NHK Gala? | Golden Skate

NHK Gala?

stella luna

Final Flight
Does anyone know why the final skaters in the NHK gala did brief encores? It seemed like a surprise to some of them. Good show, though. It was nice that the flower girls joined the skaters at the end. Nice to see that Liza bedazzled her bra, too.

Reth

On the Ice
Does anyone know why the final skaters in the NHK gala did brief encores? It seemed like a surprise to some of them. Good show, though. It was nice that the flower girls joined the skaters at the end. Nice to see that Liza bedazzled her bra, too.
They always done that at NHK. I’m guessing it’s just tradition.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so here is my answer when the same question was asked in the NHK Gala thread in the Competition Forum:

They're doing their current FD as a part of their gala. I don't think I've seen that before.

It used to be normal a few years ago that all the winners would be asked to do part of their Free as an encore after their EX routine. But, it doesn't seem to happen as often now.

I wish encores for the winners would become a regular feature of Galas again. But, only if it meant that they didn't reduce the total number of performers. I wouldn't want other skaters to miss out on an invite because the organisers wanted to give the winners an encore but also wanted to keep the total length of the Gala the same.

CaroLiza_fan