Favorite program so far? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Favorite program so far?

Atlantis

Rinkside
I've finally caught up on everyone. Wasn't easy but I can finally do what I love most - do a list of favourites :biggrin:

Men

Yuzuru Hanyu's SP. I love it already, it's so subtle, soft, yet powerful. It also has some cool moves and ChSq is to die for. I love his FS too but so far only in practicies. I was actually looking forward to it more than anything but turned out to be impressed by the SP more. But FS is also going to be very powerful, he only needs to transfer that command and confidence from practice to the competition skate, which I'm sure he will. If (when) he does it, that 3A-2T with rippon might actually kill me :drama:

Daisuke Takahashi's SP and FS. He is a king of dancing on ice, so it's only natural I was mesmerized by his skates. Dynamic and powerful FS and gentle SP - the best route I could only ask for.

Jason Brown's SP. I love the music and how it complements Jason's way of skating. It's a pleasure to watch this program.

Out of all people I didn't expect to like Alexander Samarin's SP :laugh: I hope he can deliver a good performance one day.

Ladies

Rika Kihira's FS :drama: 3As, suspense, drama. Beautiful storm, indeed.

Wakaba Higuchi's SP. Wakaba is so much fun! The spins (and everything esle) is so accentuated by the music, I find myself wanting to dance to this beat too. Yes, take me to the club, Wakaba.

Bradie Tennell's SP. She has really improved a lot and it shows. She sells this sort of dramatic music very well.

As for juniors, I enjoyed Alena Kostornaia and Alexandra Trusova's SPs the most.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I absolutely love Satoko’s short this year! I also like Liza’s short, H/D’s free dance, and Nathan’s short!

gotoschool

Medalist
Favorite: Rika Kihara's Freeskate Beautiful Storm and Yuzuru Hanyu's SP

Liked a lot: Alina Zagitova's LP and Satoko's SP

Wilwarin

On the Ice
So far...

Men
Daisuke Takahashi SP - so emotional
Camden Pulkinen SP - one of the two Piazzolla program I like
Koshiro Shimada FS - one of the two Piazzolla program I like
Adam Siao Him Fa SP - The speed of steps/Star Sky

Ladies
Satoko Miyahara SP
Kaori Sakamoto FS
Evgenia Medvedeva SP - I like her new style
Bradie Tennell SP - The program fits her well
Rika Kihira FS - The program is great but she needs more work
Mae Berenice Meite FS - please keep cleaning the program

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Mae Berenice Meite FS - please keep cleaning the program

I agree here. It was great at ACI but not perfect which gives her such an opportunity to grow. Especially the step sequence, I love it and I can’t wait to see it at 100%.

Her SP was lovely also, her Spirals in it were divine.

Henni147

Final Flight
Yuzuru Hanyu's SP. I love it already, it's so subtle, soft, yet powerful. It also has some cool moves and ChSq is to die for. I love his FS too but so far only in practicies. I was actually looking forward to it more than anything but turned out to be impressed by the SP more. But FS is also going to be very powerful, he only needs to transfer that command and confidence from practice to the competition skate, which I'm sure he will. If (when) he does it, that 3A-2T with rippon might actually kill me :drama:
Same here! When I saw those pieces from Media Day and his run-throughs at ACI, Origin 100% got me. The power and dynamics of that FS is incredible. Don't know, if he's been nervous or had stamina issues in competition (maybe both), but I'm sure, this program will develop.
Love the SP, too. Despite the spin errors my favorite program this season so far :hap10:

Edit: If it's true that Yuzu plans to include a 4T+3A sequence, I fear that we won't see the 3A+rp-2T combo anymore... :sad4: (okay, the sequence is not less impressive though :laugh:)

Ladies: Med's SP is nice and refreshing
Pairs: Everything from James/Cipres
Dance: Weaver/Poje FD, Stephanova/Bukin FD (I'm no expert in Ice Dance, but I liked the choreo)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Adding in Sofia Samodelkina's FS, Alena Kanysheva's SP and FS, and Ksenia Sinitsyna's SP and FS. Elena Kostyleva's Carmen FS is wonderful also.

I am not particularly convinced about most programs. Maybe time to quit for now and check back in time for Four Continents.

I will say, after watching most ladies' programs... Karen Chen's On Golden Pond might still be unbeaten for me after three seasons, at least it looks like it for now. She choreographed it herself. What are the pros doing?

rain

Record Breaker
Favourite programs following Skate Canada (and this is programs/choreography):

Gilles/Poirier's FD is sublime
Gilles/Poirier's RD
Shoma Uno's LP to Moonlight Sonata
Mariah Bell's LP to The Piano
Nathan Chen's LP

synteis

Medalist
Sticking to seniors and noting that this list is affected by attending ACI and SC:

Dance:
Gilles/Poirier FD
Smart/Diaz RD
Fear/Gibson FD
Firus/Soucisse RD

Pairs:
Morgan/Cipres FP
Boikova/Kovloskii FP

Mens:
Aymoz SP/FP
Kolyada FP
Newberry FP
Cha FP
Uno FP

Ladies:
Miyahara SP
Medvedeva FP
Andrews SP
Zagitova FP

Imagine

Medalist
If we're keeping it 100, Alena Kostornaia's SP has been the only program worth watching more than once this season so far.

Ballade88

On the Ice
Dmitri Aliev's SP and Kolyada's FP (The Russian men are so much more interesting than the ladies imo).

Marin Honda's SP (Her best program by far)
Eunsoo Lim's SP (Beautiful program)

peepsquick

Final Flight
Men:
Kévin Aymoz SP and FP

Ladies:
Datoko Miyahara SP and FP
Mariah Bell SP
Eunsoo Lim SP

Pairs:
James/Cipres SD, FP
Peng/Jin's SD