Diana Davis & Gleb Smolkin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Diana Davis & Gleb Smolkin

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
All the programs were fun to watch and with the participants all in plain black no costume could detract from their performances.

All couples looked happy and quite relaxed. Perhaps because there is no really tough competition between these selected couples for the JPG spots and other assignments?

Today was the compulsory rhythm dance and tomorrow will be the free dance, right? One assumes all couples advance since this is only test skate and no competition.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They got replaced by Katashinskaia / Vaskovich at the JGP France. They are still assigned to the JGP Usa.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They got replaced by Katashinskaia / Vaskovich at the JGP France. They are still assigned to the JGP Usa.
From a comment they made a week or two ago, they seemingly knew they were always just a placeholder in France and intended to compete at Lake Placid as their first event.

klena

On the Ice
Happy Birthday Gleb!!! Wish you and Diana a successful performance at the upcoming event in Lake Placid!

klena

On the Ice
Congrats to Diana and Gleb! Good start of the season and evident improvements in skating! :thumbsup:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Aww, Disha liked my comment congratulating her and Gleb on their medal on her Instagram post. I feel like a little celebrity now [emoji1]

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russian Fed has switched their 2nd JGP event to JGP Russia. D/S switched events with Khudaiberdieva/Filatov who will skate at the JGP Poland now.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Russian Fed has switched their 2nd JGP event to JGP Russia. D7S switched events with Khudaiberdieva/Filatov who will skate at the JGP Poland now.

So we will see them the very next JGP? I know Eteri doesn't watch her daughtrer competing, but I'm curious if she will meet her.

The Finn

Record Breaker
So we will see them the very next JGP?

Yes we will, and JGP Russia should be an easier event for them than JGP Poland would have been, so, they have a pretty good chance to qualify for the JGP Final now. A victory would guarantee them a JGPF spot but two silvers are usually enough to qualify.

Lachinka

Spectator
Hi, could anyone explain why they got the Spin level 1 at Chelyabinsk? I was going thru all materials known to me and I did not found why their level got reduced. Did it lack some revolutions?

By the way I adored their performance! Well deserved silver :love::love:

Edit: My guess is the lack of rotations in the third position, I think they did just two.

The Finn

Record Breaker
FD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqHKWvSHSP0

The mistake they did today cost them some points. Hopefully it doesn't cost them their JGP Final spot. Usually two silvers are enough to qualify but the fact that Ushakova/nekrasov will skate at the last two events makes things more difficult this season.

The way I see it is that If U/N are fully fit then one would expect them to push D/S one spot down in the standings. That means that D/S have to be ahead of either Kazakova/Reviya or Demougeot/Le Mercier or they will end up 7th in the standings. The good thing is that Demougeot/Le Mercier are set to skate at the JGP Poland where Khudaiberdieva/Filatov and Nguyen/Kolesnik are also skating. So, things look pretty good for D/S but their JGP Final spot isn't a sure thing yet.