Papadakis and Cizeron sidelined by injury | Golden Skate

Papadakis and Cizeron sidelined by injury

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olympic ice dance silver medalists Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron will miss this week’s NHK Trophy after Cizeron hurt his back in a practice fall on Wednesday, their agent said.

The injury is not serious, and the French couple is still confirmed to compete in its other Grand Prix in France in two weeks. They are expected to return to the ice as soon as later Tuesday for limited training.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/11/06/gabriella-papadakis-guillaume-cizeron-injury/

andromache

Record Breaker
NOOOOO!

I have been absolutely dying to see P/C's programs. I'm glad the injury isn't serious though.

Opens up the GPF field considerably as well.

rain

Record Breaker
Well someone at NHK just got a big gift. This was not a very deep field.
On another note, has anyone heard what the French team is skating to this season? I've been very curious.

melgirl25

Medalist
Oh no, does this affect their chances to go to the final? Can they do another competition as a make up?

nguyhm

On the Ice
That's too bad - I was hoping to see them in Vancouver. Wishing Guillaume a speedy recovery.

peepsquick

Final Flight
RD ist to "Oblivion" and "Primavera porteña" both interpreted by Gidon Kremer.
FD is rumored to be on 2 different guitar songs by Rachael Yamagata...

That's all we know for now ...

lavoix

Match Penalty
I like the idea of their rhythm dance. What a shame we won't see them in the GP circuit this season.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm rather unhappy about this, as I was really looking forward to their new dances. However, I'm pleased the injury does not seem too serious (if troublesome for now), and we'll hopefully see them at IdF. Still, a shame they won't be part of the GPF now.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Praying for a speedy recovery! I'm glad it's not serious.

On a selfish note... #*#^%$@, NOOOO, they're my favorite couple. :sad21:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I like the idea of their rhythm dance. What a shame we won't see them in the GP circuit this season.

No you will still see them in their one remaining event in France. So all is not lost You would think though it would be easier to find out what they are skating too - surely there is aloose mole in Dubreil/Lauzon et al's camp.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

They're still planning to compete at Internationaux de France, so unless something else goes wrong in the next couple of weeks, we'll see them there and the mystery of their FD music will finally be solved! :)

rain

Record Breaker
RD ist to "Oblivion" and "Primavera porteña" both interpreted by Gidon Kremer.
FD is rumored to be on 2 different guitar songs by Rachael Yamagata...

That's all we know for now ...

Thanks for the info, that's the most I've seen anywhere. I understand they did one pre-season comp, but they must have paid everyone to keep quiet, because it has been radio silence.

peepsquick

Final Flight
It's their MO ... they like the fans to discover the music together with the dance. It has been a loooong wait this time around but then, waiting can be part of the pleasure and Gabriella and Guillaume's performances are worth waiting for!:)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the info, that's the most I've seen anywhere. I understand they did one pre-season comp, but they must have paid everyone to keep quiet, because it has been radio silence.

Not a pre-season competition - French Masters, about a month ago. They did the RD but withdrew before the FD because they didn't feel it was ready to compete yet, but since the ever-heavyhanded DG cut the livestream so nobody could see their RD, the odds of us finding out anything about their FD even if they'd done it were low anyway. :rolleye:

Ducky

On the Ice
Nooooooooo, I was so looking forward to seeing them compete this weekend. Wishing Cizeron a speedy recovery.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
NOOOOO!

I have been absolutely dying to see P/C's programs. I'm glad the injury isn't serious though.

Opens up the GPF field considerably as well.

Ditto I’m dying too. Was sooooooo wanting to see this years programs Finally. Wait some more. Ugh

Fancyskates

Match Penalty
Haaa dont worry guys papadakis/cizeron are gonna show everyone's places in the second part of the season ;)