2018-2019 State of European Pairs | Golden Skate

2018-2019 State of European Pairs

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
With the typical post-Olympic retirements and more or less expected splits, there will be a lot of opportunities for veteran and newly ascended to seniors European pairs to fight for the medals or Top 5. In the current scenario, without Savchenko & Massot, Stolbova & Klimov, Marchei & Hotarek or Astakhova & Rogonov, the obvious European leaders are Tarasova and Morozov together with James and Cipres and, assuming clean skate, I think the fight for the gold at the Europeans will be between these two. The couples that can enter the fight either for medals or Top 10 are the following:

Nicole Della Monica & Mateo Guarise (ITA)
Natalia Zabiiako & Alexander Enbert (RUS)
Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitri Kozlovskii (RUS)
Alisa Efimova & Alexander Korovin (RUS)
Daria Pavliuvchenko & Denis Khodykin (RUS) - We will see the last three pairs on the GP circuit and they will probably fight for Russia's third spot at the Europeans
Miriam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer (AUT)
Annika Hocke & Ruben Blommaert (GER)
Minerva Fabienne Hase & Nolan Seegert (GER)

Please, share your ideas and comment on any other promising young couples or the veterans I have omitted.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'd add in Daria Pavliuchenko / Denis Khodykin
I think they and B/K will be fighting for the last spot to Euros/Worlds

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks for the suggestion. Already edited the post.

Well out of all the splits/retirements and such come sgreat opportunity. Really good chance for James and Cipres now. They don't have anyone challenging them so they perhaps benefit the most. But it will be interesting to see if a new Russian team makes a move or another team for that matter. The window of opportunity is upon them.

hanca

Record Breaker
I would add there Mishina/Galliamov. They are currently doing very well at the junior level and the chance is that if they beat Boikova/Kozlovski and Pavliuschenko/Khodykhin at the nationals, they would be sent to Europeans. (Russian federation would go based on results from the nationals. Like last year when they sent Konstantinova to both junior worlds ans senior worlds. ) I don’t think Mishina/Galliamov are currently ready to medal at the Europeans, but they could be fourth or fifth.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
So tomorrow this season's first A-competition starts and we'll have two national fights: Tarasova/Morozov vs. Efimova/Korovin from Russia and Hocke/Blommaert vs. Hase/Seegert from Germany. While Tarasova/Morozov seem to be the clear winners in the internal battle (and supposedly Skate America's pairs competition), the competition between German teams presents more interesting and less predictable. Good luck to all the pairs in their 2018/19 GP debut.

Andrea82

Medalist
Some new teams among the Golden Spin entries

Martin Bidar will debut his partnership with Hanna Abrazhevich. They will skate for Czech Republic. She is from Belarus

Liubov Efimenko is scheduled to skate with Dmitry Epstein. They will represent Netherlands.

There is a new Italian team: Giulia Foresti/Edoardo Caputo. Last season he skated with Irma Caldara in Junior category. They will debut in Tallin

lavoix

Match Penalty
Dmitri Savin from Nina Mozer's team and his elder brother Petr Bidar.

Well the fact that they are in Mozer's team is good (in theory), hope they can reach new limits in this partnership. I don't know much about the new girl, but hope they will improve on the road to Beijing.

What a waste for Duskova/Bidar to split in such a weird way.

Nirti

Medalist
Some new teams among the Golden Spin entries

Martin Bidar will debut his partnership with Hanna Abrazhevich. They will skate for Czech Republic. She is from Belarus

Liubov Efimenko is scheduled to skate with Dmitry Epstein. They will represent Netherlands.

Both are not on the entries list anymore :(

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So worlds was dominated by China and Russia; Russians for silver/bronze and all three pairs among the six best.

James/Cipres won Europeans, didn’t skate that well at worlds, but did a stunning free skate at world team trophy.

Della Monica/Guarise 8th at worlds.

Sad for Ziegler/Kiefer who’s coach Jean Francois Ballester died. I really like this team’s skating.
After withdrawing at Europeans they managed a tenth place at worlds (does Austria have another pair?) Good luck to them next season!

I'm sure there are others worth mentioning...

The Swedish Crafoord twins who sadly had to sit out last season due to injury are back in training.
They are now(May 2-11) participating in ISU Pair Skating Development Training Seminar in Novogorsk together with their coach Dalilah Sappenfield.

Do you recognize other pairs/coaches?