2018-19 Canadian Ladies' figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian Ladies' figure skating

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Now compared to the Russian juniors or the Japanese or Alysa this would not be so good but but still five triples at juniors is good.

Yup, and Kaetlyn finished 10th at World Juniors prior to surpassing her competitors in the seniors ranks and becoming the current World Champion. Being 16 and done, ain't that fun.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Hannah usually does a 2A+3T for her second jumping pass so she likely was going for six triples. Anyway, fully rotating all five different triples is promising and is a good base to build on in juniors.

Keep in mind also that many of the juniors who competed on the JGP are competing in seniors nationally. These ladies include:

Emily Bausback
Sarah-Maude Blanchard
Aurora Cotop
Alison Schumacher

Ones to watch out for in this afternoon's event. Aurora has some of the best skating skills and refinement of the CAN junior ladies while Alison does plan for 7 triples in the FP. Have a look at their performances at Skate Canada Challenge, where they were 2nd in the SP and 1st in the FP, respectively:

Aurora's SP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y6vlj?start=3060
Alison's FP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y896e?start=13382

Aurora has come sooo far in just months. Thanks Ravi and co., what a transformation!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Calm, Consistent and CLEAN! I thought Gabby did really well, hesitant perhaps, but I think the best approach to boost her confidence going into the free skate and the rest of the season! So proud of her for battling on through everything she is dealing with!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought Gabby did really well, especially for her first time this season and would put her first anyway but 6 points better the Larkyn? Hmmm idk about that. I was impressed with the coverage her jumps got and they just seemed a bit crisper then Gabby. But both can be proud of what they put out today and I hope they both bring it in the free!

Larkyn only did 3Lo-2T and 3S, vs 3T-3T and 3Lz for Gabby.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabby is a World bronze medalist, while Larkyn failed to make the cut for the FS at both PY and Worlds. Gabby was injured at PY, but she recovered enough to finish 7th at Worlds 2018.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yup, and Kaetlyn finished 10th at World Juniors prior to surpassing her competitors in the seniors ranks and becoming the current World Champion. Being 16 and done, ain't that fun.

This is just one of the reasons I have loved Kaetlyn for so long. No quit in that girl. The fact that she's beautiful and sweet are just bonuses.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
From Gabby's Instagram:

My first competition in 4 months, my story has been getting out there and I can’t thank you guys enough for all the love and support! This fall was extremely hard and painful, went from training on and off the ice everyday to doing absolutely nothing but focus on my anxiety depression and eating disorder and on top of everything I had a concussion which made things even more difficult then they already were! 4 months I was off for and 3 weeks ago I came back on the ice. Not only was I terrified to get back on the ice but to compete as well. This weekend was super tough and I was on a huge roller coaster. Yesterday was good but today wasn’t and it’s honestly a horrible feeling. At the end of the day I’m so proud that I was able to get out on the ice even though I’m not 100% ready. I’m still struggling, but I’m ready to get back to work and focus on getting myself healthy again! You guys are truly amazing love u all.

Respect.