Wakaba Higuchi Reportedly Injured | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi Reportedly Injured

IceBallerina

On the Ice
According to a translation from Asahi, reigning world silver medalist Higuchi is injured on the instep of the right foot.

I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she is well in time for skate Canada :pray:

sakurano

Final Flight
Thin ah these repetitive injury worries me I hope she does not do too much, we know she is a big competitor.

Good recovery

frida80

Record Breaker
What kind of injury. Is it something that just affected her for the day? Is it a strain? A fracture? Is she still going to compete? Should she take a break? It's really confusing.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I assume this is the reason for her somewhat-rocky outings at earlier competitions this season; hope it goes away soon and she recovers in time for the grand prix series! I'd love to see her in Vancouver :)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
What kind of injury. Is it something that just affected her for the day? Is it a strain? A fracture? Is she still going to compete? Should she take a break? It's really confusing.

I looked at the original article. It just says she has an injured instep and that she is working on correcting the axis of her jumps before Skate Canada. So it sounds like an ongoing injury that she is managing.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Higuchi won a local competition in Tokyo despite the reported injury. Her free program score was 123.57 and her overall score was 181.54. But she had issues with spins and steps and her conditions were far from perfect.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
No. But so glad she won that silver last year after an incredible season. She’s a fighter and young she will be back soon I would bet. Love her.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I've been so excited about seeing her at Skate Canada, but her health should be top priority. I hope she's taking it easy.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Nooo, Wakaba!! :(

Wishing her a speedy recovery and lots of health and luck!!

Atlantis

Rinkside
That is an awful news, I was really hoping she would get well after being injured before ACI but it seems it is only getting worse. Prayer circle for her to be finally injury-free.