Marchei and Hotarek Split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Marchei and Hotarek Split

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Great. So another Pairs team I cheered for has split. Just great... It's going to be tough for me this season. Well, at least till Sui/Han comeback.

All the best to both Vale and Ondrej!

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
:eeking::sad21::cry::no::sad4::curse::sad14::bang:

I wish they could've stuck it out together for at least one more season.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thought this had been known since Worlds. Like, it was obvious to me from the way they were during the competition and the gala that it was their swansong.

Still sad to hear it being confirmed, as I really liked them.

But delighted to hear that The Lovely Miss Marchei (as I always refer to her) is carrying on.

Over the past few seasons, Vale has developed into a very talented Pairs skater. But, my dream is still to see her back in Singles.

Please...

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
I too thought the off-season was over...

I can understand them both, and wish them both the best of luck and good fortune going forward - going to miss them terribly, though. I hope Valentina can find a good partner, so that she can continue to perform and entertain us.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was not a fan of their programs, but I certainly respect Valentina for her persistence and ambition. I'm sure she will find someone (Bilodeau? Not my cup of tea, but I could see them together).

Persimmons

Rinkside
Oh this makes me so sad. I really enjoyed them together. This year will be rather strange for pairs... hopefully everyone gets it together eventually for the next quad.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I wonder if this means Anna Cappalinni is also retiring.

I thought it was semi-official they were both looking to retire.
I am very happy Valentina wants to continue though.

rugbyfan

On the Ice
No No No. I am fed up with all the splits. I think pretty much every team I have been getting into has split, retired or taken a break from the GP this season. Seriously, which pairs and dance should I be looking out for as exciting. I have just been reading in the Canadian thread about how the Canadian ones seem weak, but almost everywhere does. I loved this team.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Sad but they did have three perfect performances at the Olympics :). Plus Ondrej and Anna probably wants to spend more time together/ are thinking about starting a family. Valentina got even better after switching to pairs, so I hope she can find a partner that can match her level of charisma. Otherwise, a solo career is also possible. Carolina and Valentina represent!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm not really surprised but I wish them well. Valentina is one determined lady. There is Bilodeau, Tran - hey Canada could rebuild lol. I think Klimov is done. I still think had Valentina and Ondrej stayed together they had a shot a world medal with all the splits, injuries and all. But ironically this bares well for the French and a world and Euro medal.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
I wonder if this means Anna Cappalinni is also retiring.

I actually had thought that everyone knew she was? I think I remember that it was announced before Milan that that would be their last competition?
If I remember correctly they said that in the ice talk interview Anna and luca did.

I wish Valentina all the best - sad to see them go as they had been such a fun pair. But I'm sure she can find someone with the masses of pairs splitting lately.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
No words. :( They were one of the most fun pairs out there. :( Wishing them the best. Fingers especially crossed for Valentina, I hope she finds a great partner who can match her fire and charisma. :pray:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I had been assuming they were retiring after they didn’t do the Grand Prix. It doesn’t surprise me that he’s ready to pack it in, especially with Anna also retiring.

If Valentina wants to keep going, I hope she finds somebody else who works as well with her as he did.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
It's so sad, i wanted to see them on an european podium so much, but at now it's also understandable.

We better wish the best luck for Vale :cheer2: