NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have a firestick too. I love NBC gold, but I want the exhibition skates too. Then I would be so happy! :)

OK, I am still stuck in the last century. I have one and only one USB port on my TV. If I stick in a firestick, which I looked up, I have no keyboard or mouse. Is "Firestick" some sort of a monthly subscription?
I went to Google Play and tried to download the existing app. It told me it would download it "soon".

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, I am still stuck in the last century. I have one and only one USB port on my TV. If I stick in a firestick, which I looked up, I have no keyboard or mouse. Is "Firestick" some sort of a monthly subscription?
I went to Google Play and tried to download the existing app. It told me it would download it "soon".

My firestick is an Amazon product. Once you purchase it ($30.00) you put it in the USB port and it comes with a small remote. If you have Amazon prime, you just download Apps. I love it for YouTube. And Amazon movies. Whatever is on your Kindle is now on your Firestick. No monthly fee and you don't need a keyboard.

DC2003

Rinkside
I am still striking out accessing anything prior to 12/9/17 even if I scroll all the way to the end. What browser are you using? I have tried Chrome, Explorer and Edge with all the same result.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am still striking out accessing anything prior to 12/9/17 even if I scroll all the way to the end. What browser are you using? I have tried Chrome, Explorer and Edge with all the same result.

The NBC Gold app is downloaded on my kindle fire stick. So I access it from my T.V. So is the browser Amazon or Silk?

DC2003

Rinkside
I am trying to access it through my desktop or laptop. I had no issue until about 2-3 weeks ago. I even tried on my cell phone and the list of events available does not extend before 12/9/17.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am trying to access it through my desktop or laptop. I had no issue until about 2-3 weeks ago. I even tried on my cell phone and the list of events available does not extend before 12/9/17.

Maybe it's a setting on your computer. Like on my kindle, my email inbox stops after so many entries. Facebook does that too now, it limits the new posts. And a T.V. Does not have any settings, so it could be that.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It works with Roku, Chromecast, and Apple TV too. Whichever is your preference. I bought a TV that had Roku pre-installed. I just downloaded the app and set it up from there. It works just fine. And I'm not sure about Firestick but Roku doesn't have a monthly subscription fee to access NBC gold. These come with a remote so you don't need a keyboard/mouse to work it. For you, just plug one of the above in your TV via HDMI and go from there.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It works with Roku, Chromecast, and Apple TV too. Whichever is your preference. I bought a TV that had Roku pre-installed. I just downloaded the app and set it up from there. It works just fine. And I'm not sure about Firestick but Roku doesn't have a monthly subscription fee to access NBC gold. These come with a remote so you don't need a keyboard/mouse to work it. For you, just plug one of the above in your TV via HDMI and go from there.

Thanks for trying to help! My head is swimming...! I dont see a "Roku" app so dont know what it is, either....does a fire stick plug into an HDMI or UBS port??? I think I need to go back to my store and get ahold of an expert to explain what I need to do and if it is possible.... :yes: I dont have a subscription to anything other than Gold...I even have rabbit ears....but I have great internet...

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for trying to help! My head is swimming...! I dont see a "Roku" app so dont know what it is, either....does a fire stick plug into an HDMI or UBS port??? I think I need to go back to my store and get ahold of an expert to explain what I need to do and if it is possible.... :yes: I dont have a subscription to anything other than Gold...I even have rabbit ears....but I have great internet...

Roku is similar to Firestick which is similar to Apple TV and Chromecast. You have to buy one first (doesn't matter which one). Once you buy one, you can then download the NBC Gold app to watch it on TV. I'm sure someone at BestBuy or wherever you buy electronics could help. And it's a HDMI port.

Here's a video that explains all your options and help you decide which one to buy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07f_oahDEo
Here's how to set up Firestick for example https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202106780

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The Fire Stick plugs into an HDMI port. A Roku isn't an app, it is a streamer like the Fire Stick. There's also the Chromecast. In my opinion the Fire Stick is the most user friendly.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I only have over the air TV. I live in an apartment so my antenna is a flat one that hangs in my patio door. I only get a couple of channels through the antenna and the rest I stream with my Roku. The Roku is attached to my tv and I have a Roku remote. I have different streaming option - CBS All Access, Amazon Prime, Passport, Hulu (great offer of $1.00 a month), and NBC Gold. What scares me is that in the past I haven't been able to get the NBC Sports App because I needed to be able to verify with them that I had cable/satellite service. I don't have cable and since I don't I couldn't get the Sports App. NBC Gold Pass doesn't require any cable/satellite service.

I am nervously waiting for January 4 when Gold becomes part of the NBC Sports App to see what happens to people like me with no cable/satellite service.

kiches

Final Flight

In case you don’t want to buy an additional streaming device and have a laptop with an HDMI output, I was able to connect my laptop to my TV using the HDMI port on both devices and changing my display setting to “project” or “mirror”. It’ll turn you TV into a second monitor and you can watch from the website that way if you don’t have a streaming device like a Roku or Firestick.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
In case you don’t want to buy an additional streaming device and have a laptop with an HDMI output, I was able to connect my laptop to my TV using the HDMI port on both devices and changing my display setting to “project” or “mirror”. It’ll turn you TV into a second monitor and you can watch from the website that way if you don’t have a streaming device like a Roku or Firestick.

Thank you. Yes, I take my wife's laptop and hook the HDMI out port to the HDMI in port of the TV and it works fine. Didnt even have to change any display settings. Its just a PITA to have to do that when the TV has a computer with a browser and wifi built in. MFarone is sharp. If she can get the NBC sports app to work with gold, I will see if the store can show me how to get to the NBC Sports APP in the bloatware, or how to download it, and see if I can get it to work. There may also be a Samsung owners forum that can walk me through it....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Fire Stick plugs into an HDMI port. A Roku isn't an app, it is a streamer like the Fire Stick. There's also the Chromecast. In my opinion the Fire Stick is the most user friendly.

Yes, I am sure it works...I just have to wrap my head around what is happening here. For instance, lets just say you turn on the TV and put the Firestick into the HDMI port. You tell the tv to use that port and you must see some sort of screen that you can use a remote on and choose somehow what you want to watch. Then somehow you have to be able to log in the first time somehow...maybe there is a youtube....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I only have over the air TV. I live in an apartment so my antenna is a flat one that hangs in my patio door. I only get a couple of channels through the antenna and the rest I stream with my Roku. The Roku is attached to my tv and I have a Roku remote. I have different streaming option - CBS All Access, Amazon Prime, Passport, Hulu (great offer of $1.00 a month), and NBC Gold. What scares me is that in the past I haven't been able to get the NBC Sports App because I needed to be able to verify with them that I had cable/satellite service. I don't have cable and since I don't I couldn't get the Sports App. NBC Gold Pass doesn't require any cable/satellite service.

I am nervously waiting for January 4 when Gold becomes part of the NBC Sports App to see what happens to people like me with no cable/satellite service.

You check it out for me and let me know how it works....as you know, I will be disappearing for awhile and out of communication...so I will contact you when I come out of the other side of the break....Hopefully, it will work for the both of us... !

DC2003

Rinkside
It works again - FINALLY! I can now access the full 2017-8 season. Once I got the app e-mail, I suspected the issue would be resolved on January 4. But, I am still peeved that NBC Sports did not reply to my e-mails.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went to watch some figure skating today and it is locked. It says I have reactivate online and when I try to , it keeps saying denied. I have the firestick. Has anyone else had an issue?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I went to watch some figure skating today and it is locked. It says I have reactivate online and when I try to , it keeps saying denied. I have the firestick. Has anyone else had an issue?

I just went through the reactivation process. Had to download the NBC Sports app. Then had to put in the activation code online that was displayed on my TV from the new app. Process worked fine. I have no FS content on my TV but do on my computer. Was able to play the videos after it recognized I had a figure skating pass already, (it told me to sign up for a pass).

Did your firestick prompt you to download the new app? Did it give you a code to put in online from your computer?

ETA: Uh, I should point out I have Roku :slink:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It gave me a code and when I enter it, it states invalid code. I've tried five times.