Marchei and Hotarek Split | Golden Skate

Marchei and Hotarek Split

pearly

Record Breaker
Ok guys... the season has started, which means the crappy off season we've had should have ended!

Google translate:

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" wrote Eleanor Roosevelt.
Now even those who do not know me know how much I am a dreamer, how much I like to believe in the magic of new challenges, but also and especially how much I love to fly on ice.
In the last three years with Ondrej Hotarek I had the chance to experience the real "high level", to live skating as I liked it, sweating but having fun. Even though they were years of hard work, they brought us particularly meaningful gratifications and made us win the affection of all of you, more and more numerous fans.
My passion for the two blades, however, has not yet died down and I still feel "hungry". Hungry for having fun.
Hunger to push me further.
Hunger to win ... But now Ondrej and I have decided to take two different paths for our near future.
I would like to chase another Olympiad and then go on to skate every day, with the usual effort, to present myself polished to the beginning of the next season.
In fact, in a year, everything could change.
In the meantime, the limelight lights will not go out and, in fact, you'll still hear about me ... Stay tuned!

At least it doesn't sound like they had a fight, at least not a public one.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I would like to chase another Olympiad and then go on to skate every day, with the usual effort, to present myself polished to the beginning of the next season.
In fact, in a year, everything could change.

More accurate translation of this bit:

"I would like to chase another Olympics, so I am continuing to skate everyday, with the intensity of always, to be ready at the beginning of next season. And next year, in fact, everything could be different."

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The next chapter ... and I thought the off-season is over!
I can understand both sides. I wish Ondrej all the best and I hope that Valentina can find a decent partner.
Aah, I really liked them! :sad4:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Just when I thought they finally blossomed as a fantastic, charismatic pair which is a true joy to watch... I am beyond gutted :sad4:

snd

On the Ice
it's like he's walking away from an almost guaranteed euro podium... bummer.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Just, what is that? Why now? I thought they wanted to skate this season at least.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
That a real shame I get it though. If you don’t want to go to Beijing then it’s best to get out now.

lyndichee

Medalist
I am gutted to hear this. I adore them and they had the best pairs FS for me in the team event at the Olympics. I hope she finds another suitable partner.

LandShark

Rinkside
OK , can my favourite pairs couples please stop splitting up! !!

So disappointing when the skaters that bring the fun, drama, charisma, innovation and human connection disappear off the scene.

I wish this couple all the best for their respective futures also.

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Aw, this was one of my favorite pairs couples! It's a shame they won't be together any longer :(
I wish them all the best for the future anyway

P.S.: Does this mean Vale will go back to singles? Or will she look for another partner?

SimplyLex

On the Ice
Considering Ondrej's age, it's understandable. He would be 38 by the next Olympics.
It's actually pretty impressive that Valentina still wants to make another 4 years. But I love it! Showing the world that you can still be a competitive skater in your 30s.

Wishing all the best to Valentina, hope she can find a new partner and continue chasing her dreams, like Aljona did.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Unfortunately pair skating will suffer a severe drought this season. And it may continue further depending on the status of the remaining pairs currently in hiatus. :sad21:

andromache

Record Breaker
This is actually devastating. I think Valentina might have to find a partner outside of Italy.