Karen Chen withdraws from Helsinki GP | Golden Skate

Karen Chen withdraws from Helsinki GP

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (Oct. 15, 2018) – Karen Chen has withdrawn from the Helsinki Grand Prix of Figure Skating, U.S. Figure Skating announced today.

Chen, who was a member of the 2018 U.S. Olympic Figure Skating Team and was the 2017 U.S. champion, is still recovering from a foot injury. She is still scheduled to compete at Rostelecom Cup in Moscow from Nov. 16-18, 2018.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
A Sad but wise decision. Foot injuries are the first to become chronic and if she pushes it too hard, it will effect her for life. She has a month before Russia and I think she should take it slow.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I wish the poor girl could figure out her boot/foot problems. Not sarcastic at all - I really feel for her. She is a lovely skater when she's comfortable and healthy, so I hope she heals quickly for her sake alone.

epicdreamer

Rinkside
I'm really disappointed I won't get to see her in Helsinki but I hope she recovers fully soon! It'd be a shame if foot injured hampered her even more.

klutzy

On the Ice
So does she have a bootmaker now? Is the boot issue related to the injury issue?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So does she have a bootmaker now? Is the boot issue related to the injury issue?

She's been wearing custom Jackson boots for months now and no her new boot brand doesn't have anything to do with the injury.