A Medal from Every Grand Prix | Golden Skate

A Medal from Every Grand Prix

princessalica

Final Flight
I was just thinking it would be interesting to compare and see who all in any discipline have a medal from every Grand Prix.

Gracie is close to having a full collection (Obviosuly not gold from every event), but she has one from France, one from Russia, one from Canada, one from NHK, and two from Skate America. She is missing Cup of China / Finland this year.

Similarly Elena Radionova has 5 of 6. She is missing a medal from Skate Canada.

Likewise Evgenia has 5 of 6. She is missing Cup of China.

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva has 4 of 6. She could get number 5 this year with NHK, but she is still is missing Rostlecom.

Ashley Wagner also has 5 of 6. She is missing Cup of china.

On the Guys,

PAtrick Chan has 5 of 6. He is missing NHK.

Javi only has 4 of 6.

Yuzuru has all 6 and will likely get a 7th since Cup of China is Finland now.

So question is who has a full set?

So I guess its really a question of a continued domination and excellence that has to span a multi-year career. Nathan is the world champ , but he's only got a medal from 3 events (not counting the final).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Evgenia's are all golds, so when she gets a CoC gold, she'll have a full set of golds

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Since you mentioned a few retired skaters, I thought I should mention Mao Asada who has gold medals in all the Grand Prix events, including the Grand Prix final.

Giselle

Medalist
Brian Joubert won gold at SA, SC, NHK, COR, TEB/lalique and "only" silver at COC. He also won the GPF.

Aliona Savchenko unsurprisingly has gold in all 6 GPs + GPF.

Denkova/Stavisky won gold at SA, SC, NHK, Lalique/TEB, bronze at COR and never went to COC but won gold at Bofrost Cup when it was part of the GP series before it was replaced by COC so I'd say it counts. They also won the GPF.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
So I guess its really a question of a continued domination and excellence that has to span a multi-year career. Nathan is the world champ, but he's only got a medal from 3 events (not counting the final).

There are skaters who have 6+ medals but don't necessarily get invited to 6 different events, such as Satoko (7 medals from 3 events, plus 2 at GPF), so it's not only a matter of long-term excellence but also luck and strategy.

princessalica

Final Flight
Oh luck and strategy definitely play a role. I just thought it was interesting aspect to check on. Evan Lysacek has 5 of 6 I believe.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Plushy has a Gold Medal from every GP, including the GPF, with the exception of a Silver at Skate America. An event he only attended once over his long career.

Giselle

Medalist
There are skaters who have 6+ medals but don't necessarily get invited to 6 different events, such as Satoko (7 medals from 3 events, plus 2 at GPF), so it's not only a matter of long-term excellence but also luck and strategy.

Agree. Some skaters just do the same GPs every year, their home GP + their favorite.

Virtue/Moir for example have 15 GP medals but have never been to Skate America (top US ice dancers is usually seeded there) or Cup of China. Davis/White have 14 but have never been to Cup of China.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Shen and Zhao have the distinction of having won gold at seven different Grand Prix events plus the Final, as they won the discontinued German one in addition to all the current contests. This might in theory have been unbeatable, though the new one-time-only Finnish Grand Prix opens the door to somebody else replicating that feat.

Elaine

On the Ice
For the same reason, I guess Yuna has never been to NHK? Everytime she got on the world podium there was at least 1 Japanese skater along with her (Mao or Miki). And probably even if it was not the case Yuna wouldn't have wanted NHK, and NHK wouldn't have wanted Yuna anyway.

Other than that the only GP Yuna hadn't won is SC. Only a bronze on her senior debut. Actually considering she had been training in Canada and Canada was often a good place for her (10 OG, 13 WC) it's quite surprising. Maybe because of Joannie?

I remember that she was supposed to go to SC in her last season (13-14) but withdrew due to injury.

Kyoko Ina medalled in all six (including the German event, but not counting Cup of China. Ina retired after 2002 Worlds, and the Cup of China started in the fall of 2003.) Thirteen medals in all, with two different partners (Dungjen and Zimmerman).

Ina also has the distinction of being the Japanese Jr. champion and the USA Jr. champion in consecutive years in singles.

Don't try this at home:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/busites_ww...eries/10_2835cafc1273f645fe045969ebbc5906.png

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Jeremy Abbott has at least one (many multiples) from every GP and the GPF (except Skate America where he just missed podium several times).

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Evan Lysacek has one (actually multiples) from every single GP and then also GPF medals.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yuna Kim, winning medals from every events she entered including GP series and GPFs.

She never finished off the podium during her entire career.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushy has a Gold Medal from every GP, including the GPF, with the exception of a Silver at Skate America. An event he only attended once over his long career.

Yes. At SA he didn't turn 15. He won silver and as you said he attended that event once...because that event and SC were Yag's territory.. Yag missed the NHK Trophy ( That was Plush's event ;) )