Bradie Tennell: 'I want to continue growing' | Golden Skate

Bradie Tennell: 'I want to continue growing'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2018 U.S. Champion Bradie Tennell talks about her experience at nationals and the Olympics, her long program for this season, challenges with change, and more!

https://youtu.be/ltLxTIjmowQ

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Last edited:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She is a fierce competitor, good head, very focused and she works hard. I wish her the best this season which has already started well for her! [emoji122]
Thanks for the interview!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Bradie seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Nice interview GS and Ted Flett.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Wonderful interview.

I believe she is a definite podium contender (at the very least) in any event she skates in this season.

And that includes Grand Prix Final and Worlds.

She has a great self-awareness and I really like that she doesn't want to read media accounts about her.

I am very excited to see what she can accomplish this season. Loved both of her programs at the Autumn Classic.

I expect her to keep getting better and better as the season progresses.

GO BRADIE!!!! :hap10:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great, thorough recap of Bradie's successful 2017-18 season, and what a great start to this season. This interview really shows how strong and focused she is mentally. No wonder she's such a "gritty" competitor. So proud of her for adding that 3Lz-3Lo.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thoroughly enjoyable interview - thank you! I really liked Bradie's attitude - so calm & collected - and her mindset of "I can only control what I do". That's so true, and with it, I'm confident she will continue to do well. Wishing her the best for the rest of the season. Good luck, Bradie.:)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think that Bradie is a young woman whose work and dedication are visible in actions rather than just words - after ACI I already see that she continues to grow her presentation and her technical capability, both programs are competition ready as her mindset. She indeed has a mature outlook on her position and place she is now in wider context and international competition, very calm, collected and logical thoughts from her. Nothing but the best for her!

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I thought she had great potential last year but has improved so much--her programs are mature and play to her strengths and her tech content is amazing. Excited for what the season holds for her!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great interview. So nice to hear Bradie’s thoughts. The US is lucky to have her. She has proven she is a champion. Wishing her the best this season!😊

tomc100

Rinkside
Even though I was rooting for Evgenia I was pleasantly surprised by her skating. She definitely worked hard for it and it paid off. She definitely deserved first place.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Just want to share my post from her Fan Fest... Bradie has room to grow and she meets challenges with resilience, fortitude. But she has the difficult stuff down and solid, a great foundation.. the interview shows her ability to sustain and benchmark her growth with uplifting attitude and spirit. She is a remarkable young woman...
My remarks from her FF...
"Bradie is just marvelous, probably one of the most driven skaters I have seen in terms of focus and determination which may be the cause of stiffness of interpretation so many have mentioned... her R&J is pure intensity reflected by the music arrangement pulled together for most dramatic effect - it is what she does best - followed by the well known, classical lyric theme that defines the story. R&J is dramatic and tragic and I got that in spades !! I would love her to leave classics behind in future do a Latin piece with a good dance rhythm coach to stretch her abilities in that direction... bet Rohene could work magic with her... don't laugh!!"

macy

Record Breaker
Great interview. She definitely has an amazing head for competition. I think this is her year, for sure

her mindset reminds me a lot of rachael flatt. she always relied on her training and had such a calm head on her shoulders; bradie is just like that.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks for the interview! :) I really enjoyed hearing more from Bradie. In interviews last year, she seemed really uncomfortable, so it was nice to see her more at ease here. I agree with the other posters - She seems very no-nonsense and very similar to Rachael Flatt. She has a very good competitive mindset.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I'm hoping she has an awesome season ahead and continues her reign as the U.S top girl :)

sheetz

Record Breaker
I'm really impressed with the poise she shows just minutes after winning her first significant international competition over Medvedeva. I agree she seems to have a good competitive mindset and I'm looking forward to seeing how she does at Japan Open against Zagitova and the others.

mrrice

Record Breaker
her mindset reminds me a lot of rachael flatt. she always relied on her training and had such a calm head on her shoulders; bradie is just like that.

That's exactly who I think of when I think of Bradie, She's kind of like a mix between Rachael and Kimmie. Good competitive mindset and strong technical abilities. Hopefully she'll follow in Kimmie's footsteps and win a World Title.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That's exactly who I think of when I think of Bradie, She's kind of like a mix between Rachael and Kimmie. Good competitive mindset and strong technical abilities. Hopefully she'll follow in Kimmie's footsteps and win a World Title.
Agree. She also is very focused on what she can do and has nerves of steel which reminds me of Michelle Kwan.