Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2018-19 European Ice Dance

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Only if non Montreal wins GPF
    Keep changing the goalposts, next you will be saying that Russia is only improved if it wins the next 3 Olympiads

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    Guignard/Fabbri seem to have improved a lot since last season and now they have scores that are challenging the top tier teams. This season they are the Italian #1's. I think Marco is a great partner, often underrated in the past, and Charlene seems to have caught up to him skating skills-wise, and now they seem pretty well matched. They don't have the most interesting programs and they are not trendsetters, but what they present is very suitable for them and what they execute, they do very well (they have some of the best twizzles). Anyone else impressed?

I'm impressed with how far they've come, but I think they really could use a new choreographer. They're usually better than their programs. I mean the LLL program is a nice stylistic homage to classic Hollywood musicals, but it's no more than nice. It would be helpful if their team would stop using "music that worked last season." They've progressed to the point where they really could start taking greater chances with their material.

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns Lester's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    4. There was improvement because they were irrelevant to the sport of ice dance from 2014-2018
    They were more or less. And now two teams are getting top-tier marks. I mean not that they are not good, I just don't think they are that good yet.
    On the other hand the new world pecking order has not crystalised yet it seems so anything goes.

Tripping on the Podium La Rhumba's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Great interview with Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson, who will be competing at NHK, it covers all aspects of on and off ice life.

https://youtu.be/gPSOoiiO2dI

Interview by Tony Wheeler, whose name I remember from Skating Forums back in the day.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Great interview with Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson, who will be competing at NHK, it covers all aspects of on and off ice life.

https://youtu.be/gPSOoiiO2dI

Interview by Tony Wheeler, whose name I remember from Skating Forums back in the day.
    Many thanks for sharing this. A young couple I really like with a cracking free dance this year. All the best to them both at the NHK.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6