Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lilah Fear & Lewis Gibson

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
British Figure Skating Championships: Lewis Gibson & Lilah Fear on Olympic ambitions: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/46364231)

A very nice write up, it gives us a lot of the same information about how they started we’ve heard before but with a new added section about their hopes for the Olympics.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congratulations on their second national title (and the first where they aren't in the looming shadow of Coomes and Buckland).

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I actually cannot wait until Friday for the RD. I have high hopes but I’d even just be happy if they qualify for the FD and that’s it.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I actually cannot wait until Friday for the RD. I have high hopes but I’d even just be happy if they qualify for the FD and that’s it.

Agree, and their fd is probably my favorite ice dance program this season. I think they've been underrated this season, hopefully that will change at Europeans

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was a fantastic RD for Lilah and Lewis tonight - they really sold their program and they had the audience in the palms of their hands. Charm for days and they're also showing that they're accumulating the technical goods to go with it. Can't wait to see their FD again!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I had been hoping that Lilah and Lewis would over take Smart and Diaz and I was rewarded! I perhaps would have had them above the Polish couple as well but 6th and outstanding achievement and an overall seasons best!

Hopefully they don’t have to pray for a withdrawal to get two spots on the GP circuit next season.

With so many great North American teams staying in the top ten at worlds might not happen but we’ll have a better idea after 4CC.

In other news I’m not sure I necessarily agree with this tweet saying the the British judge gave them a “huge” score considering it would have only placed them in 5th rather than 6th but I guess it is good for thought: https://twitter.com/skatingscores/status/1089234200341999618?s=21

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I had been hoping that Lilah and Lewis would over take Smart and Diaz and I was rewarded! I perhaps would have had them above the Polish couple as well but 6th and outstanding achievement and an overall seasons best!

Hopefully they don’t have to pray for a withdrawal to get two spots on the GP circuit next season.

With so many great North American teams staying in the top ten at worlds might not happen but we’ll have a better idea after 4CC.

In other news I’m not sure I necessarily agree with this tweet saying the the British judge gave them a “huge” score considering it would have only placed them in 5th rather than 6th but I guess it is good for thought: https://twitter.com/skatingscores/status/1089234200341999618?s=21

They did I suppose, but also the GBR judge was super generous with a lot of teams? They were still correct in their placing though imo, Lilah and Lewis - 5th place in my heart :luv17:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think based on Europeans they're now at least in contention for tenth place at Worlds, since they've pulled up their scores in the rhythm dance more in line with what the upper-mid-tier teams are getting, and they beat Lauriault/Le Gac and both of the Spanish teams that are also vying for that spot. The biggest question mark is Fournier Beaudry and Sorensen, who looked great at Canadian Nationals but haven't competed internationally yet this season.

Regardless, they're clearly on track to place much higher than last time.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
They did I suppose, but also the GBR judge was super generous with a lot of teams? They were still correct in their placing though imo, Lilah and Lewis - 5th place in my heart :luv17:

Mine too!

I think based on Europeans they're now at least in contention for tenth place at Worlds, since they've pulled up their scores in the rhythm dance more in line with what the upper-mid-tier teams are getting, and they beat Lauriault/Le Gac and both of the Spanish teams that are also vying for that spot. The biggest question mark is Fournier Beaudry and Sorensen, who looked great at Canadian Nationals but haven't competed internationally yet this season.

Regardless, they're clearly on track to place much higher than last time.

Much higher than 22nd for sure! Last year at Europeans Fournier Beaudry & Sorensen came 9th but we can’t really compare across competitions... 4CC will be key here in finding out.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
New Instagram post from Lewis:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtUkvC7hR-k/

Today is is three year three month Ice Dance anniversary! Plus some bonus footage of him practicing the TR pattern with Romain.

EDIT: Also here is a video from the ISU behind the scenes of the FD where Lilah and Lewis talk about their experience and aim for the competition. Also some really great interviews with other teams like the Italians - I’m not crying you’re crying!!

https://youtu.be/NKNQbA7lW1o

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lewis is clearly an enterprising sort - he's put together a pair of two-day skate workshops, one in London and one in Scotland, focused on skating skills and performance and featuring Papadakis and Cizeron: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQ4qGYHlXU/

Hope it goes well for him, it sounds like a great event!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I like that they’re just focused on Skating Skills, I wish I could attend! It’d be interesting to see what it’s like.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Lewis is clearly an enterprising sort - he's put together a pair of two-day skate workshops, one in London and one in Scotland, focused on skating skills and performance and featuring Papadakis and Cizeron: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuQ4qGYHlXU/

Hope it goes well for him, it sounds like a great event!

I like that they’re just focused on Skating Skills, I wish I could attend! It’d be interesting to see what it’s like.

I hope it goes well as well! I don't live all that far from Alexandra Palace, don't suppose they'll let people sit in the stands and watch? :laugh: it would be awesome to see Lewis, P&C work, as well as keep an eye out for promising new skaters!

I was also pleasantly surprised by the cost. Yes, £200 is quite a lot of money for two days. But to work with the World Champions and British Champion? I feel like other people would have charged a lot more!

It's a shame I've only passed Skate UK's Basic Skills Level 2 - "Backwards Marching across the ice
Forward Swizzles (Lemons)
Forward two foot glide on a curve (left and right)
Two foot turn on the spot (forwards to backwards, back to forwards)
Snowplough or T-Stop
" :laugh: :slink: