Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2018-2019 Ice Dance's Power Ranking

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    S/K fell in the RD at Euros and H/D had a spin drastically downgraded; neither catastrophe is likely to repeat at Worlds. Given that, where those two teams finished at Euros/4CC has no bearing on how they will place at Worlds.
    Exactly. I don't see G/P getting near the podium if all of the teams ahead of them skate clean without huge errors like S/K and H/D made. There's a reason that they haven't won anything important in their careers so far and that is compared to the top teams they simply are not as good. Good programs still can't hide their weaknesses.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    S/K fell in the RD at Euros and H/D had a spin drastically downgraded; neither catastrophe is likely to repeat at Worlds. Given that, where those two teams finished at Euros/4CC has no bearing on how they will place at Worlds.
    It's not even necessarily just about catastrophes with H/D, it's about whether the judges will be more strict on their little bouts of sloppiness and lost levels now that they've missed the podium.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Exactly. I don't see G/P getting near the podium if all of the teams ahead of them skate clean without huge errors like S/K and H/D made. There's a reason that they haven't won anything important in their careers so far and that is compared to the top teams they simply are not as good. Good programs still can't hide their weaknesses.
    Well, G/P season best free dance score is the same as H/D one, and S/B overal season best is higher than season best of H/D when both skated 'clean'. While i see your points, i don't agree they are accurate if you consider how things are going on this season so far. Its the ranking based on 2018/19 international performances at this exact point of time, not on someone's potential or their performances from the past!

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Obviously the French PC are in a league of their own but I agree if fairly judged they not be as solid as they appear. i think one of the Americans will get second - Chock and BAtes or H/D come worlds. But it is such a toss up as the judges like the Italians and you cant forget the two Russian teams or Weapo and G/P. GP might have an issue with RD but really you have HD, CB, Weapo, GP, the Italians and SK and SB all in contention for silver and bronze. I feel sorry for the teams in like 6, 7 and 8 as they easily could be second.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    C/B got some maaaajor stock this week. Kudos to them for putting themselves in World medal contention again.

Even with the error, H/D are probably heavy faves, but I honestly prefer W/P and both Russian teams to them. G/P continue to be underrated but get small victories here and there -- that's twice they've beaten W/P in the FD (Nationals and 4CC).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Obviously the French PC are in a league of their own but I agree if fairly judged they not be as solid as they appear. i think one of the Americans will get second - Chock and BAtes or H/D come worlds. But it is such a toss up as the judges like the Italians and you cant forget the two Russian teams or Weapo and G/P. GP might have an issue with RD but really you have HD, CB, Weapo, GP, the Italians and SK and SB all in contention for silver and bronze. I feel sorry for the teams in like 6, 7 and 8 as they easily could be second.
    The Russians and Italians are not in the same league as the current NA crop IMO. Finishing 5th to 10th at Worlds in these times, should be considered a WIN, given the strength of current teams at this moment.

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmond4gold View Post
    The Russians and Italians are not in the same league as the current NA crop IMO.
    Not according to this season performances and scores tho Those two Russian teams were already on the similar level last season too, but one was not allowed to compete at the Olympics and second become injured later on, so they could not show their best last season. Italians are now getting the scores they always deserved, just its easier to prop them now when C/L are not competing anymore. Its maybe not the exact same level of the top NA teams, but its very very very close to them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4