2018-19 Television Schedule | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Television Schedule

Casual

On the Ice
Yeah, the NBCSN/NBC schedule does not include Pairs Short or Free Dance - grrrr! Also no gala listed - last year we had great coverage...this year since the NBC Sports Gold has been added our tv coverage seems to suffer :(

Here's the schedule in Eastern Time:

3/20 Ladies Short 12 pm - 2 pm NBCSN
3/21 Pairs Free 1 pm - 3 pm NBCSN
3/21 Mens Short 3 pm - 5 pm NBCSN
3/22 Rhythm Dance 7 pm - 9 pm NBCSN
3/22 Ladies Free 9 pm - 11 pm NBCSN
3/23 Mens Free 1 pm - 3 pm NBCSN
3/23 Ladies and Men Free 8 pm - 10 pm NBC
4/14 Worlds Recap 3-6 pm NBC (I assume we might get some Free Dance here)

Also, in addition to above, replays on Olympic Channel will include (Eastern Time):

3/25 Pairs Short 8 pm - 10 pm Olympic Channel
3/28 Dance Free 10 pm - 12 am Olympic Channel

waterblades

On the Ice
Hopefully someone can post a live stream non geo blocked link. I’m out of the country and can’t watch the CBC stream.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hopefully someone can post a live stream non geo blocked link. I’m out of the country and can’t watch the CBC stream.

Scroll down to FujiTV - it's not showing everything, and sometimes it works/ sometimes not. I hope it will for you this time! And if you scroll to the bottom of the list, "On demand", there are suggestions for where to watch videos that are usually up right after the competitions or individual skates, which I've been thankful for when no livestream. Good luck!

https://soyouwanttowatchfs.com/post/183525936140/2019-world-championships-info-streaming

waterblades

On the Ice
Thank you jostrozy the Stream was working but they aren’t showing pairs. I’ll just have to find uploads later and watch Jackie wongss twitter feed

- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE

- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have never hated Eurosport so much as right now!!!
Due to real life, I had to sleep and work (ha!) while Pairs and Ladies SP were taking place. C'est la vie. After work, even did my citizenly duty by going to the polling station for two elections first, before settling in for some quality viewing.

I switch on the Eurosport Player, scroll down to Figure Skating in the On Demand section... and my eyes fall on a video titled (in Dutch) "[....] in the lead after SP at Worlds".
WHAT?!
WHY?!
Whatever gave those people the impression it's a good idea to share the result of a short program competition in a separate video and in its title?!

So, yeah, big big word of caution here, if it's there in the Dutch version, I'd say chances are big those smartiepants did the same with other Eurosport player versions. I guess I should've gone with my first instinct and just stayed on the earlier today page, I guess that particular video may not show up there.

I am so mad! I was so careful today to not get spoiled, and then Eurosport decided to spoil it in their video archive! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Miller

Final Flight
Due to real life, I had to sleep and work (ha!) while Pairs and Ladies SP were taking place. C'est la vie. After work, even did my citizenly duty by going to the polling station for two elections first, before settling in for some quality viewing.

I switch on the Eurosport Player, scroll down to Figure Skating in the On Demand section... and my eyes fall on a video titled (in Dutch) "[....] in the lead after SP at Worlds".
WHAT?!
WHY?!
Whatever gave those people the impression it's a good idea to share the result of a short program competition in a separate video and in its title?!

So, yeah, big big word of caution here, if it's there in the Dutch version, I'd say chances are big those smartiepants did the same with other Eurosport player versions. I guess I should've gone with my first instinct and just stayed on the earlier today page, I guess that particular video may not show up there.

I am so mad! I was so careful today to not get spoiled, and then Eurosport decided to spoil it in their video archive! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

UK Player OK. However linear channel is showing Ladies highlights right now rather than Pairs. Viewers expecting Ladies at 6 p.m. are going to be sorely disappointed. Also Men's Free livestream for Saturday is labelled Pairs Free just in case you can't find it. Just another day for Eurosport.

Also watch out anyone watching the Pairs Free highlights programme on the linear channels. Because they've very welcomely extended the Men's SP tomorrow to be the full programme, they've chopped off half an hour of the Pairs highlights before it to accommodate it, and, according to my Sky EPG the only one of the later highlights programmes that is still 1.5 hours in length is the one at 10 p.m. on E1, the others too have been cut back to one hour.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

WHAT?!
WHY?!

Do what I do when I miss an event due to work, check out the

2019 Worlds Video Thread
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?79185-2019-Worlds-Videos&p=2367870#post2367870

I have taken the pains to list the skaters in order of performance so you can catch up and relive the event in order. Sometimes it takes awhile for me to find all the videos, but there are no spoilers and often i find Eurosport links or commentary free ones.

lizardlass

On the Ice
UGH I am confused. I thought that some NBC sports type channel was going to show the ladies LP on Friday at 10AM. I even put it in my phone calendar. Now I don't know where I saw that. (I'm actually taking vacation time from work to watch the LPs, hahahaha.)

I have almost made it through the whole season without buying NBC gold, and I don't want to crack at the eleventh hour. Will I have to rely on youtube, and HOPE that the titles aren't spoilery? Because I'm not staying up until 4AM, and I don't want to wait until 6PM, either. (I'm on PST.)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, but that's not necessary for me, cuz I subscribe to Eurosport player.
Anyway, I figured out how to avoid any potential spoiler videos now. I just have to go to the archived streams via the "Earlier Today" button (or go back a day if necessary). Problem solved.

https://nos.nl/livestream/2276210-wk-kunstrijden-vrije-kur-voor-vrouwen.html is showing Ladies FS, btw. Probably geoblocked, though.

Well how nice for you. Here in the US Eurosport is geoblocked for us so this is not an option.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Pairs short will be televised this evening on the Olympic Channel. I get it from 8pm to 10pm. They will repeat all the World '19 competitions during the coming week. Check your listings.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so this isn't a TV programme. It is a radio programme.

Saskia Constantinou will be interviewing Cypriot Ladies Singles skater Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides on her CYBC radio show, "Saskia Unreserved", tomorrow (Monday 8[SUP]th[/SUP] April) at 12:30 EEST (10:30 BST; 11:30 CEST). So, 13h 30m from now.

Here are the places where you can listen to it.

CYBC4 Classic:
FM Radio on the island

TransmitterFM Frequency
Mount Olympos88.2 MHz
Paphos90.2 MHz
Vavatsinia90.2 MHz
Armenochori90.5 MHz
Dhrousha94.2 MHz
Paralimni100.9 MHz

CYBC Website:
http://cybc.com.cy/live-radio/πρωτο/
(and then click on the "RIK4 Classic" button)

Saskia Constantinou's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SaskiaUnreserved/

Saskia Constantinou's Website:
https://saskiaconstantinou.com/saskia-unreserved/

Although I don’t understand Greek, I’ll be listening in! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so this isn't a TV programme. It is a radio programme.

Saskia Constantinou will be interviewing Cypriot Ladies Singles skater Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides on her CYBC radio show, "Saskia Unreserved", tomorrow (Monday 8[SUP]th[/SUP] April) at 12:30 EEST (10:30 BST; 11:30 CEST). So, 13h 30m from now.

Here are the places where you can listen to it.

CYBC4 Classic:
FM Radio on the island

TransmitterFM Frequency
Mount Olympos88.2 MHz
Paphos90.2 MHz
Vavatsinia90.2 MHz
Armenochori90.5 MHz
Dhrousha94.2 MHz
Paralimni100.9 MHz

CYBC Website:
http://cybc.com.cy/live-radio/πρωτο/
(and then click on the "RIK4 Classic" button)

Saskia Constantinou's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SaskiaUnreserved/

Saskia Constantinou's Website:
https://saskiaconstantinou.com/saskia-unreserved/

Although I don’t understand Greek, I’ll be listening in! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

On air now.

And it is being conducted in English!!!

Watch it on Facebook - you can see them in the studio!

EDIT: Here is the link to the archived video of the interview on Saskia's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SaskiaUnreserved/videos/276516973238189/

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
On air now.

And it is being conducted in English!!!

Watch it on Facebook - you can see them in the studio!

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you for the link! :thank: I watched on Facebook, and it was a really interesting interview, in perfect English from both. I thought the interviewer, although obviously not a Skating fan, had done some research, and asked great questions. The part about changing her coach because he was sweary and only allowed her to eat 1 apple in 2 days was eye opening! And great that the interviewer said "that's a starvation diet, good that you changed coach". It's such a shame there is no Zamboni in Cyprus, and she has to train in such poor conditions with snow on the ice, but all the best to her for the future. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that Danish Ladies Singles skater (and, for one season when her brother needed a partner, Ice Dancer) Leonora Colmor Jepsen will be performing in Semi Final 2 of the Eurovision Song Contest tonight.

Semi Final 2 starts on Thursday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2019 at 22:00 EEST (19:00 GMT; 20:00 BST; 21:00 CEST). So, 9 hours from now.

Here is the link to the livestream on the Eurovision YouTube channel (I have no idea if it will be geo-blocked):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnZWPe-UaM

Leonora will be the seventh act to perform. So, if tonight's Semi goes at the same pace as Tuesday's, she will be starting her performance at around 35 minutes into the show. On Tuesday there was an advert break after country number 6, so if they do the same tonight, she will be on straight after the break ends. But, if you don't plan to watch the earlier acts, I would advise making sure to be watching from 30 minutes into the show, just to be on the safe side.

If you want to know more about Leonora, please see her Fan Fest thread:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?80248

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch LIVE tonight, because I will be at a motorbike race. But, you can rest assured that I will be taping the BBC coverage, and will watch it first thing tomorrow morning.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, LEONORA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's the day of the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest, and having finished in the Top 10 of Semi Final 2 on Thursday, Danish Ladies Singles skater Leonora Colmor Jepsen will be singing again tonight!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

The Grand Final starts on Saturday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] May 2019 at 22:00 EEST (19:00 GMT; 20:00 BST; 21:00 CEST). So, 14 hours from now.

Here is the link to the livestream on the Eurovision YouTube channel (I have no idea if it will be geo-blocked):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsx4pVjUth0

Leonora will be the sixth act to perform. But, with it being the Grand Final, the Opening is likely to be long, so I am not even going to try and guess how long into the show she will be performing. Just that she will be on within the first hour.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch LIVE tonight, because I will be at a motorbike race all day (which is why this is being posted so far in advance). But, you can rest assured that I will be taping the BBC coverage, and will watch it first thing tomorrow morning.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, LEONORA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry to say, I think her intro video thingy was better than her singing. ;-/

I actually got home just in time for her coming on. So, I watched her LIVE, and then started getting ready for bed (Hey, I've been awake since 3:30am, and up since 4am. And there was a 5h 30m delay before the first race finally got underway. In total I spent 12 hours sitting in a field getting absolutely frozen and soaked. So, I think I deserve an early night!)

Since my thoughts tonight were the same as my thoughts on Thursday, I'll just quote what I said about her Semi Final performance over in the Eurovision thread:

As you can see, our figure skater from Denmark, Leonora Colmor Jepsen, got through to the Final!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

However, I have to be honest. For me, this is like when Polina Gagarina competed in the Eurovision Song Contest a few years back. For the vast majority of Eurovision acts, I am not familiar with them before I see them in the contest. But I had been a fan of Polina for a few years before she was selected to represent Russia in 2015. I loved her previous songs, and so when I found out she was competing, she automatically became my pre-competition favourite. However, when I heard her in her Semi Final, I thought that the song didn’t do her voice justice. And I feel the same about Leonora’s song.

That said, I think you could have heard me from Denmark when I shouted “YES!!!!!!” after it was announced that she had got through! :p

Although the song isn't the best for her, it's still nice to see a figure skater doing well in something different.

CaroLiza_fan