Developing Skaters You Are Most Excited For This Season | Golden Skate

Developing Skaters You Are Most Excited For This Season

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
It's the post-Olympic season. Many of the GP fields aren't as deep but that doesn't mean that the fields aren't diverse. I am particularly excited to see who will breakout this season among the lower-ranked/middle-ranked skaters and potentially rise as new stars.

I'm most excited for Wang/Liu and Julian Yee. Wang/Liu have recently made a long-term move to Gadbois and are looking better than ever, winning the Asian Trophy at the onset of this season. They unveiled programs that further push the range of their projection and interpretation.

After becoming the first Malaysian skater to compete at the Olympics, Julian Yee is debuting on the Grand Prix circuit with TWO assignments. Audiences love him; he's so positive and continually strives to do his best, an excellent ambassador of the sport for his country,

Shout-out to Loena Hendrickx also. I hope she can continue the momentum from her breakout performances at Worlds.

Yours?

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Ladies: Ivett Toth, Alexandra Paganini, Nicole Rajicova, Starr Andrews

Pairs: Ryom & Kim from N. Korea, The Knierims

Men: Matteo Rizzo

I don't know a lot of the lower ranked skaters, and they are rarely shown on American TV
I don't even know if all of these skaters have GP assignments or not
But I saw them perform either at US Nationals, Europeans, or the Olympics and I liked them a lot.
I hope I get to see some them skate again this season.

Note - I also am interested in how Jason Brown & Vincent Zhou do, but I think they are closer to the top tier of skaters than the middle.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well if we are including breakouts from worlds as developing... Donovan Carrillo of Mexico for sure. He is pretty much number one on my "I hope they make it to 2022" list.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well if we are including breakouts from worlds as developing... Donovan Carrillo of Mexico for sure. He is pretty much number one on my "I hope they make it to 2022" list.

:agree:Donovan is such a delight and deserves so much more support and recognition, both elsewhere and from his own country.

If the description is "breakout" rather than developing, my second wish is for Deanna Stellato and Nate Bartholomay. The wealth of experience between them, they could be hardly called "developing", but here's hoping it comes together for them as a team as well:clap:

And of course there's Andrew T. Finally, a JGP win:hap10: Could this finally be the year he puts it all together?

believed

On the Ice
I don’t know if this counts, but I’m really hoping Gadbois works for Hawayek and Baker.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Ladies: Loena Hendrickx, Emmi Peltonen, Rika Kihira, Eunsoo Lim, Polina Tsurskaya

Men: Jimmy Ma, Nicholas Nadeau, Keegan Messing, Daniel Samohin, Romain Ponsart

Pairs: Hocke & Blommaert, the Knierims, Peng/Jin, Boikova & Kozlovskii, Stellato & Bartholomay, Denney & Frazier

Dance: Carreira & Ponomarenko, Soucisse & Firus, Hurtardo & Khaliavin, Hawayek & Baker

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ladies: Sofia Samodurova

Men: Alexei Krasnozhon, Matteo Rizzo

Dance: Komatsubara/Koleto, Carreira/Ponomarenko

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am looking forward to see the 3 TCC boys develop... always looking forward to bennet toman as well... nobody ever talks about him.. yet he does have gorgeous 3as and is closed to lands both his quads.... and skating skills wise he is smooth... camden pulkinen :luv17:

ladies : sarah maude, emma bulawka, big powerful jumpers.

pairs : wolfe and ruest.... they now have a triple twist... what else? Trennt and Evelyn... the NKoreans : will they improve.. mervin and new partner... those SBS 3flips were gorgeous... lots of excitement there.... brasseur Bardei.. hasn't he been officially released?

dance : O/R and looking forward to find out if they will skate for Canada or Japan.... team LALA and both team BBs

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Very excited to see how Eunsoo & Erokhov do this season. Also if juniors counts Orzel,Shimada & Kostornaia.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess I have a different definition of "developing" than some of you. Jason Brown and the Knierems are "developing"? :shrug: Well, to me, it means someone who has potential but has a ways to go before they can compete at a high level, ie at Worlds or the Olympics, without any significant medals to their name. I would say Donovan Carillo, Anastasia Arkhipova, Ekaterina Kurakova, Matyas Behloradsky, Koshiro Shimada, Georgy Kunitsa, Andrei Kutovoy, Daniil Samsonov....those are the first ones who come to mind. Starr is a good one. I'll be curious to see if Matteo keeps up the progress this season, and Alexey Erokhov is a big question mark. Nic Nadeau, too.

Weetos

Final Flight
Definitely looking forward to more Julian Yee!

I would love to see Kazuki Tomono, who had a real breakout moment at Worlds, continue to develop and make the most of his GP spots.

Deniss Vasiljevs, I have Expectations :D

And I hope Jun Hwan Cha has a great season, he has two GP spots too now so I hope he can shine!

I am crossing my fingers for some surprise qualifiers for the GPF! :laugh:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Kazuki and Sota, no contest.

Other developing skaters I'm looking forward to seeing (seniors only): Bradie Tennell, Rika Kihira, Eun Soo Lim, Darya Panenkova, Jun Hwan Cha, Hawayek/Baker (OK, they're established, but still waiting for their big breakout), Li/Xie.

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hmm,
I'll stick to the original poster's ideas of developing or new senior skaters who you're hoping to break through: My USA choices
Dance: Christina Carrera and Anthony Ponomerenko first year seniors who have a lot of potential and a lot of competition just within the USA. With the Shibs not competing this season I want to pick a favorite to cheer for and this team is a top contender for my support. :)

Pairs: Since the USA pairs as a whole is a work in progress, I'll cheer on S/B, K/O and C/L and any USA team that shows real improvement.

Men: Andrew T.

Ladies: Still thinking about this... lol

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Yi Christy Leung got some new fans at Bratislava, thanks mainly to her stylish Florence and the Machine's FS . It looks like she is doing both junior and senior competition this season. Good luck to her!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Developing skaters?

Sofia Akatieva, Veronika Zhilina, Kamila Valieva are probably the most interesting ones.

pearly

Record Breaker
Two Jr dance teams - the Browns and Avonley Nguyen and Vadym Kolesnik. I think we all se big things for these kids.