Michelle Kwan, Evgenia Medvedeva, Sasha Cohen, Kristi Yamaguchi, Oksana Baiul, Dorothy Hamill, Katarina Witt

Men: Brian Boitano, Scott Hamilton, Kurt Browning

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Ladies: Yulia Lipnitskaya, Satoko Miyahara, Mao Asada! :love:
Honorable mention to Elena Radionova, who was my very first favorite skater (she caught my attention during her junior years). Unfortunately I can't say I like her as much as I did then :/

Ice Dance: Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, the greatest of all! :love:

Although I do follow the other categories, I do not have absolute favorites. Maybe this season is the time for my love to bloom?

HazyD

Rinkside
Michelle Kwan, hands down, all-time fave. Otherwise...

Ladies: Peggy Fleming, Yuka Sato, Mao Asada, Carolina Kostner

Men: John Curry, Kurt Browning, Matt Savoie, Daisuke Takahashi, Jeffrey Buttle, Patrick Chan, Javier Fernandez

Pairs: Brasseur and Eisler, Sale and Pelletier, Shen and Zhao, Savchenko and Szolkowy/Massot

Dance: Torvill and Dean, Virtue and Moir, Papadakis and Cizeron

Runners up (purely personal): Abitbol and Bernadis, Takahiko Kozuka, Akiko Suzuki, Elena Liashenko, Illia Klimkin, Brian Boitano, Gordeeva and Gringkov, Rudy Galindo, Drobiazko and Vanagas, Denkova and Staviski, Dubreuil and Lauzon, Sui and Han, Ilia Klimkin, Sergei Voronov, Johnny Weir, Duhamel and Radford, I could go on...

kathali

Rinkside
Ladies: Medvedva, Sotskova, Korpi
Men: Fernandez, Amodio, Yagudin
Pair: Savchenko/Massot, Voloszhar/Trankov, Hotarek/Marchei

Never really followed ice dancing so not a really an opinion there :)

Manitou

Medalist
Pairs - Mishkutenok/Dmitriev, Shevchenko/Massot and Rodnina/Zaitsev. Oh, and Brasseur/Eisler...
Men - Yuzuru, long gap and Yagudin
Dance - I used to like P/C, but after the costume mishap I think the love is over. I don't know. Generally I love the discipline, but with no particular favorites. Stepanova/Bukin currently, I think. No clear favorites from the past. Generally I love everybody who gives me thrills on a given day. It's about dance, not the people.
Ladies - I used to have emotions for Dorothy Hamill, then Josee Chuinard, currently the two epic queens - Zagitova and Medvedeva.

pohatta

On the Ice
Ladies
Midori Ito
Chen Lu
Lucinda Ruh
Irina Slutskaya
Gerti Schanderl

Men
Stephane Lambiel
John Curry
Shoma Uno
Alexander Abt
Stanick Jeannette

Pairs
Mishkutenok/Dmitriev
Savchenko/Massot
Shen/Zhao
Wötzel/Steuer
Gordeeva/Grinkov

Dance
Papadakis/Cizeron
Rahkamo/Kokko
Torvill/Dean
Regöczy/Sallay
Virtue/Moir

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think these all time threads must be divided into cop and before cop. Also the entire world is impossible.

I suggest we have a format agreed upon. My idea would be skaters under 6.0 / Cop be separated because artistry mattered much more and those skaters that were great almost all trained differently ie figures, and therefore were very different than today’s top skaters. Then have a discipline category.

Then maybe the major geo areas ie Russia, Asia, Europe, North America.

But in general my top pairs are G and G forever beautiful and young, Aliona and both her partners, Anton and Elena, Sui Han, Sale and Pelletier to name a few.

Ice dance is rediculous there are so many great teams. Virtue Moir and the French are the current best but revolutionary were Torvill and Dean. Every decade brings several great dance teams and the epitomize today the skating skills we associate with true figure skating. I also loved Bourne and Kraatz - Riverdance should have won those Olympics for them.

Female skaters: American- Peggy Dorothy Kristi as a pro, Kerrigan at her two Olympics, Roz Sumners as a pro, Tara as a phenom and jumper. Same for Hughes. Best under 6.0 and cop are Sasha Cohen and Kwan. Kwan had a hold on us nationals but is maybe best competitor America produced in singles. I did Japan in other thread. European- Kat Witt in her Carmen era and queen Kostner circa 2014. China- only Chen Lu. Exquisite. Yuna Kim Korean phenom. Russia? Omg. Irina the athlete with longevity for jumping and these last 4 years the list is insane. Unfortunately two years seems the max the greatest ladies from Russia can dominate. All these girls - teenagers- Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya, Medvedeva, Zagitova, it goes on. Sadly due to puberty and injuries we are not seeing anyone long term except Leonova who was never on my list.

Now Trusova is the biggest deal there. Hard to believe how many years Irina and Maria alone carried the torch.

Men? Wow. American dominance days produced Dick Button and many more. From the golden era Scott, Boitano and Wylie. Canadian men include Borser, the amazing Kurt BROWNING!!!! The original quadster Elvis and more recently CoP artists Jeff Buttle and Patrick Chan. Outstanding and unique was Toller Cranston. One of a kind artist.

European great men include Robin Cousins, Joubert and CoP star Javier Fernandez.

Russian men. For me Alexei Yagudin 2002 was masterful. Plushenko a wily competitor and Russian legend.

So many more. Stephane Lambiel skater for life. Really wonderful.

NataFoxxy

On the Ice
Ladies:
Irina Slutskaya, Yulia Lipnitskaya, Alina Zagitova, Sasha Cohen

Men:
Igor Bobrin, Alexey Yagudin, Yuzuru Hanyu

Pairs:
Elena Berezhnaya / Anton Sikharulidze

Ice Dance:
Marina Anissina / Gwendal Peizerat, Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov

Varlesca

Match Penalty
Women:
Midori Ito- the best 3 axel in a history.
Yuna kim - everything has been said.

Dance:

P/C - they brought ice dancing on another level. Already. Artistically for sure.They changed that dyscyplin No cheesy love stories, puppy eyes and mediocre choreography(but thats another thing). Their intepretations of the music is one on million . Tell me which dancers ffrom XXI century are more creative and expressive ,not in a obtrusive way? They have that "plasticity" in their movements that no one has and with their deepest edges of them all makes them the best

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Women:
Midori Ito- the best 3 axel in a history.
Yuna kim - everything has been said.

Dance:

P/C - they brought ice dancing on another level. Already. Artistically for sure.They changed that dyscyplin No cheesy love stories, puppy eyes and mediocre choreography(but thats another thing). Their intepretations of the music is one on million . Tell me which dancers ffrom XXI century are more creative and expressive ,not in a obtrusive way? They have that "plasticity" in their movements that no one has and with their deepest edges of them all makes them the best

:roll9:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
LADIES

Michelle Kwan
Sasha Cohen
Kristi Yamaguchi
Yuna Kim
Mao Asada

MEN

Daisuke Takahashi
Yuzuru Hanyu
Stephane Lambiel
Johnny Weir

PAIRS

Savchenko/Massot and Savchenko/Szolkowy. Basically Aljona always.
Gordeeva/Grinkov
Shen/Zhao

DANCE

Papadakis/Cizeron
Denkova/Staviski
Bourne/Kraatz

akoko

Rinkside
Katarina Witt
Midori Ito
Denise Biellmann
Oksana Baiul