Catching up with Satoko Miyahara | Golden Skate

Catching up with Satoko Miyahara

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko Miyahara (宮原 知子) of Japan talks about her performances at 2018 NHK Trophy, her music for this season, training, and more.

https://youtu.be/1InohI5uOPE

Looking forward to her performances at GPF! :pray:She mentions making "small" changes, but mostly for jumps "arms and toe pick."

What are your thoughts on her FS at NHK? What did you notice?

GGFan

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for this. A couple things:

1. As much as I love Satoko I'd never heard her talk. So calm and her English is really clear. :clap:

2. Love that she did her program to challenge herself. More of that please!

3. It's funny that she's worried about the tango being strong. One of the reasons I enjoyed this performance more is that she's caressing the music in the soft parts more. I think the challenge is being is able to go back and forth throughout the performance while also focusing on the jumps and elements.

4. "This summer I practiced a lot." We know Satoko. :biggrin: Who works harder? Satoko or Aljona?

5. Her level of self awareness is high. She's working on those jumps.

6. "I like to skate so I like the whole program." Love her commitment to every single detail. :bow:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
She took tango dance lessons, and said "it was really difficult." Bless... she is such a sweetie.
The pressure seems to have got to her at NHK. Good luck to her at GPF!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Nice interview. Satoko speaks very good English, even if she can't find the words sometimes. But she makes it very clear what she wishes to say anyway. And she really is very sweet. Dedicated.