Weaver and Poje: Dancing With their Hearts | Golden Skate

Weaver and Poje: Dancing With their Hearts

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An article by Beverly Smith :)

For now, we will only get Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje for a whisp of a moment in the competitive world when they set foot at Autumn Classic in Oakville, Ont.. this week.

More...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so here it is revealed which version they are using.. it's a skater friendlier version for sure but the group singing removes from the emotional overload produced when only one individual is singing it...the changes in the tessitura really creates something magical with one singer.. this is lost here... but still... i am sure i will be crying like a baby...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
W/P is the team I'm probably most excited for to watch live, for the first time, in the coming days. I have high expectations of their tango, as it is a genre that they have shown great strength in, and it is going to be an honour to witness their tribute to Denis Ten.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
W/P is the team I'm probably most excited for to watch live, for the first time, in the coming days. I have high expectations of their tango, as it is a genre that they have shown great strength in, and it is going to be an honour to witness their tribute to Denis Ten.

i had the joy of seeing them a few times already... they are mesmerizing.. nobody uses the ice like they do. They really know how to communicate emotion. I met them last year at ACI... i nearly fainted when I met Andrew ;)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Weaver and Poje are my favorite Ice Dance couple.
They have a special chemistry on the ice that I find enjoyable to watch at any time and no matter how they place. :luv17:

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
so here it is revealed which version they are using.. it's a skater friendlier version for sure but the group singing removes from the emotional overload produced when only one individual is singing it...the changes in the tessitura really creates something magical with one singer.. this is lost here... but still... i am sure i will be crying like a baby...
Not my favorite version either, but it's way better than the Kazakh one Denis used. At least the French lyrics are comprehensible.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
^^ somewhat comprehensible ... LOL ... French is so hard to sing when it's not your mother tongue

yuna13

On the Ice
Part of me wanted them to use gregory lemarchal version, even if it would've be painful.
Gregory voice is beautiful and also the song, all the lyrics = his life. He was sick (mucovicidose), he didn't want to get the surgery cause he was afraid to lose his voice and then the surgery was no longer a choice, he had to do it.He was waiting for a transplant when he died.
He died 3 years after he sang that song live on french tv.

For those who like the song here gregory performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGb0Sb5lvu4

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
right now, the archives has the full event on

if you want to watch Weapo only it is at 1:10:00

i have watched it a second time now.. it's even better... after the initial emotion, there are so many details fitting the lyrics i just now noticed...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I was left speechless for a bit of time after seeing W/P's free dance today. As I mentioned in the competition thread, their RD was spellbinding. However, I don't think I have felt such raw emotions from watching a program in quite a while, as I did today with their FD. I haven't watched the archived video yet(a bit too soon for me) but I suspect that the full impact of this dance especially can only be felt as a member of the audience.

Camerlango and W/P created something very special. They incorporated beautiful mirroring choreography in their one foot step sequence. The straight line lift was ethreal, as if Kaitlyn was looking up to the heavens. Great flow in the diagonal step sequence. Twizzles were somewhat slow but well synchronized and they seemed more confident doing them. I liked the sense of unity they created with their hands intertwined in the spin. Seamless choreographic elements and a fitting statuesque closing lift. The audience in the arena gave them a standing ovation and I think quite a few of us were deeply touched.

I felt privileged to get a chance to see them skate live for the first time and I'm glad that they will present these two beautiful dances to many more when they go on the Thank You Canada Tour. Overall, they looked very strong and seemed to have a renewed sense of purpose.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was left speechless for a bit of time after seeing W/P's free dance today. As I mentioned in the competition thread, their RD was spellbinding. However, I don't think I have felt such raw emotions from watching a program in quite a while, as I did today with their FD. I haven't watched the archived video yet(a bit too soon for me) but I suspect that the full impact of this dance especially can only be felt as a member of the audience.

Camerlango and W/P created something very special. They incorporated beautiful mirroring choreography in their one foot step sequence. The straight line lift was ethreal, as if Kaitlyn was looking up to the heavens. Great flow in the diagonal step sequence. Twizzles were somewhat slow but well synchronized and they seemed more confident doing them. I liked the sense of unity they created with their hands intertwined in the spin. Seamless choreographic elements and a fitting statuesque closing lift. The audience in the arena gave them a standing ovation and I think quite a few of us were deeply touched.

I felt privileged to get a chance to see them skate live for the first time and I'm glad that they will present these two beautiful dances to many more when they go on the Thank You Canada Tour. Overall, they looked very strong and seemed to have a renewed sense of purpose.

for having seen them live... i can imagine how it would be at the rink.. but damn it... now i am considering a road trip to quebec city just to see them skate

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
for having seen them live... i can imagine how it would be at the rink.. but damn it... now i am considering a road trip to quebec city just to see them skate

I say do it. Even their RD is worth it for the drive but for their FD especially; I don't think you will leave with dry eyes though ;)