NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just went through the reactivation process. Had to download the NBC Sports app. Then had to put in the activation code online that was displayed on my TV from the new app. Process worked fine. I have no FS content on my TV but do on my computer. Was able to play the videos after it recognized I had a figure skating pass already, (it told me to sign up for a pass).

Did your firestick prompt you to download the new app? Did it give you a code to put in online from your computer?

ETA: Uh, I should point out I have Roku :slink:

I did not download a new app. Does new app say nbc gold

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

NBC Sports gold is being merge with NBC sports app. I think NBC just wants one app instead of 2.

So first download the NBC sports app. Then try and sign in. It gave me an option (TV) to sign into NBC sports or sports gold so I just signed into sports gold.

ETA: I just downloaded the NBC sports app on my phone and just signed into that with my gold UN and PW. At the bottom of the app are the channels and NBC sports gold is listed. It's nice, you can filter by sport :biggrin: and it seems it keeps that setting.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I had to call NBC on this. I did the reactivation and it kept saying successful, but I couldn't get in. The Tech did the activation for me. But apparently it is a glitch with the new app and the lack of content seems to be an issue with Roku. It may require a reboot of Roku. But the live feed and current content as it happens, should be available. The Tech thought that Roku had limited capacity, so once video options pass a certain number, it shows nothing. Anything older than a month are not showing on the Roku feed, but are showing on the computer. Hopefully they will fix the glitches. The NBC Sportsgold app should disappear. A friend with Firestick did not have the same problems. Another with Roku did. So it seems to be a Roku incompatibility which should be fixed at some point. They do know about it at NBC.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had to call NBC on this. I did the reactivation and it kept saying successful, but I couldn't get in. The Tech did the activation for me. But apparently it is a glitch with the new app and the lack of content seems to be an issue with Roku. It may require a reboot of Roku. But the live feed and current content as it happens, should be available. The Tech thought that Roku had limited capacity, so once video options pass a certain number, it shows nothing. Anything older than a month are not showing on the Roku feed, but are showing on the computer. Hopefully they will fix the glitches. The NBC Sportsgold app should disappear. A friend with Firestick did not have the same problems. Another with Roku did. So it seems to be a Roku incompatibility which should be fixed at some point. They do know about it at NBC.

Thank you. I will try again, I was doing it on the NBC sports gold app.

evasorange

Final Flight
Is anyone else having trouble getting their schedule to update? We are basically a week out from Europeans and US nationals but every time I check it says “no content available”. during Grand Prix from the start the schedule went all the way through to end so it doesn’t make sense that it isn’t updated to include the upcoming events by now 🤔

MelissaG

Rinkside
Is anyone else having trouble getting their schedule to update? We are basically a week out from Europeans and US nationals but every time I check it says “no content available”. during Grand Prix from the start the schedule went all the way through to end so it doesn’t make sense that it isn’t updated to include the upcoming events by now ��

I am seeing the same thing. I am starting to get really worried :confused:

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
^^ I feel the same concern. And I am so wearied of having paid NBC good money to be jerked around, worried, and not helped. NBC Gold is fine when it works, but for a non-techie like myself it was a nightmare to get started and a now continual anxiety about what will the network try to manipulate next for additional profit. Until every competition actually begins, there is the looming ruinous possiblity of Tara&Johnny. Now this 'merger of NBC Gold and the NBC sports app' - whatever that means. Multiple (sensible & specific!) text requests for assistance or information are answered slowly or not at all, & I've never been able to find an 800# for Gold customer service (if anyone knows it, please post?). Sweet Skating Gods, I miss IceNetwork.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I emailed support and they said they’re aware of the issue and are working to correct ASAP. I’m super impressed with their support - they responded to my email within 2 hours.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ill be waiting impatiently. Patience is a virtue, I do not have. :(

Nor I, but it should be up soon. Since they list upcoming events in other sports as far out as March 10, I think this is a glitch they need to fix.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I think they will have to do US nats but I am more unsure of Euros. I hope they let us know soon so I can find another stream if they are not broadcasting.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think they will have to do US nats but I am more unsure of Euros. I hope they let us know soon so I can find another stream if they are not broadcasting.

Euros are listed as an included event in the pass.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I emailed support and they said they’re aware of the issue and are working to correct ASAP. I’m super impressed with their support - they responded to my email within 2 hours.

You give me hope! Two of my 4 emails to the NBC Gold customer service address last summer & early fall were acknowledged but never followed up on (yes I assiduously checked spam, too), one was followed up with a copy of the stock answer to an unrelated FAQ, and one was ignored completely. Based on what you write, I am happy to think that all could have been part of the IceNet transition confusion. Hope springs eternal.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
You give me hope! Two of my 4 emails to the NBC Gold customer service address last summer & early fall were acknowledged but never followed up on (yes I assiduously checked spam, too), one was followed up with a copy of the stock answer to an unrelated FAQ, and one was ignored completely. Based on what you write, I am happy to think that all could have been part of the IceNet transition confusion. Hope springs eternal.

I’m surprised. How are you contacting them? I email them at [email protected]. I’ve contacted them several times and they’ve always responded promptly. I do try to state the problem clearly and concisely so they know what the issue is. I think that’s key to getting help.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I did [email protected]. And I never got an answer. But the events are there now. Yay!

Sorry to hear no answer but glad the stuff is up!

Honestly after Ice Network I was shocked at how responsive Sports Gold is. But if I think about it, people are paying a premium for the Sports Gold packages and there are probably far fewer customers than regular NBC Sports so maybe that’s why they respond better.