2018-19 European Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ice Dance

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I’m wondering about Abachkina, Loboda and Drozd. Did any of them meet their new partners? I actually capture abachkina and drozed could make a wonderful team, btw.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
9 out of 10 ice dancers in Bratislava are Europeans, which is quite obvious due to logistics reasons. I think it will be the first direct competition between both British duos. And although everyone seems to assume Vika and Nikita will be the winners, I'm curious about the judging and the point gap between them and Betina and Sergei (assuming both pairs skate clean).
LP: Amelie Sountrack by Yann Tiersen

Yup, the first time since nationals. Tweedale/Buckland haven’t yet beaten Fear/Gibson (who have never beat Coomes/Buckland) but a new season is always time to improve! Tweedale/Buckland got 146 at Lombardia and came 5th, which is much higher than what Fear/Gibson got silver with in 2016 139.6.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Last week at Autumn Classic International we could see two Montreal-based European ice dance duos: Smart & Diaz from Spain and Markova & Daze from Bulgaria. The Spanish couple won silver medal while the Bulgarians terminated on the last place (similar to the US International Figure Skating Classic). Tomorrow, among others, is the turn of Kaliszek & Spodyriev from Poland and Nazarova & Nikitin from Ukraine. Very curious about their programs.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
When will the other Polish team make their debut?

According to Justyna's Instagram, although the answer was given by Jeremie, it will be Warsaw Cup in November:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMad8TAYQU/?taken-by=justynaa_pl

I checked the Fan Fest and Justyna Plutowska & Jeremie Flemin don't have their own thread there, so I think I will create one in the afternoon. For those who are interested, some months ago they left Barbara Fusar-Poli and moved to Montreal. The couple is very active in the social media. Below some links:

Justyna and Jeremie Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JJonice/
Justyna's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justynaa_pl/
Jeremie's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jerem.ie/

I hope this year they will move in the ranks and can't help to see Montreal programs performed by a Polish couple :)

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Yup, the first time since nationals. Tweedale/Buckland haven’t yet beaten Fear/Gibson (who have never beat Coomes/Buckland) but a new season is always time to improve! Tweedale/Buckland got 146 at Lombardia and came 5th, which is much higher than what Fear/Gibson got silver with in 2016 139.6.

Unfortunately for Tweedale/Buckland, they weren't able to beat their team colleagues at Ondrej Nepela. Although they won the SP, they were clearly behind Fear/Gibson in the FD. They'll have to wait until the next direct confrontation.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Unfortunately for Tweedale/Buckland, they weren't able to beat their team colleagues at Ondrej Nepela. Although they won the SP, they were clearly behind Fear/Gibson in the FD. They'll have to wait until the next direct confrontation.

I was surprised when I saw the SP results but their tango is a bit better. I think they next meet at Skate America!

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
According to Justyna's Instagram, although the answer was given by Jeremie, it will be Warsaw Cup in November:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMad8TAYQU/?taken-by=justynaa_pl

I checked the Fan Fest and Justyna Plutowska & Jeremie Flemin don't have their own thread there, so I think I will create one in the afternoon. For those who are interested, some months ago they left Barbara Fusar-Poli and moved to Montreal. The couple is very active in the social media. Below some links:

Justyna and Jeremie Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JJonice/
Justyna's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justynaa_pl/
Jeremie's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jerem.ie/

I hope this year they will move in the ranks and can't help to see Montreal programs performed by a Polish couple :)

I just recently discovered them and have enjoyed their YouTube videos - really looking forward to seeing their programs for this season after their big move to Montreal / Gadbois center!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So many European teams at Gadbois! Yet a lot of them still travel back to Europe to compete.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
A very rough skate yesterday for both the Polish and Ukrainian couples. In place of fighting for the medals, they occupy the last positions. I hope their FD will be far better and error free and that they will leave Oberstdorf at least satisfied with their free dance performance.

As for Justyna and Jeremie, I hope they have improved enough to fight with Natalia & Maksym for the National title and the post at Worlds. I am excited Poland has two duos in the same discipline that push each other and are eager to improve and develop. Let's hope one day we'll see them medal at a major ISU event (Natalia & Maksym have already won some CS events).

lavoix

Match Penalty
Plutowska/Flemin look like they are really enjoying Montreal, I can't wait to see what programs they have.

icetug

Medalist
As for Justyna and Jeremie, I hope they have improved enough to fight with Natalia & Maksym for the National title and the post at Worlds. I am excited Poland has two duos in the same discipline that push each other and are eager to improve and develop. Let's hope one day we'll see them medal at a major ISU event (Natalia & Maksym have already won some CS events).

Couldn't agree more.
It's high time for Natalia and Maxim to have an internal competition. ;)
Also can't wait to see effects of J&J training in Montreal.

icetug

Medalist
Last year I enjoyed Ria Schwendinger and Valentin Wunderlich skating very much and tried to find out what was going on with them as they were expected to move up to seniors. Unfortunately the only I could find was Ria's record on Ice Partner Search :(
Does anybody know what happened? I wonder if she has any chances to find a partner...

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I am hoping the European dance teams can showcase a style distinct and different from Gadbois and Russia this quad. Ice dance is nicer with diversity.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I am hoping the European dance teams can showcase a style distinct and different from Gadbois and Russia this quad. Ice dance is nicer with diversity.

A lot of good European ice dancers are either Russians training in Russia (plus Hurtado/Diaz who work with Zhulin in Moscow)or skaters who also train in Montreal (two French, one Polish, one British, one Bulgarian and one Spanish couple) or with Shpilband (Tweedale/Buckland). We are left with Barbara Fusar-Poli duos, the Ukrainians who train with Bourzat and the other Polish couple. I'm afraid it won't give much diversity… But I hope to be wrong.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Does Zoueva have anyone??

I hope Fusar-Poli's students make a breakthrough this season, I like their programs a lot this season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Does Zoueva have anyone??

It seems like perhaps she's not taking senior teams? Or any at all? I know there are some good young dancers that have been training in Canton this summer. If she's not, it's both sad and ironic. Now that the scoring system is emphasizing execution over levels, we don't appear to have any of Marina's beautiful floaty choreography. She is very much about polished performance and execution.