Top five skaters/pairs of each discipline ever? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Top five skaters/pairs of each discipline ever?

Mdk0144

On the Ice
It's just my opinion.

MENS

Dick Button
John Curry
Kurt Browning
Alexei Yagudin
Evgeni Plushenko

and Viktor Petrenko.

LADIES

Katarina Witt
Oksana Baiul
Lu Chen
Michelle Kwan
Yuna Kim

DANCE

Jane Torvill & Christopher Dean
Natalia Bestemianova & Andrei Bukin
Marina Klimova & Sergei Ponomarenko
Pasha Grishuk & Evgeni Platov
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

PAIRS

Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov
Natalia Mishkutenok & Artur Dmitriev
Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharilidze
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao

and I can't choose one team between Qing Pang & Jian Tong and Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy.

LazarusPitHotTub

Rinkside
My picks:
Ladies
1. Yuna Kim
2. Michelle Kwan
3. Katarina Witt
4. Mao Asada
5. Special mentions
Bonus special Mentions!:
Midori Ito. The woman who seemingly defied gravity. Her name will forever synonymous with athleticism and challenging what women can do. Pushing the sport.
Carolina Kostner. The poster child for longievity if you will. 4 Olympics (in the modern ladies field!). Still making the GPF at over 30.
Kaetlyn Osmond. Her comeback after breaking her leg to giving two truly OGM worthy performances only a short few years later is truly remarkable and the biggest power move and deserves the hugest amount of respect for her as a competitor — especially after she finished 11th in a GP one season and was then the world silver medallist the next! She was the wonder kid at 16 winning her 1st ever GP event. But she then had to really fight and battled through injury after injury and lack of consistency until she was finally healthy but then considered to be the too old ‘woman skater’ in a field of young girls. She returned as one of the best rounded skaters the ladies field had seen since Kim and Mao, however, and has some of the most stunning landings ever seen in the sport. Her landings alone should be framed and hung in every skating school, they’re that picture perfect. Her skating skills are some of the best in the modern ladies field with the most power speed and ice coverage of anyone and with edges and neat footwork to rival the best. The kind of power and presence that Kaetlyn has on the ice is immediately captivating and one of a true champion, I cannot speak highly enough.

Mens
1. Patrick Chan
2. Evgeni Plushenko (this is reluctantly placed high because of results)
3. Yuzuru Hanyu
4. Kurt Browning, Elvis Stojko, Stephane Lambiel, Daisuke Takahashi, Alexei Yagudin and Brian Orser.

Pairs
1. Gordeeva/Grinkov
2. Shen/Zhou
3. Rodnina/Partners
4. Savchenko/Partners
5. All the other OGMs

Ice Dance
1. Virtue/Moir (by far)
2. Klimova/Ponomorenko
3. Anissina/Peizerat
4. Grishuk/Platov
5. Torvill/Dean