Thread: JGP Layouts

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

JGP Layouts

I decided to look how the change of secon half bonus rule influenced on program layouts. Here I'll compare program layouts from jgp series from last year, this year and I think I'll add also something from 2015 season.

I started with ladies short programs of this and last season but I'll finish others too. So, for ladies short programs we have

2014:
    3+0: 49
    2+1: 116
    1+2: 26
    0+3: 4
    total: 195

2017:
    3+0: 21
    2+1: 115
    1+2: 80
    0+3: 10
    total: 226

2018:
    3+0: 30
    2+1: NA
    1+2: NA
    0+3: NA
    total: 228

Tripping on the Podium Caustica's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Since now, by definition only one jump in the second half will get marked with a bonus, there could technically be two jumps in the second half without this being reflected on the protocols. So I'm not sure if there are truly zero programs with 2 jumps in the second half. I'm guessing there are probably quite a few of them, since skaters may have had their programs choreographed before the new rules were released.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caustica View Post
    Since now, by definition only one jump in the second half will get marked with a bonus, there could technically be two jumps in the second half without this being reflected on the protocols. So I'm not sure if there are truly zero programs with 2 jumps in the second half. I'm guessing there are probably quite a few of them, since skaters may have had their programs choreographed before the new rules were released.
    I really tried to go through protocols and find that second jump after x sign among spins and step sequences but I failed to find. However I do not completely trust my eyes so maybe I missed some.

Tripping on the Podium Caustica's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawwerg View Post
    I really tried to go through protocols and find that second jump after x sign among spins and step sequences but I failed to find. However I do not completely trust my eyes so maybe I missed some.
    I believe in the rules, it states that if two jumps are in the second half, the last one would be marked with an x. So you would never see a non-x jump after an x jump.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caustica View Post
    I believe in the rules, it states that if two jumps are in the second half, the last one would be marked with an x. So you would never see a non-x jump after an x jump.
    Oh, thank you, I believe in rules too, sometimes mistakes appear from cognition. Seems there are a lot of videos ahead for me. But I am going to finish it.

Dummy

0 Not allowed!
    actually, an injteresting stat would be to also count the actual jumps, not the jumping passes.