Favorite program so far?

chasseneige

Rinkside
Satoko SP/FS
Hanyu SP
Trusova SP
Junhwan FS
Medvedeva SP

Admittedly, there have been a lot of programs that I haven’t gotten the chance to watch yet- hopefully I will be able to catch up soon by the end of this week!

laiyamanika

On the Ice
Programs I kept on re-watching

Men:
Yuzuru Hanyu SP and FS
Koshiro Shimada SP and FS
Junhwan Cha SP and FS
Shoma Uno SP

Ladies:
Anna Shcherbakova SP
Rika Kihira FS
Satoko Miyahara SP and FS
Yelin Kim FS

Pairs:
Vanessa James Cipres SP and FS

Dance (I like the juniors better):
Elizabeta Khudaiberdieva/Nikita Nazarov RD (she really reminds me of Elena Ilinykh)
Oona Brown/Gage Brown RD and FD
Avonley Nguyen/Vadym Kolesnik FD
Majorie Lajoie/Zachary Lagda FD
Maria Kazakova/Reviya Georgy FD

Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier RD and FD (my favorite senior dance team this year)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Shoma Uno SP
Loena Hendrickx SP
Evgenia Medvedeva SP
Alena Kostornaia FS (music could be better)
Weaver/Poje FD
Lajoie/Lagha FD

randomfan

Record Breaker
What I like for sure:
Eunsoo Lim’s SP
Bradie Tennell’s SP
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva’s FS
Yuzuru Hanyu’s SP
Kaori Sakamoto’s FS

Honourable Mentions:
Junhwan Cha’s FS - this program is messy and ridiculous but I love it
Evgenia Medvedeva’s SP - The program needs more polishing, but I really appreciate this new style and so I feel that by the end of the season I’ll really like it
Marin Honda’s FS - same as Evgenia’s SP

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kevin Aymoz is my fave this season so far. He has tons of original movements and interesting positions, IMO moreso than most if not all of the top guys' programs. Amazing choreography and commitment to his programs too. Definitely one to watch going towards 2022. :)

champs

Final Flight
Aliev's FS
Kolyada's FS

Kihira's FS
Marin Honda's SP
Ashley Lin's FS
Sotskova's SP

ArenaWings

On the Ice
Men:
Hanyu’s FS
Nathan’s SP
Vincent’s FS

Ladies:
Trusova’s FS
Evgenia’s SP
Bell’s SP
Wakaba’s SP if she can nail it

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to be honest, and tell you all that I like Oda's programme the best...it has a lot of simple, forward and backward skating in it, some great jumps though not spectacularly so, but it was so joyful that it's made me want to watch it time and again (and I have since it was posted yesterday)...Venus and YMCA. What a combination.

But to come back to the real competitive examples: I'm no Carmen lover, but I really like Kolyada's take on it. Voronov's also on my list of having great potential. And the new kid on the block (at least for me): Kevin Aymoz from France. Those positions were just great.

I hope T/M will do better along the season, as they've got a lovely LP this year (even if it's a bit too inspired by S/M's programmes), and I already adore J/C's SP's and LP's. Let's hope they keep it up. Z/K surprised me in a positive way too.

I've not made up my mind about the ladies yet, although I was pleasantly surprised with Alina's Carmen at the JO, but to be fair that was mostly bacause of her obvious joy in skating it, and not so much the skating in itself (which was of course good). I'm rooting for Loena who had a great SP and improved on her long compared to last year. I've not made up my mind about Dance either, but so far S/B look really good this year - but I am looking forward to seeing P/C in action again. I also quite liked W/P's Free Dance, it's a shame we won't be seeing it again any time soon. C/P also quite impressed me, but I think it's not yet their time.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was mesmerized by Roman Sadovsky's haunting and elegant interpretation of Schindler's List for his LP---it's not everyday that you a see a skater costumed as a concentration camp prisoner covered in filth and blood. It's truly astonishing to me how much Roman's artistry has matured compared to last season, and not many 19-year-olds would be able to express such a dark, grim theme well, yet he pulls it off masterfully, IMHO. If he skates this cleanly, I know that I will become so emotional that I'll cry.

On a wildly different note, I'm also head-over-heels about Nicolas Nadeau's cool and vibrant Depeche Mode LP. Of course, I'm probably totally biased because I'm a huge DM fan, but having seen it in person at the Quebec Summer Championships two months ago, Nic can essentially channel Dave Gahan's (the band's charismatic lead singer) rock star energy on the ice. When combined with Shae-Lynn Bourne's awesome choreography, Nadeau can temporarily transform any arena into a DM concert.

PinkElephants

Rinkside
I loved both of Yuzu's, especially Origin, it's so beautiful and seems so complicated, twizzles into the spin, hydroblade into a jump etc. I think it will be another masterpiece once he skates it clean and works out the kinks. Even as it is I'm obsessed with it, I can't wait to see it again and where he takes it.

Liked Cha's FS - he's just delightful in general and I'm very excited over him! Loved Kevin Aymoz's FS, very original and great choreography. Absolutely loved both of Tomono's, they're perfect for him, the SP especially is beautiful and I love me some Riverdance :) Sadly nothing caught my eye from the other 3 but I have been mostly watching just men so far, so we'll see

TeeSaurus

Rinkside
At the risk of being the only one here… the one program that I have watched again and again this season is To Jinhun’s SP (Historia de un amor).

I think the choreography is great, really detailed and well thought out and her skating to the music is expressive and lovely to watch.
I really miss this kind of musicality in some of the higher scoring programs I’ve seen so far this season.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Dance (I like the juniors better):
Elizabeta Khudaiberdieva/Nikita Nazarov RD (she really reminds me of Elena Ilinykh)
Oona Brown/Gage Brown RD and FD
Avonley Nguyen/Vadym Kolesnik FD
Majorie Lajoie/Zachary Lagda FD
Maria Kazakova/Reviya Georgy FD

Seconding this!! And for seniors, really the only program I've wanted to rewatch continuously has been Weaver/Poje's FD. So beautiful/lyrical! That lift when she's doing the splits and standing on one of his feet takes my breath away.

The Tango Romanticas have, in particular, been disappointing. I've seen a whole lot of tango, but not much romantica.
Agreed, and this goes for the Juniors' Argentine Tango as well. So many couples using the exact same tango music doesn't help, either. One team, Phillipova/Kravtsov, used "Bust Your Windows" by Jazmine Sullivan for their RD which was a fun and innovative tango song choice! :clap:

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Men:
Yuzuru Hanyu's FS
Shoma Uno's SP
Jun Hwan Cha's SP & FS
Daisuke Takahashi's SP & FS
Dmitri Aliev's SP

Ladies:
Marin Honda's FS (this program is going to be such a stunner once she skates it clean-ish)
Eunsoo Lim's SP
Zhenya's SP

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The only program that has really moved me so far is Weaver & Poje's FD. Which is funny because I have never been a huge fan of theirs.

There are a number of programs that have potential- but that is the only stand out so far.

I'm pretty sure Loena's SP is going to be my guilty pleasure though.