2018-19 European Ice Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ice Dance

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
:thank: Nirti, I have a respect for Madam Arribert-Narce, she has so many talented young couples and is always so enthusiastic and talking to them in the K&C. Is her location near Courcheval? There used to be a Dance competition there every season, quite late, but it hasn't been held for a long while.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I am also getting a little more hopeful about the future of french and european ice dance teams in general. I know Russia has had many strong junior teams that burn out before they become senior but looking towards the 2026 cycle I think Russian has a lot of potential. France is starting to have strong, young junior teams who hopefully will be able to take over after p/c retire. Big shoes to fill but hopefully they can keep french ice dance relevant, france has always managed to have one top team for a while and I hope it continue.

Nirti

Medalist
:thank: Nirti, I have a respect for Madam Arribert-Narce, she has so many talented young couples and is always so enthusiastic and talking to them in the K&C. Is her location near Courcheval? There used to be a Dance competition there every season, quite late, but it hasn't been held for a long while.

Villard-de-Lans is very close to Grenoble, where the Trophée de France is now organised.
Vaujany is not far, where the last French Nationals were hold (and where Florent Amodio is now coaching? I'm not sure about it)
Courchevel is more north-east, direction Albertville. Quite 3 hours to drive from Villard ;)

All are winter sports locations, good connected with highway. Courchevel will organise the first junior grand prix next season, with probably some dancers from Villard :)

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Looking forward to it already! :) And ofcourse Grenoble is very important in Ice Dance History, where the sport was a demonstration event at the 1968 Winter Olympics, won by Diane Towler & Bernard Ford, 4 x WC, and the first couple who introduced small Lifts into their Free Dance.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Could someone please tell me if Muriel Boucher Zazoui is still coaching in Lyon, or has retired now and Olivier Schoenfelder has taken over as head coach?