Shoutout to Ted Barton for the ISU Junior YT channel | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shoutout to Ted Barton for the ISU Junior YT channel

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Let me add my love for the jgp stream and of course Ted! Huge thanks and kudos!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm on the thankful bandwagon as well. These coverages are really well-done, and I like how sensitive and encouraging the commentary is, as opposed to some others. I wish this existed for the senior events as well!

One thing I'd like to see included, is that I would like to hear which jump a skater is doing right when s/he performs it, rather than just in slow-mo. Some might ask why I don't learn to tell them apart, but the truth is, I enjoy focusing on the performance, and analyzing edges and such would take a part of my ignorant joy away. :]

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Thank you so much Ted, you already have given the sport so much and yet selfishly I hope you are able to keep on for a long time! :luv17:

Also thrilled to hear Ted is doing the commentary for the ACI next week (is he the one who got the ISU to change its mind over geo-blocking the stream?). As long as he accidentally doesn't end up in Mississauga he'll be a wonderful addition to the event ;)

This is the greatest news of all. It's a shame about Salt Lake.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Ted is our hero! I am so happy to be able to watch the Junior GP both live and after the fact on YouTube - such a great resource! And his commentary is supportive, insightful, and on-point.

By the way, back in Kaunas at least, Ted told people they could email him to say where they're watching from, and to send feedback. He read some emails aloud, which was fun. Anyways, I'm sure he'd love to see some of these great comments, so maybe you guys want to email him: [email protected]

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm on the thankful bandwagon as well. These coverages are really well-done, and I like how sensitive and encouraging the commentary is, as opposed to some others. I wish this existed for the senior events as well!

One thing I'd like to see included, is that I would like to hear which jump a skater is doing right when s/he performs it, rather than just in slow-mo. Some might ask why I don't learn to tell them apart, but the truth is, I enjoy focusing on the performance, and analyzing edges and such would take a part of my ignorant joy away. :]

Ted avoids talking on purpose. He's said before he just likes to watch and take it in and let people watching take it in as well, and only recap after the skate is finished.

Maybe a ticker like they have on NBC...?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
He really is a hero! Great coverage, awesome and positive commentary and wonderful knowledge of skating. The skater could be falling on single jumps and not manage to complete one spin in a program, but Ted would still have positive things to say. He's awesome! :agree:

He made mention of some great complimentary emails and 'some forums' (or something on that order) about the youtube channel and all today during the stream for the JGP pairs short in Richmond. Didn't specifically mention this site or thread, but he said thanks and that he wanted to make one thing clear: that he has a great team he works with to make the ISU JGP youtube/twitter/etc possible. He specifically mentioned the two camera operators, the executive producer....and someone else who I have forgotten, sorry!

I just thought it was so sweet and awesome that he doesn't even want to take full credit, but wants to highlight the hard work of others instead. Also, shout out to all of them too; all the ISU JGP stuff has been really top notch. They're the first FS competitions besides the Olympics that I have ever watched and it has been great!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Love Ted but the YT channel has been, let's say, hit or miss the entire JGP season so far. It just collapsed completely for the entire last flight of the Pairs SP.

Shandy

On the Ice
Love Ted but the YT channel has been, let's say, hit or miss the entire JGP season so far. It just collapsed completely for the entire last flight of the Pairs SP.

I wonder if that's due to local bandwidth issues, or some sort of equipment malfunction. Some of the events seem to be more prone to glitching than others.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder if that's due to local bandwidth issues, or some sort of equipment malfunction. Some of the events seem to be more prone to glitching than others.

Yes, there wouldn't be anything much that Ted and his team could do about the local infrastructure, unfortunately.

laiyamanika

On the Ice
I would just like to thank Ted Barton for his amazing contribution to the FS world
I only watched senior competitions before but because of his amazing channel, I get to watch some of the promising junior talents

Now I equally love watching junior and senior competitions!

Thank you so much Mr. Barton!

Weathergal

Medalist
Ted is our hero! I am so happy to be able to watch the Junior GP both live and after the fact on YouTube - such a great resource! And his commentary is supportive, insightful, and on-point.

By the way, back in Kaunas at least, Ted told people they could email him to say where they're watching from, and to send feedback. He read some emails aloud, which was fun. Anyways, I'm sure he'd love to see some of these great comments, so maybe you guys want to email him: [email protected]

The commentators during part of Canadian Nationals (at least the part I could see in the U.S.) did that, too. I believe he was commentating then.

Weathergal

Medalist
I know that some people in the skating world do read message boards, including this one, so Ted may see the kind words here. But if you really want to show your appreciation, I'll bet it would mean the world to Ted (and his crew) if you emailed him and told him that directly. ([email protected]) Also consider sending your feedback to the ISU as well. I know it seems like they don't listen to fans (or skaters or coaches), and they don't appear to be too interested in consensus building. But...I still think it's worthwhile to tell them (and tell them again!) what improvements you want to see. The sport we love depends on us to keep pushing it forward.

MalAssada

Medalist
Just sent him an awfully long email thanking him. I mentioned how difficult it is to watch FS in Brazil, since a channel does own the rights but doesn't broadcast.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Also: Pets watching Skating. Ted seemed to love those pictures so if you can con your pet into watching some skating and get a photo send it to him.

My GSD hated all music and tv so no way would that have happened but new (old) dog Bella might get conned into it before the JGPF. I think I might put a hat on her. She seems okay with being dressed up.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Slightly OT, but his commentary for the Autumn Classic is just wonderful as well. Eva Dogg S, the first up in the women's FS, just had a particularly rough skate. His message to her afterwards was so sweet and full of encouragement. I would love if all fs events were hosted by him! :agree:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Wow, Ted even served as camera-man for Autumn Classic practice today (not to mention giving commentary for the competition).

As if his plate were not already overflowing with responsibilities. This man's incredible dedication knows no bounds. Thank you, Ted. :bow: :thank:

the funniest and most adorable part about comments for me was when he kep saying "briefing first, i watch him/her on JGP... " :biggrin: many said this already but we can not thank him enough for what he is doing :luv17: