TSL's Interview with Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres | Golden Skate

TSL's Interview with Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres

TSLDave

On the Ice
Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres are on a roll. After medaling at the 2018 World Figure Skating Championships, the French pair recently earned a new world record en route to victory at 2018 Skate Canada Interview and are poised to contend for medals at every competition this season.

We caught up with Vanessa and Morgan to learn more about the early stages of their careers, hear what it was like to work with budding choreographers, Charlie White and Guillaume Cizeron, and ask about the work they are doing in Florida with coaches John Zimmerman, Silvia Fontana and Jeremy Barrett to climb to the top of the figure skating world.

This is our interview with the world bronze medalists on November 4, 2018.

https://youtu.be/ge7Z8q78xOE

QuadThrow

Medalist
It is their year. T/M just do not get their stuff together so the path to the world title is totally made for them.

Vanessa´s words make Ingo shine in a very bad light. He has always had kind of a rude character (already during times with Mandy Wötzel) arguing with everybody around him and the German Federation knew why they dropped him after Aljona and Bruno had left him in 2014. Do not know how Robin survived through all the years between Aljona and Ingo.

I cannot help myself but Morgen´s strong accent makes him hotter every minute I am watching this video.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
First rate. It made me like them more not just as first rate athletes but as people, and really illuminated their personalities. Bravo!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks for the fantastic interview, Dave and Jonathan! :) I really enjoyed getting to know more about Vanessa and Morgan. They seem to be in a great place. I love her candor! It was very interesting to hear some of the backstories.

TSLDave

On the Ice
Thanks for the fantastic interview, Dave and Jonathan! :) I really enjoyed getting to know more about Vanessa and Morgan. They seem to be in a great place. I love her candor! It was very interesting to hear some of the backstories.

You're very welcome. I'm so glad you enjoyed the interview. They are certainly excellent skaters, stars and ambassadors for the sport. They are really helping the sport become more current in terms of aesthetics.

gizmo

On the Ice
Dave, a great interview indeed, love them both and I think this is the season for them to really shine!!!

LynsJ

On the Ice
Loved this interview! Their music choices are fab this season [emoji178][emoji304] so happy they have kept going and pushing the boundaries!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Really enjoyed this interview. Vanessa and Morgan seem to be really nice, and now I like them even more. They seem to be rather fun characters, serious in their skating, but quite in for a joke. And their programmes this season are fantastic. Still can't get over it that Ingo presumably found Morgan not strong enough - he's really a very strong dude. I mean, who else can maintain such a lift (and then getting a deduction for it. Sigh)? I quite like it that their difference in height is less than we are used to. It's one of the reasons I also like to watch Timothy and Ashley or, for that matter, Sui and Han (who who both are small).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed this interview. Very informative, and it brought out the fun side of Vanessa and Morgan...Loved seeing them at Sk Can. They were magical!