New Interview with Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 5 | Golden Skate

New Interview with Evgenia Medvedeva

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"She is working on it, give her time/opportunity to fix it" is not what "benefit of the doubt" means :scratch3: A lot of people are working hard on fixing their flutzes/lips after all, let's not call them either then.

No, it doesn’t make sense.

But “wow, she said she’s working on a flutz, now Imma gonna really call those flutzes babeeee” makes no sense to me either.

I was trying to say, in my opinion, benefit of the doubt *either* way makes no sense;)

moriel

Record Breaker
No, it doesn’t make sense.

But “wow, she said she’s working on a flutz, now Imma gonna really call those flutzes babeeee” makes no sense to me either.

I was trying to say, in my opinion, benefit of the doubt *either* way makes no sense;)

i suppose that aknowledging she has a flutz may call judges attention to it.
I mean, you see her do the jump, you are not sure. But then if you remember the skater said she has a flutz, that could impact the perception. Or lead judges to review it or whatever.

katymay

Medalist
What a class act she is. I hope the best for her, she has a great chance of reaching the goals she stated for the Russian Fed. She had a few years where she was the undisputed champion of the world, and going forward I hope she is able to cash in with endorsements, shows, whatever she wishes for her future. I don't blame her at all for wanted a change of scene, understandable. As far as 'longevity' in figure skating, I'm not sure that is really possible anymore for anyone, not with the tech required these days. In that doc Hirsh talks about, Medvedeva talks about the Sasha's, Anna's and Elena's moving up. Alina is also cognizant of how difficult next year is going to be. Medvedeva is an amazing person, I hope she has a good year.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Having interviewed her at Team Challenge Cup a few years back, I found her quite personable and kind. I still won't forget the fact that she wanted to speak English even though there was a translator there.

Whaaaaat. You got to interview her??? Way cool.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
We can all come to hypothesis's about Evgenia's future. In 2022 she might have moved on from skating for all we know. She might do great with Orser. She might end up wishing she'd never left Eteri. But just as I can't tell you where I will be 4 years from now none of you can say where Evgenia will be 4 years from now.

Do not turn this into Eteri vs Brian again.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
This thread is closed. People have had their say about the relevant issues in the interview.

We do not want Eteri vs Brian threads and they will be removed immediately.