2018-19 European Ice Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ice Dance

lavoix

Match Penalty
Plutowska/Flemin need to get it together (especially Jeremie and his twizzles), they have not been skating well this season, I'm still scared that they'll be the 1st team not to qualify for the FD again this year :drama:

I thought they've been skating fine, again they just moved to new coaches. It will take time. I love their new look and programs this season.

Giselle

Medalist
I'm tough on them because I like them a lot actually, I think that they have everything to be the N°1 Polish team!

Andrea82

Medalist
Shari Koch/Christian Nüchtern is the German couple for Europeans

I would say the same!

Then a group of 9 skaters with big chances to qualify for the Free Dance : 1 german, Yanovskaya/Lukacs, Galiavieva/Thauron, the 2 italians, Turkkila/Versluis, Tweedale/Buckland, Popova/Bielikov, Reed/Ambrulevicius.

The fight for the 10th spot between Kublikova/Hulitski and Plutowska/Flemin, and finally a group 5 with low chances to skate 2 programs : Manni/Röthlisberger, Kelly/Akalin, Ichilov/Davidovich, Bunina/Frolov and Markova/Daze.

I would rate Plutowska/Flemin's chances better than Kublikova/Hulitski. K/H have a good score from Open of Andorra but at Golden Spin they were pretty weak (behind Ichilov/Davidovich). P/F have beaten Moscheni/Fabbri quite comfortably at the Innsbruck Challenger.

Nirti

Medalist
Yes I agree, Plutowska/Flemin seem stronger. Kublikova/Hulitski are progressing and will skate at home, which could help them in the case of one other team fails.

I'm a bit sad for Müller/Dieck, let's hope that Koch/Nüchtern do a top10 to see 2 german pairs next year!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Coomes and Buckland are taking the year off and coaching in America. It’s anyone’s guess if they plan on returning but they haven’t officially retired yet.

Penny & Nick will be leaving London for Germany to skate with Daniel Weiss's 3 date Tour starring Aljona & Bruno, culminating in Oberstdorf on the 30th December. How cruel Eurosport won't broadcast it Live as they used to every year. :(

azcalder

Rinkside
Per Penny's latest Instagram post:
Last night after an amazing weekend with our families, in a romantic igloo on the river, next to Tower Bridge and under London’s beautiful Christmas Lights.... my best friend asked me to marry him.
We have been together since we were teenagers, shared ups & downs and travelled the world together. I am the luckiest girl in the world because I get to share the rest of my life with someone who truly is the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, so I am truly blessed to be a part of your life. I love you more than words can say @n_bucklandThank you for choosing me to be your Fiancé ♥️

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yes I agree, Plutowska/Flemin seem stronger. Kublikova/Hulitski are progressing and will skate at home, which could help them in the case of one other team fails.

I'm a bit sad for Müller/Dieck, let's hope that Koch/Nüchtern do a top10 to see 2 german pairs next year!

Let's see.
Papadakis & Cizeron
Sinitsina & Katsalapov
Guignard & Fabbri
Stepanova & Bukin
Hurtado & Khaliavin
Lauriault & Le Gac
Smart & Diaz
Fear & Gibson
Kaliszek & Spodyriev
Evdokimova & Bazin

I believe per the SB list, Koch & Nuchtern have the 11th highest score so a shot at the top 10 is possible. However, Turkkila & Versluis defeated them by 17 points head to head at the Finland GP, and Tessari & Fioretti finished ahead of K&N by 10.

Personally, I'm thinking Turkkila & Versluis have a good shot at the top ten, as T&V defeated both Evdokimova & Bazin and Koch & Nuchtern head-to-head this season. However, both those events were at-home events in Finland so you never if they can hold that standing away from home. E&B defeated T&V once in Minsk. Meanwhile, both Tessari & Fioretti and Tweedale & Buckland defeated T&V at Nepela and Lombardia earlier in the season. Koch & Nuchtern defeated Tweedale & Buckland at Golden Spin. And K&N split results with Fear & Gibson and defeated Kaliszek & Spodyriev in Germany at Nebelhorn. That was an at-home event for K&N, plus K&S were really off there. But in any case, it looks like we should get a good fight for at least that tenth spot at Europeans.

Giselle

Medalist
So Smart/Diaz skipped the "Revolution on ice" show to heal an infection Adrian has. I hope he recovers in time for Euros!

I'll start the predictions (I've also put their Season Best Score, some are from GPs and others from CS or smaller competitions):

1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (SB: 216.78)
2. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV (SB: 201.37)
3. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (SB: 198.65) I think G/F will beat S/B again at Euros but maybe not at Worlds...
4. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (SB: 200.78)
5. Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON (SB: 177.20) I think their FD will score very well!
6. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (SB: 174.42)
7. Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ (SB: 180.07)
8. Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN (SB: 168.31)
9. Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (SB: 180.32)
10. Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV (SB: 178.43)
11. Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS (SB: 163.49)
12. Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (SB: 158.03)
13. Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS (SB: 161.40)
14. Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN (SB: 156.16)
15. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI (SB: 159.21)
16. Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND (SB: 162.50)
17. Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN (SB: 165.31)
18. Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN (SB: 152.49)
19. Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV (SB: 154.42)
20. Adelina GALYAVIEVA /Louis THAURON (SB: 149.69)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
If Fear and Gibson come 5th I will literally cry.

It’ll be interesting to see if you’re right, I think EC is a little more up in the air than 4CC where the Americans and Canadians will dominate.

Andrea82

Medalist
IIRC Ukraine have just one spot and it's Popova/Byelikov. So no Nazarova/Nikitin. I think Nikitin got injured during the RD at Nationals (and that's why they withdrew from FD) but I am not sure because it's what I got from a google translated interview with Nazarova in Ukrainian.

Nathan13

Medalist
So Smart/Diaz skipped the "Revolution on ice" show to heal an infection Adrian has. I hope he recovers in time for Euros!

I'll start the predictions (I've also put their Season Best Score, some are from GPs and others from CS or smaller competitions):

3. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (SB: 198.65) I think G/F will beat S/B again at Euros but maybe not at Worlds...
5. Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON (SB: 177.20) I think their FD will score very well!

I thought my predictions were original but apparently not, we have the exact same top 5. This should be a great event!!

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

6. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (SB: 174.42)
7. Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ (SB: 180.07)
8. Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN (SB: 168.31)
9. Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (SB: 180.32)
10. Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV (SB: 178.43)
11. Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS (SB: 163.49)
12. Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (SB: 158.03)
13. Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS (SB: 161.40)
14. Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN (SB: 156.16)
15. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI (SB: 159.21)
16. Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND (SB: 162.50)
17. Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN (SB: 165.31)
18. Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Jeremie FLEMIN (SB: 152.49)
19. Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV (SB: 154.42)
20. Adelina GALYAVIEVA /Louis THAURON (SB: 149.69)

Why do you think G/F won't beat S/B at worlds?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Why do you think G/F won't beat S/B at worlds?

Because at Worlds it will be Canadian/USA team who will win the medal, so there is no need to push Italians for a podium placement (in a podium of countries diversity, which is the optimal podium for ISU) ;) Even S/B are better than G/F (in my humble opinion), Italians will be pushed in some competitions just because Italy could win a medal. When there is no chance for a medal (as it will be the situation at Worlds), there is no need to push G/F ahead of S/B.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Also I am upset that the RD and FD at both US nationals and Euros are on the same days. I wished it could have been scheduled differently. Hopefully I will still be able to watch both.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I guess they figure most Europeans don’t care to much about US Nationals and they know American viewers don’t care about the Europeans.

I certainly care about US Nationals less than Europeans but yeah I wish either the USFSA or the ISU had been more thoughtful.

Hey ho.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I am just a fan of all the Montreal teams and it will be such an intense competition between the three top US/Montreal teams so I was looking forward to watching it. I still would rather watch Euros.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Do we know which team qualified for Poland?

Both Polish teams will be at Europeans.

I am just a fan of all the Montreal teams and it will be such an intense competition between the three top US/Montreal teams so I was looking forward to watching it. I still would rather watch Euros. am just a fan of all the Montreal teams and it will be such an intense competition between the three top US/Montreal teams so I was looking forward to watching it. I still would rather watch Euros.

I can tell you the result already, irrespective of how they skate:

1. Hub/Don
2. Chock/Bates
3. Hawayek/Baker

The US Judges are very conservative and don't want to upset the apple cart, but we all know Chock & Bates have the best FD.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Both Polish teams will be at Europeans.

I can tell you the result already, irrespective of how they skate:

1. Hub/Don
2. Chock/Bates
3. Hawayek/Baker

The US Judges are very conservative and don't want to upset the apple cart, but we all know Chock & Bates have the best FD.

Very true