2018-19 European Ice Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ice Dance

Giselle

Medalist
So Sinitsina/Katsalapov beat all of the Gadbois teams in the FD last night, why should they move to her :laugh:

Anyway, the +5 GOE system is giving a lot of power to the judges and less to the Technical Panel. Not sure I like it...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Anyway, the +5 GOE system is giving a lot of power to the judges and less to the Technical Panel. Not sure I like it...

Well, I don't have much of an opinion either way, but it's interesting to note that now nine people have more power than just three. But then, ID BV isn't making much of a difference anyway - all the top team were around the same marks.

lavoix

Match Penalty
So Sinitsina/Katsalapov beat all of the Gadbois teams in the FD last night, why should they move to her :laugh:

You do realise S/K have more years of experience? And that Gadbois' team made some mistakes?

Anyway, S/K were great in the FP, definitely a big threat this season.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well, I don't have much of an opinion either way, but it's interesting to note that now nine people have more power than just three. But then, ID BV isn't making much of a difference anyway - all the top team were around the same marks.

What has made the difference since COP in dance is LEVELS, and this new system is already changing that...and not for the better.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
What has made the difference since COP in dance is LEVELS, and this new system is already changing that...and not for the better.

Not really. New changes are made (according to ISU) because a lot of teams were already on the highest level and they needed more subtle differentiation in quality of the elements marks. The difference between one level was not a indicator who is a 'better team' even in the beginning of COP. Components and other 'quality' scores always had higher value in ice dance. Just look at Torino and Vancouver Olympics for example. Fusar Poli/Margaglio and Domnina/Shabalin were clearly the best teams in Compulsary dances there (in what represents dance patterns with levels today). But did they win at the end?

Andrea82

Medalist
I was wondering when she would begin her season :scratch2:
did she announce something?

I haven't read any official announcement. But this summer some group pics at Agorà (one of the Milan training center) have been posted picturing her along the other ice dancers sporting ice dance boots. And she is not in the National Team list for Single (and given the other names present it is not because of strict selection criteria).

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Great interview. I’m glad Coomes and Buckland earned them that second spot this year hopefully either they or Fear and Gibson can keep it so GBR can send two in 2020 as well. If nationals go as expected hopefully F/G earn a second spot for them at worlds.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You do realise S/K have more years of experience? And that Gadbois' team made some mistakes?

Anyway, S/K were great in the FP, definitely a big threat this season.

I believe this was a joke directed at me!!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I love Sinitsina/ Katsalapov the best, but all the evidence is pointing to stepanova/bukin being in the conversation for National champs and then top 5 ( or podium) at Worlds. Right?

(sobs) but I adore Sinitsina/ Katsalapov!!!!

nocturnalis

Medalist
I love Sinitsina/ Katsalapov the best, but all the evidence is pointing to stepanova/bukin being in the conversation for National champs and then top 5 ( or podium) at Worlds. Right?

(sobs) but I adore Sinitsina/ Katsalapov!!!!
I think S/K are better when they hit, but S/B are more consistent and their consistency is being mistaken for skill.

starla16

Medalist
I think S/K are better when they hit, but S/B are more consistent and their consistency is being mistaken for skill.

Stepanova / Bukin have poor skating skills, she hunches her back to gain speed and they have slow step sequence levels but are saved by new cops +5 GOEs, so whats new ?
S/K are the underdogs at the moment.

Mattieu

Medalist
I must congratulate gymers on his crystal ball for predicting the demise of the Russian Ice dancers. :clap:

All the Russians could manage in the Finland GP was a pathetic 1st place.:slink:
They clearly need to move to Marie-France immediately, you can see from only getting the 2nd highest score of the season and their maxed out TES in the FD that they clearly don't understood the IJS.....

A few statistics confirme the need for Russian skaters to move to Marie-France
Teams competed so far in GPs - Marie-France : 6 - Russia: 5
Teams medalling - Marie-France : 1 - Russia : 3

It's good to know that gymers have good reason to rant and rave about how bad Russian ice dance is.:bow:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Guignard/Fabbri seem to have improved a lot since last season and now they have scores that are challenging the top tier teams. This season they are the Italian #1's. I think Marco is a great partner, often underrated in the past, and Charlene seems to have caught up to him skating skills-wise, and now they seem pretty well matched. They don't have the most interesting programs and they are not trendsetters, but what they present is very suitable for them and what they execute, they do very well (they have some of the best twizzles). Anyone else impressed?

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Guignard/Fabbri seem to have improved a lot since last season and now they have scores that are challenging the top tier teams. This season they are the Italian #1's. I think Marco is a great partner, often underrated in the past, and Charlene seems to have caught up to him skating skills-wise, and now they seem pretty well matched. They don't have the most interesting programs and they are not trendsetters, but what they present is very suitable for them and what they execute, they do very well (they have some of the best twizzles). Anyone else impressed?

Yes, they are a charming pair. Slight mistake in Helsinki - he seemed so apologetic to her. Love that he kisses her hand before they start on the ice. He is a great partner and skater. Color me a new fan!

gmyers

Record Breaker
I must congratulate gymers on his crystal ball for predicting the demise of the Russian Ice dancers. :clap:

All the Russians could manage in the Finland GP was a pathetic 1st place.:slink:
They clearly need to move to Marie-France immediately, you can see from only getting the 2nd highest score of the season and their maxed out TES in the FD that they clearly don't understood the IJS.....

A few statistics confirme the need for Russian skaters to move to Marie-France
Teams competed so far in GPs - Marie-France : 6 - Russia: 5
Teams medalling - Marie-France : 1 - Russia : 3

It's good to know that gymers have good reason to rant and rave about how bad Russian ice dance is.:bow:

Well there is no reason to do that anymore!! The only thing to discuss is why?!?!
1. Too many teams moved to Montreal! Backlash!!
2. The new system of +5 giving judges more power- good for Russia
3. It’s russians teams turn! I mean they were completely absent from the sport from 2014-2018 and now there is time for new blood
4. There was improvement because they were irrelevant to the sport of ice dance from 2014-2018

Mattieu

Medalist
Well there is no reason to do that anymore!! The only thing to discuss is why?!?!
1. Too many teams moved to Montreal! Backlash!!
2. The new system of +5 giving judges more power- good for Russia
3. It’s russians teams turn! I mean they were completely absent from the sport from 2014-2018 and now there is time for new blood
4. There was improvement because they were irrelevant to the sport of ice dance from 2014-2018

Good job the Russian teams didn't followed your advices and move to Montreal.
I was right, when I says that it is a cycle, every international coaching centre that become the place to be has a limited shelf live.

So now will you change your rant from 'all Russian teams need to move to Montreal' to 'all teams need to leave Montreal?

LandShark

Rinkside
Anyone else impressed with Finnish couple Juulia Turkkila / Matthias Versluis?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDfZbOX7gHI

Night and day improvements from last season. Improvements throughout the season with new PBs at ONT and Finlandia Trophy. FD especially seems very well-choreographed. They may challenge for Top 5 at GP Finland.

Absolutely. Extremely impressive.

Beautiful quality and decent skating skills for such a young couple. Stunning presentation and a future female star. Let's hope this progress continues as it's far too long since Finland had a world class dance team.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Good job the Russian teams didn't followed your advices and move to Montreal.
I was right, when I says that it is a cycle, every international coaching centre that become the place to be has a limited shelf live.

So now will you change your rant from 'all Russian teams need to move to Montreal' to 'all teams need to leave Montreal?

Only if non Montreal wins GPF