Petr Gumennik | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Petr Gumennik

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Congrats to Petr for his bronze today (half a point to silver, but that's life :) ). :clap:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
What could have been if he didn't mess up the 3A in the short!!! :palmf: and IMO he gets always terribly short changed on PCS which is a mystery to me. Anyway it's a great comeback, so proud of him! поздравляю Petya!!! :cheer:

lyrichord

Rinkside
What could have been if he didn't mess up the 3A in the short!!! :palmf: and IMO he gets always terribly short changed on PCS which is a mystery to me. Anyway it's a great comeback, so proud of him! поздравляю Petya!!! :cheer:

Soooo happy to see Petr with a medal!:yahoo: Great comeback from 9th in the short, and vengeance for last year’s heartbreaking FS at junior worlds. He seemed like the happiest guy on that podium too, smiling and singing the anthem. Too bad about that last flip or it could have been silver. Or if he’d been scored better on PCS. I too cannot understand how Kagiyama with serious mistakes and Mozalev are scored so much ahead of him in PCS. The only thing I can think of is that he doesn’t appear to be quite as fast and the judges as usual nonsensically score all PCS to be the same regardless of category, even though Petr has amazing musicality and investment into the performance. And not skating in the last group hurt today, I guess. Plus I always worry that he isn’t in as politically strong a position as other Russians with more powerful coaches/skating clubs. Maybe with more consistency the federation will be more supportive, although he coped more than respectably with such a huge growth spurt, injuries, and learning new quads. Looking forward to seeing him in seniors next season!

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm happy for Petr.. I think he is one of the few that we can say that the jumps are safe of grown ... he just prove it ... his jumps aren't scary in the air..

Arbitrary

Medalist
There is some interesting information about Peter plans.
He scored, rather fairly, very high scores for his high school diploma and is planning to study medicine.
But decided to continue to skate for few more years and go to a university only after.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pyotr in a fancam recording from the Rostelelom gala:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
It was so lovely to see his Csárdás again, one of my favourite programs from him :love2: I guess he has outgrown the gorgeous original costume, though? 😊

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing Petr (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

the stream broke, so here is part 2:

The interpreter takes up too much time, unfortunately.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
St. Petersburg test skates

a57e81ea2b8806185bd2688e17b06bde612c9c4a9627e025236497.jpg

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I'm so happy with Petr's victory! Ahead of two other very promising young Russian skaters, Mark Kondratiuk and Andrei Mozalev.
I hope his back injury is completely healed.
Having won a trophy from Challenger Series, could he be considered to replace Daniil Samsonov who had to withdraw from NHK? For Daniil this withdrawal makes sense because he had to withdraw from Skate America and this barred him from GPF, better for him to heal quietly, but Petr had only one slot (Gran Premio d'Italia) and a second slot would mean everything for him (apart from jetlags and tiredness).

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Unfortunately the Japanese Fed doesn't plan to invite substitutes

Petr got a very high SB! Should be enough to get two GPs next year.

Thank you! They had a surge in corona cases with Olympics so I can understand them but I'm sorry for him. Now I hope he can get another spot at France or Russia GP but of there must be other candidates on the waiting list.