Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A plea to Michelle Kwan

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Scott Hamilton should do a tribute show. He’s very rich.
    Just because he is rich doesn't mean he should. He has an annual show and they just announced the cast:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...iends-ice-show

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    Sasha is divorced? Didn’t she just get married?
    Yes unfortunately it didn't work for them no details emerged

I would kill to see Sasha skating again even without jumps!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    If you follow Michelle on Instagram or Twitter, she occasionally posts clips of herself skating. There was an earlier post where she said she had a goal to be able to land her triples again, but just as a personal challenge.
    I think I've seen Michelle landing nice triple toe loop on her instagram last year, but that's it. We neither know her success rate, and whether she feels truly comfortable with it. I'd love to see Michelle Kwan skating again some exhibitions

On the Ice

5 Not allowed!
    That change edge spiral is a thing of beauty, one we don't see very often these days (if at all). Yeah, c'mon back Michelle!

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Please skate again in a show. And ask Sasha and Yuna and many people you like to join you. The busy programs of the young teens like Alina make me dizzy. I want long spiral combos back. And a great skating show. I’ll bet Sasha also returned to ice for comfort after her divorce.

I just want to see skaters who really understand the beauty is in the gliding not just jumps. Michelle I bet can do a triple toe and the rest doubles. I just want to see her and Sasha and others really skate again. There really needs to be a tribute to skating and Nancy Kerrigan and her husband could maybe pull this off. Who wants to see these ladies and their skating style again once more?
    i agree with your comments about dizzy modern programs. As technically impressive as modern transitions may be, the performance suffers by the extraneous movement for the sake of movement. Sasha’s programs were so compelling in part because there were moments of silence and long still build ups to jumps that were then perfectly timed to the music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2