Daniil Gleikhengauz's programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daniil Gleikhengauz's programs

madison

Record Breaker
To be fair, there is no need for that much of music cuts/concepts/ideas in one program (Phantom of the Opera). I think he is too much 'involved' in it like he wants people to talk about him and not about actual skater who are skating to it. While i dont have problems with it like some others do, he appears kind of a little narcissistic to me (which is my biggest impression about Alina's programs this year, and is not her skating... which is great and should be in first place/first topic to talk about, not Daniil...) :biggrin: Forgot to add, Trusova's programs this year look great for her type of skating!

Without doubt he likes to be under the spotlight and knows how to do that :biggrin:. Even the posts in IG show this tendency.

moriel

Record Breaker
I think I heard on TSL that POTO and Carmen were programs that Zhenya had wanted to skate to. Is there any truth in this? It makes me wonder if Alina’s programs were changed up after Zhenya left.

Nah, thats just rumours since appearently there was not enough drama.
Zhenya clearly stated in her recent interview that she really wanted a Libertango program. So, at least for the free, the rumour is 100% wrong.
If she wanted to skate to Carmen, she would have said so and did so.

neusw

On the Ice
Nah, thats just rumours since appearently there was not enough drama.
Zhenya clearly stated in her recent interview that she really wanted a Libertango program. So, at least for the free, the rumour is 100% wrong.
If she wanted to skate to Carmen, she would have said so and did so.

The TSL guys are confused at best, misleading at worst. Alina has said in multiple interviews this season that she's wanted to skate to Carmen for years

madison

Record Breaker
Just to remind you people how young Daniil actually is, grabbed coaches and choreographers of the Olympic Medalists.
So whenever we bash him, we have to remember he is still a junior.
\a

Yes, but maybe his age is an advantage :). He can have other perspective on things, reflected in the programs (of course, I just hope that big brands on clothes and luxury black cars will never be translated into his artistic vision :dev2::biggrin::laugh:).

Shandy

On the Ice
The thing that bothers me about Trusova's 5E music cut is that it's a chaotic mess of all the least awesome parts of the soundtrack. I know it's a little cliche'd, but give me more diva dance! :confused:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Lack of concept and exploiting music to fit elements with some random, tacky sound effects thrown in for good measure, that’s his style. Programs that just make his skaters look like they are going through memorized movements, that don’t give them a chance to display musicality or a connection to the audience because they are so clogged with content, and lacks overall cohesion much more often than not. His students are capable of so much better :disapp:.

madison

Record Breaker
Lack of concept and exploiting music to fit elements with some random, tacky sound effects thrown in for good measure, that’s his style. Programs that just make his skaters look like they are going through memorized movements, that don’t give them a chance to display musicality or a connection to the audience because they are so clogged with content, and lacks overall cohesion much more often than not. His students are capable of so much better :disapp:.
It's the aesthetic of ugliness :)). It's more a surrealistic approach, mixing different things, without any obvious connection or logic.

moriel

Record Breaker

Umm, sound effects is Averbukh stuff mostly ;) Just saying.
As for his programs, keep in mind that judges seem to LOVE them, so maybe it is an issue of your comprehension and taste.

esteticlove

Final Flight
As for his programs, keep in mind that judges seem to LOVE them, so maybe it is an issue of your comprehension and taste.

Different people, different tastes. There's no right and wrong. If it was about the technical elements - there's a rules book and you can pretty much study one's jumps if they are right or not, and mostly you could rely on the judges' scores. But choreography and interpretation is very subjective, I don't care if the judges love it when the program leaves me cold. (edit: I am speaking generally, not implying that Daniil's programs are bad)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Umm, sound effects is Averbukh stuff mostly ;) Just saying.

Please, many people have commented on how lacklustre his programs are so don’t make it sound like I’m the only one that expresses these sentiments. I have a strong suspicion that at GP Finland, the judges will open their eyes (ie. when Zagitova faces off with Kostner). The two minute snippet of free program that Caro has shown two months ago already looked very promising, head and shoulders above DG’s mash-ups.

colormyworld240

Medalist

This is a blanket statement and is unfair. This is true for some of this programs this season - Alina's POTO, Alena's R&J. POTO is especially bad IMO. However, not all his programs have been like that. He did well last year with the juniors, especially Tarakanova's asylum SP, Alena's tango SP and lyrical FS. Shcherbakova's SP this season also showcases her strengths well, as do both of Sashas programs. None of those had tacky sound effects, or crazy cuts and had clear concepts that suited the individuals. And if I recall correctly, you yourself have commented on Alina's DQ being choreographed well in the past and Sasha's this season (?). He's had some off choreography; he's a developing choreographer who's amongst the youngest, obviously he's not going to hit with every program. No choreographer does. It sucks that some skaters are stuck with the worse programs, like the olympic champion, but it's ridiculous to make a generalization like that off a few bad programs. Or if you're going to say that about ALL his programs, at least keep it in the context of your opinion instead of applying it to how it should be judged ie. the correct and only opinion, as there is subjectivity in choreography.

Orlov

Medalist

:disagree:

moriel

Record Breaker
Please, many people have commented on how lacklustre his programs are so don’t make it sound like I’m the only one that expresses these sentiments. I have a strong suspicion that at GP Finland, the judges will open their eyes (ie. when Zagitova faces off with Kostner). The two minute snippet of free program that Caro has shown two months ago already looked very promising, head and shoulders above DG’s mash-ups.

Your statement is extremely biased, and you give no reasoning for what you say. Simply "ohh i hate it, it is bad".
Caro programs, for instance, tend to be extremely empty, featuring mostly 2 foot skating and long jump setups. Those features are not really valued, currently, and many people see them as outdated.

neusw

On the Ice

LOL yes, the judges' eyes will be wide open when Caro gets another perfect PCS+60 TES program. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Caro, but how nice and lovely her programs are have no correlation to the scores she gets. She could probably skate to silence and fall 3 times and get the same PCS.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Let's not turn Daniil's choreography thread into another Eteri's skaters (mostly Zagitova) vs. Kostner's skating thread...

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I would not trust anything that TSL says about Tutberidze team. No offence but every time I heard them speaking about any of the girls the amount of salt was unbelievable. "Well, I guess at least this Kostornaia girl is not completely terrible....BUT". - Their usual attitude.

They also like to repeat dumb rumors. I heard, they say, etc. No facts.

Oh, yeah. My impression of them is simple - bitter gossipers. I watched few episodes and unsubscribed.

cell

On the Ice
Unpopular opinion, but Kostornaia's music cuts for R&J are not horrible... yes, there are voiceovers, yes, there are 3 different movie soundtracks, but she makes it work!