Your Top 3 JGP Perfomances | Golden Skate

Your Top 3 JGP Perfomances

Helena b

Rinkside
Well, in juniors I only follow Ladies, so...

1. Alena Kostornaia, Linz SP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqkzHtJQF4. That's the only program this season I rewatched more than 5 times. Simply beautiful. But I really want them to do something with that silent moment and weird choreography in the middle of the program. It looks awkward and breaks all the immersion in music.

2. Alexandra Trusova, Kaunas SP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JflN7oIrdI. Her jumps are so effortles and beautiful and Daniil picked good songs for both Sasha's programs this year, but the fs still needs more time and polish. Maybe at the end of the season with all quads (hopefully) landed I will pick fs, but at this moment we have what we have.

3. Anna Scherbakova, Richmond SP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzD7vSJkCY. Anna is just... Anna. I have nothing to say here.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
This is hard...

Kostornaia SP Linz, Iakovlev SP Kaunas, N/K FD Ljublijana are the first three off the top of my head.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Trusova SP Kaunas, Kostornaya SP Linz, Shcherbakova SP Richmond

... Unfortunately, Shcherbakova didn't really have any performances that were as good as I'd have hoped during the JGP. Hopefully she'll nail the SP at some point over the course of the season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alena Kostornaya SP and FP Linz and Alena Kanyaheva FP Linz. Normally this list would look differently but I saw those 3 programs live and they were amazing. I‘m biased lol :biggrin:

In that order:
1. Alena Kostornaya SP
2. Alena Kanysheva FP
3. Alena Kostornaya FP

But in all honesty, if I had to make a list solely on having watched those programs on TV and not having certain memories that make choosing easier, I wouldn‘t be able to. It‘s difficult already with Anna Kuzmenko and Haein Lee both also being fantastic in Linz. Or Sasha Trusova‘s 3 quads FP obviously and Anna Shcherbakova‘s delicate skating... Nastya‘s powerful last FS winning her the gold medal... Yelim Kim’s beautiful programs... Yuhana Yokoi‘s stunning performance after the music stopped and she had to wait for 10 minutes... it‘s too much to choose. They are all such wonderful skaters with so much talent. That‘s why I specially love the video Ted and his team made of the JGP. I think it captures all these amazing young people just brilliantly. :luv17:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
... Unfortunately, Shcherbakova didn't really have any performances that were as good as I'd have hoped during the JGP. Hopefully she'll nail the SP at some point over the course of the season.

In Bratislava her SP was good though, wasn't it?

1. Alena Kostornaia, Linz SP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNqkzHtJQF4. That's the only program this season I rewatched more than 5 times. Simply beautiful. But I really want them to do something with that silent moment and weird choreography in the middle of the program. It looks awkward and breaks all the immersion in music.

Did you read about meaning of the program? That moment should mean loss of innocence and wings of curious angel who fell to Earth. And in the end the angel is regaining her wings and return to Heaven ^^

My list:
1) Alena Kostornaia, Linz SP
2) Alexandra Trusova, Kaunas SP
3) Anastasia Tarakanova, Lubljana FP

Trusova's FP is yet to shine for me due to imperfect jumps. When it will be perfected - it could rival 3rd or 2nd place.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Shcherbakova, SP Bratislava
Trusova, SP Lithuania
Kostornaya, SP Linz, Brown/Brown, FD (both), Kanysheva, FS Linz

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Trusova, FP Armenia
Shcherbakova, SP Bratislava
Kostornaya, SP Linz
Trusova, SP Lithuania

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I remember that I particularly liked Koshiro's SP performance at his first event. But my top three are the following:

Yelim Kim's free skate in her first event. I have been following her career since her first JGP event; and with the field so deep in Korea, it has been hard to see her just miss out on opportunities. After her short in that first event--I think she stepped out of a jump--I was frustrated and just wanted her to step it up and grab the opportunity. Well, did she ever! Onto the podium and then becoming the first Korean lady of her generation to qualify for the JGPF.

I love Tomoki's SP and have rewatched both versions of it several time. Tomoki, I have also been following for years. I remember him from 2014 U.S. Nationals, but I've been following him on the JGP since Colorado Springs in 2015. It's been a very tough last couple seasons due to injuries, combined with coaching changes. He finally seemed healthy again midway through last season, but consistency in both the SP and the LP has been the Challenge. This season he really seems to have grown as a competitor. Nothing is perfect, but he is working through his performances, staying more grounded, and into the Final in this men's field, which I feel is building back up stronger than last season. The event in Slovakia was especially well skated by so many athletes in the men's field!

I have been a fan of Avonley Nguyen since she was an intermediate. Then she spent a year without a partner, essentially skipped novices, and teamed up with Vadim last year. I liked them both right away and they had an engaging FD last year; but I'm very impressed with how well they've competed this season. I feel that they really surprised in the dance field. (With no experience at Junior Worlds and a 5th place finish at Junior Nationals last year, though they were in the hunt for 4th there). Only two seasons into their career and suddenly facing the rather unexpected challenge of leading the U.S. dance field on the JGP--they stepped up and have gelled so well as a team. I've rewatched their FD performances several times.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Alena Kostornaia SP in Linz
Yelim Kim SP in Ostrava
Yi Christy Leung FS in Bratislava

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Alexandra Trusova SP (tremendous regret that quads are banned from ladies SP. That should have been like 3A 4S 4Lz-3T. Oh, dreams, dreams.)
Nastya Tarakanova FP Lubljana
Alena Kostornaya SP Linz

laiyamanika

On the Ice
This is difficult but I'll stick to ice dance

1. Avonley Nguyen/Vadym Kolesnik FD Ljubljana
2. Majorie Lajoie/Zachary Lagha FD Richmond
3. Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Nikita Nazarov RD Ostrava

Honorable mention: Arina Ushakova/Maxim Nekrasov RD Yerevan

Honestly, the contenders for the JGPF Ice Dance are amazing and it's exciting to watch who will come on top

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
First of all I want to congratulate all the skaters, for such an amazing JGP season. I am looking forward to watch the JGPF, it will be very exciting! :clapper:

It's very hard to pick just 3 performances, but here it is:

1. Anna Shcherbakova's SP Bratislava - looking back, remembering how anxious I was for Anna's international debut; her first performance was a masterpiece, a great start for her international career. It made my cry a little bit, so that's a bonus :biggrin:

2. Alena Kostornaia's SP Linz - graceful, ethereal, sublime. Left me speechless.:luv17:

3. Sasha Trusova's FP Yerevan - it was really hard to choose between her Yerevan and Kaunas performances, but that 4Lz was insane :eeking:; she has written history even when she was sick, Sasha is incredible and I am sure she will break many more records during her career. Also her FP fits her like a glove. :agree:

Honorable mention: Anastasia Tarakanova - FP Ljubljana - Nastya's winning performance was empowering, the program is perfect for her, and her happiness and pure joy from the end were priceless. (plus the victory dance :party2:)