Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 2018-19 Canadian Ladies' figure skating

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Now compared to the Russian juniors or the Japanese or Alysa this would not be so good but but still five triples at juniors is good.
    Yup, and Kaetlyn finished 10th at World Juniors prior to surpassing her competitors in the seniors ranks and becoming the current World Champion. Being 16 and done, ain't that fun.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    Hannah usually does a 2A+3T for her second jumping pass so she likely was going for six triples. Anyway, fully rotating all five different triples is promising and is a good base to build on in juniors.

Keep in mind also that many of the juniors who competed on the JGP are competing in seniors nationally. These ladies include:

Emily Bausback
    Sarah-Maude Blanchard
    Aurora Cotop
    Alison Schumacher

Ones to watch out for in this afternoon's event. Aurora has some of the best skating skills and refinement of the CAN junior ladies while Alison does plan for 7 triples in the FP. Have a look at their performances at Skate Canada Challenge, where they were 2nd in the SP and 1st in the FP, respectively:

Aurora's SP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y6vlj?start=3060
    Alison's FP: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6y896e?start=13382
    Aurora has come sooo far in just months. Thanks Ravi and co., what a transformation!

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    Calm, Consistent and CLEAN! I thought Gabby did really well, hesitant perhaps, but I think the best approach to boost her confidence going into the free skate and the rest of the season! So proud of her for battling on through everything she is dealing with!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by evasorange View Post
    I thought Gabby did really well, especially for her first time this season and would put her first anyway but 6 points better the Larkyn? Hmmm idk about that. I was impressed with the coverage her jumps got and they just seemed a bit crisper then Gabby. But both can be proud of what they put out today and I hope they both bring it in the free!
    Larkyn only did 3Lo-2T and 3S, vs 3T-3T and 3Lz for Gabby.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Gabby is a World bronze medalist, while Larkyn failed to make the cut for the FS at both PY and Worlds. Gabby was injured at PY, but she recovered enough to finish 7th at Worlds 2018.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    True...I guess I just didn’t expect to see Larkyn come out looking so strong and polished! Very curious to see how she does tomorrow

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    But she did everything exquisitely and received a PB at nationals for quality. Not bad.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmond4gold View Post
    Yup, and Kaetlyn finished 10th at World Juniors prior to surpassing her competitors in the seniors ranks and becoming the current World Champion. Being 16 and done, ain't that fun.
    This is just one of the reasons I have loved Kaetlyn for so long. No quit in that girl. The fact that she's beautiful and sweet are just bonuses.

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Glad to see the Canadian Ladies deliver today, there was only one major mistake out of the entire Top 6. And pretty much a 4-way battle for that bronze medal, 3-6 separated by less than 2 points. For those that missed it:

1. Gabrielle Daleman
    2. Larkyn Austman
    3. Véronik Mallet
    4. Alison Schumacher
    5. Alaine Chartrand
    6. Aurora Cotop

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
    From Gabby's Instagram:

My first competition in 4 months, my story has been getting out there and I can’t thank you guys enough for all the love and support! This fall was extremely hard and painful, went from training on and off the ice everyday to doing absolutely nothing but focus on my anxiety depression and eating disorder and on top of everything I had a concussion which made things even more difficult then they already were! 4 months I was off for and 3 weeks ago I came back on the ice. Not only was I terrified to get back on the ice but to compete as well. This weekend was super tough and I was on a huge roller coaster. Yesterday was good but today wasn’t and it’s honestly a horrible feeling. At the end of the day I’m so proud that I was able to get out on the ice even though I’m not 100% ready. I’m still struggling, but I’m ready to get back to work and focus on getting myself healthy again! You guys are truly amazing love u all.
    Respect.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Interactive №9 - Natalie D’ALESSANDRO (14): Where to go? (01/2019)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxRC2pPDOY

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7