Pogorilaya starts comeback this fall | Golden Skate

Pogorilaya starts comeback this fall

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She plans on starting her season by competing in events of the national Russian Cup series this fall and then a Challenger Series event before Russian Nationals in December.
“I recovered,” stated the skater. “That means that I can skate and the doctors told me I have enough reserves. I didn’t put pressure on myself that I have to retire or anything. The most important thing is not to look at the others and to follow my own plan.”

More...

Here is wishing her much happiness and success this season! Stay healthy! :pray:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am a huge supporter of Anna Pogorilaya and I hope she finds her happy place on the ice and skates with joy this season. Good health and the best life to Anna.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Good luck to her! There probably won't be more than 3-4 spots available via Cup of Russia etaps but if she's consistent she could probably do it. Main COR etap contenders for nationals are Gubanova, Gulyakova, Sakhanovich, etc.

Also she could end up with the Rostelecom host spot technically. I guess she'd be competing with Gubanova and Samodurova for it.

Alifyre

On the Ice
So excited she’s planning on a comeback! I’ve missed her passionate presence on the ice, and I’m so glad she’s returned to health. Good luck Anna!!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thanks so much for this interview. It's lovely that she's planning a come-back, and doing it her own way. Good luck to her!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thank you Goldenskate for that very informative article which answers many questions that Anna Fans have asked themselves over the last year. I'm looking forward to see Anna competing. And I'm very happy that she seems to know exactly what she wants in life, no matter what anyone else has to say about it. (Retiring, her coaching situation, marriage) She's a great one and I'm glad we have at least a few chances to see her again.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wonderful to see her bouncing back! I hope she's able to get more spring in her jumps and to re-learn how to fall if she ever does, because her jumps when landed are actually quite pleasing. I think that Frida is a great choice for her (she has a naturally intense expression) and the music will rekindle her spirit which it seems it has.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the article GS. I’ve missed her, great to hear she’s healthy, happy, and motivated!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy to read this good news about Queen Anna. Finally, an update on what she has been up to and her hopes for the future! I love her passion, presence on the ice, and her powerful performances. The last time I saw her live was at Sk Can last year, and I want to erase that memory forever with some wonderful performances from her this season! Frida has some awesome music, and I can't wait to see what song(s) she uses for her program.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I was already happy for Anna, for having found the love of her life. Even if she does not skate competitively, I am fine. But now she decides to continue skating, it's even better. Maybe after feeling secure in her personal life, she can take on more risks in her career.

Watch

Final Flight
Would be great if she got the host spot at Rostelecom. Not sure how realistic that is, but I'd love to see her there.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So glad to hear she can skate. A new husband and new vigor. It will be a challenge though with such talented Russian ladies but I do l ike she always has skated like a lady. There isonespot this year realistically after Evgenia and Alina. What a battle. I hope Anna canbe counted in the group of contenders but I fear right now she is a few tiers back.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I really love Anna, so it is good to hear how things are progressing for her.

Of course, I am a bit worried that she is still working with Anna Tsareva. I have made no secret of the fact that I put the blame for Anna's back problems squarely with Tsareva. If she had sorted out Anna's falling technique early on in her skating career, Anna wouldn't have ended up in the situation she did.

But, at the same time, you have to take your hat off to Anna for staying loyal to the coach that she has been working with pretty much all of her career. After all, it was Tsareva that was able to take a 6 year old little girl and make her one of the best skaters in the world.

If you change coach, you don't know what you are going to get from them, and where they will take you. And reading the interview, Anna knows exactly where she wants to go in her life. So, in this respect, perhaps it was better for her to stick with what she knows.

I am happy to hear Anna talking about her marriage as well, and it is reassuring to hear her views on getting married at a young age.

And I love hearing about how much Andrey has been supporting her through this past year. Although I am obviously extremely jealous of him, he sounds like one of the good guys. So, I am happy that Anna has found him and married him.

I just love Anna, and want everything to work out in her life.

CaroLiza_fan