Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2018-19 European Ice Dance

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    This is the wrong thread for discussing U.S. Nationals. If you want to know what we "all" know, maybe put it in the U.S. Dance thread? The U.S. dance podium at Nationals has included an "upset of the apple cart" every year for the past three seasons. (I don't personally care for C&B's FD at all. Don't care for H&D's FD at all either). I am most excited about the battle for the bronze. Don't think you can afford to muck up there. You could drop from third to sixth in a heartbeat. Four teams within 4 1/2 points on the SB list, the top three of them ranked back to back to back on the World Standings list. Split SB scores between two of those teams in the short & the free. Could be so good!

Meanwhile, back to European ice dance . . .

My favorite current programs belong to Stepanova & Bukin and Guignard & Fabbri. GPF results say likely one will not make the podium and that I will be for somebody so that I might as well root for one of them to upset for the silver.

Tripping on the Podium La Rhumba's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Maybe follow your own advice? I merely answered a poster's question succinctly. I'm well aware what thread this is.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for answering my question. And personally I think S/B will get the bronze but it will be much more clear after the RD (that tango romantica pattern).

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1904sk8 View Post
    Thank you for answering my question. And personally I think S/B will get the bronze but it will be much more clear after the RD (that tango romantica pattern).
    I believe, based on someone else's analysis of the GPF scores, that S&B would have outscored G&F had Ivan not messed up the twizzles.

Now, of course, we wait to see what happens during the next head-to-head. Both teams made a great argument for themselves at the Finland GP so it does seem the judges are open to either team here. But I don't think there's any need to leap to the need for political analysis in order to predict that S&B could come out ahead of G&F. It's quite a logical prediction based on what we've seen thus far. That it might come down to who skates clean and/or that different panels might go in different ways. (I'm still rooting for S&B to get the silver, but--you know--the numbers don't make that argument for me. Only my hopes).

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I'm interested in how Turkkila/Versluis stack up here versus Spanish, top Polish, 2nd French, and British teams. They have shown a lot of improvement and promise this season, even beating some of lower-ranked Russian teams including Popova/Mozgov and Evdokimova/Bazin (although these were at home competitions).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8