Marchei and Hotarek Split | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Marchei and Hotarek Split

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Valentina is full of surprises (in a really good way). I expected both M/H and C/L to retire as both couples made remarks and comments about that in earlier interviews (before Worlds). So, perhaps just like Aljona she suddenly realised she doesn't want to stop just yet, although she had originally gone along with it. I hope she finds another partner, one with whom she shares the the same chemistry on the ice (I admit to liking Valentina's and Ondrej's very much) because I liked her better as a 'pairs girl' than as a singles skater. As if the whole notion of doing something together increased the joy of skating for her, and - boy - wasn't Ondrej enjoying it too. Good to note to that it seems there was an amicable parting of the ways. we've all seen some pretty nasty ones happening too. This looks much better. Good luck in finding a new partner, and I hope Ondrej gets to achieve his new goals too.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
In a pair the male partner is very important. I thought she was lucky enough to find a good partner considering she was not in the pair business at all. Now she probably needs to look for someone without an Italian citizenship,and there is an issue whose country the pair would represent...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is pairs figure skating getting disbanded?

You would think so with all the splits that are happening this summer! :laugh: :rolleye:

Nah, it's normal for there to be lots of partnership changes / retirements happening at the transition from one Olympic Cycle to the next. It's just that for some reason there are more happening this time than there normally are.

CaroLiza_fan

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I would have preferred to see this pair at shows, now what can Hotarek still do in shows without a partner (perhaps only those TV shows i don't watch like Skating with a star or whatever their name are)? They were fun as a pair and i will miss their partnership on the ice.

icedance

On the Ice
So this basically confirms C/L's retirement too, right? Boo :(

Anna and Luca haven’t announced their retirement yet. But I wouldn’t be surprise if they were finished their competitive career. Luca has a child and a fiancée. She’s planning the wedding as I see on Instagram. And I’d be happy for those Hotarek babies :love:

Tutto

Record Breaker
I am heartbroken not to see Ondrej again he is just gorgeous ...sigh..
Kudos to Valentina! maybe it will be easier for her to switch back to singles?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Maybe we will see a Ma(rchei) Ma(ssot) Pair at the next Olympic Games.😀

No way. There are two options for Bruno. Aljona or retire.

This summer changed everything in pairs.

Duhamel/Radford retired
Yu/Zhang probably split
Seguin/Bilodeau split
Stolbova/Klimov split/retired
Marchei/Hotarek split/retired
Duskova/Bidar split

Sui/Han skipped GPs
Savchenko/Massot break maybe retired

Some girls seem to be inspired by Aljona. They see what it possible with hard work and when things develop in your direction.

James/Cipres, Tarasova/Morozov will collect some medals. Knierims and Moore-Towers/Mariano will try their best.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Duhamel/Radford retired
Yu/Zhang probably split
Seguin/Bilodeau split
Stolbova/Klimov split/retired
Marchei/Hotarek split/retired
Duskova/Bidar split

Sui/Han skipped GPs
Savchenko/Massot break maybe retired

Adding more to your list: Castelli/Tran split, Iliuschechkina/Moscovitch retired, Astakhova/Rogonov split.

What was that about Yu/Zhang? I haven't heard.

Among the medal hopefuls, don't forget Zabiiako/Enbert, Denney/Frazier, Peng/Jin, and Della Monica/Guarise.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Adding more to your list: Castelli/Tran split, Iliuschechkina/Moscovitch retired, Astakhova/Rogonov split.

What was that about Yu/Zhang? I haven't heard.

Among the medal hopefuls, don't forget Zabiiako/Enbert, Denney/Frazier, Peng/Jin, and Della Monica/Guarise.

How about Marchei/Tran :D

But I think he has a new partner, right?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Adding more to your list: Castelli/Tran split.
I thought she was doing very well with her previous partner...but then decided to team up with her good friend. Hope pairs try to stick with each other longer or do more thinking before they switch. Most middle career pairs go downhill when they switch partners.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
@ lester - I have no idea. Maybe one of the US posters knows?

I thought she was doing very well with her previous partner...but then decided to team up with her good friend.

Castelli/Shnapir? I thought they had lots of potential too, but people said they disliked each other, so I understand why they'd split if that was the case. The cabin fever of a pair partnership doesn't help either when personalities are vastly different and clash all the time.
That said, I'm glad Valentina and Ondrej's split seems to be an amicable one.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
@ lester - I have no idea. Maybe one of the US posters knows?

Castelli/Shnapir? I thought they had lots of potential too, but people said they disliked each other, so I understand why they'd split if that was the case. The cabin fever of a pair partnership doesn't help either when personalities are vastly different and clash all the time.
That said, I'm glad Valentina and Ondrej's split seems to be an amicable one.

I heard that C/S argued a lot, although she said in one magazine article that she didn't dislike him.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
But but...who will lift Swanyu if Ondrej retires?

:sad4::sad4::sad4:

Seriously though, this one hurts. They were one of the most entertaining Pairs performing during the Olympics gala and had TONS of personality. I liked Valentina as a Single skater and easily brought that athleticism and personality to the Pairs discipline. Hoping her lots of luck on finding a good partner. It might be hard because Ondrej is built like a mack truck and can really throw her in the air.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:tantrum: :gaah:

The thing is, as a pair, Valentina and Ondrej were Pure Enjoyment. Pure Fun. Pure charisma. Plus, they could land the jumps! A great match-up. That personality match is going to be difficult to replicate. But I dearly hope Valentina can find a new partner. She said after the Olympics that switching to pairs was the best decision she'd ever made.