Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Developing Skaters You Are Most Excited For This Season

5 Not allowed!
    The two Alenas! Kostornaia and Kanysheva!

Igor's new dance team.

Tomoki Hiwatashi and Camden P.

(Aren't all skaters developing all the time if we really think about it? In which case - Jason Brown, Evgenia Medvedeva, Maria Sotskova, Polina Tsurskaya, and Hawayek/Baker, too! )

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    I hope Alena Kostrornaya is the next to jump ship and find a new coach. That kid...

And yes, excited to see how Medvedeva develops under the new coaches.

Aspiring Adult Ice Dancer~ bunnybarista's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pearly View Post
    Two Jr dance teams - the Browns and Avonley Nguyen and Vadym Kolesnik. I think we all se big things for these kids.
    Yes, yes, yes! All the love for both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    Hmm,
    Dance: Christina Carrera and Anthony Ponomerenko first year seniors who have a lot of potential and a lot of competition just within the USA. With the Shibs not competing this season I want to pick a favorite to cheer for and this team is a top contender for my support.
    Agreed - I got to see them do their FD in person earlier this summer and they were lovely (maybe a little overscored, though). Still lots of room for improvement though.

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Imo Panenkova has a lot of potential and good opportunities during this season. Just hoping it's enough time for her to polish programms before GP events.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I'm really excited to see Sota, Kazuki, and Junhwan in men's and Rika Kihira, and Loena in the ladies.

Also even though they've been around for a while, I'm hoping Keegan Messing will be able to break into the top tier of skaters, and I'm really rooting for Nam Nguyen to have a better season. He looked a lot more like the old Nam in the summer competitions so I have high hopes.

There's also a ton of juniors I really have liked so far this season, but there's too many of them! So I'll just have to keep watching them.

0 Not allowed!
    matteo rizzo , donovan carrillo, alexei erokhov

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pearly View Post
    I hope Alena Kostrornaya is the next to jump ship and find a new coach. That kid...

And yes, excited to see how Medvedeva develops under the new coaches.
    what's your reasoning behind this?

I highly doubt she ever will, but i think she would do well under orser. she's already technically very strong with good technique, and even though her skating itself is already ahead for being a junior, i think orser could make her even more magical. she has yuna potential.

1 Not allowed!
    Mens: Stephen Gogolev but also Ryan Dunk and Donovan Carillo
    Ladies: Alena K I am excited for even though I have feelings about her free, Anna Shcherbakova and Anna Tarusina too.
    Pairs: my aussies Alexandrovskaya/Windsor are fully moving to Senior now so I’m really excited to see them especially under new coaching in Montreal and with new choreographers too.
    Dance: really excited for Carreira/Ponomorenko to go senior and I am particularly excited to see their RD in better video quality, in terms of juniors D’Alessandro/Waddell are so good already and I’m looking forward to them not only this season but hopefully for many to come, Lajoie/Lagha also.

2 Not allowed!
    For men, Junhwan Cha. He was injured all through last season if I'm correct, but I think his style of skating, very musical and dynamic, is super enjoyable to watch.

For ladies, Nana Araki. She has really nice basic skating skills, so she's just nice to watch. She's a junior, so I look forward to seeing how she matures... but also the one-handed Biellmann variation she does is so pretty. Not to mention her lutz

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    I just caught up with Ivett Toth's Sp at Lombardia, and she's definitely on my list of those to watch this season.

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    I'm also adding Ivett Toth to my list. I loved her when I saw her at the Olympics but had almost forgotten about her until today. I'm also adding Jimmy Ma, he's got some personality for sure!

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Nguyen/Kolesnik for sure, and the rise of S. Korean ladies

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Deniss Vasiljevs, Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kanysheva, and Anastasia Tarakanova

Outdated Old Dinosaur

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPitHotTub View Post
    Mens: Stephen Gogolev but also Ryan Dunk and Donovan Carillo
    Ladies: Alena K I am excited for even though I have feelings about her free, Anna Shcherbakova and Anna Tarusina too.
    Pairs: my aussies Alexandrovskaya/Windsor are fully moving to Senior now so I’m really excited to see them especially under new coaching in Montreal and with new choreographers too.
    Dance: really excited for Carreira/Ponomorenko to go senior and I am particularly excited to see their RD in better video quality, in terms of juniors D’Alessandro/Waddell are so good already and I’m looking forward to them not only this season but hopefully for many to come, Lajoie/Lagha also.
    I'm highlighting your list, because my main contenders are in it.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    After watching Lombardia, Sofia Samodorova. I especially enjoyed her short program.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Ladies: South Korean Ladies - Jihun To, Young You, Kim Yelim. Praying to the skating gods that one of them becomes Yuna Kim's successor

Ice Dance: The Browns (as the next ShibSibs), Nguyen/Kolesnik (as the next Davis/White), Lajoie/Lagha (as the next Papadakis/Ciceron... i think. Since they are MF's babies)

Pairs: Sorry not familiar with the junior teams. Although I still think it would be a Russian team who will dominate, unless some Chinese team suddenly comes along

Men: Stephen Gogolev might dominate the field in the future but I love the charisma of the japanese men Yuma Kagiyama and Koshiro Shimada

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    If you haven't watched them this weekend yet, check out Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara. They made their JGP debut in front of a hometown crowd and are definitely the junior dance team I'm most excited for this season. A promising, well-matched young team who are quite expressive, musical, and have good chemistry with each other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-e-QPDNuE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2