Costumes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Costumes

Ducky

On the Ice
As much as I love P/C's free dance costume (the cut, the draping) I cannot understand why they aren't a little more color coordinated. Couldn't they have found a more light purple/lavender to go with his top, or a darker shade of gray for her skirt? It doesn't have to be matchy matchy but should come from the same color schemata so that visually it's obvious they're a couple.

And normally they're so on point with their costumes.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is strictly speaking outside the remit, but since there is unlikely to be anywhere else to mention them... Yuko Kavaguti and Shae-Lynn Bourne's black (for the opening) and white (for the finale) costumes in the Continues with Wings ice show were stunning. Shae-Lynn especially was breathtakingly beautiful, the dresses deceptively simple and flowing and perfectly suited to her and the whole performance.

I watched a really interesting documentary about the history of colors, and blue is probably the most interesting of all. Like you don't see much blue in pre-Renaissance painting, until they started importing lapis lazuli. Unfortunately lapis can only be found in one place: Afghanistan. So because it was so valuable, lapis lazuli blue was used almost exclusively for the Virgin Mary (usually a cape or mantle).

Here's a recent new article about how lapis lazuli found embedded in the teeth of a medieval nun gives insight into the role of women as religious artists.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...gest-she-was-highly-skilled-artist-180971232/

rnois13

On the Ice
I've noticed Lisa McKinnon's work this season thanks to Eunsoo. She's excellent at making patterns, the best imo.
Satomi Ito's work is a different style from western design. Her costumes are lavish and breathtaking, like they came out from a fantasy world.

LindaTNo1

Rinkside
Anything Yuzuru steps on the ice in is fabulous to me, including his FOI costumes he wears. His body shape is great in all his costuming in his performances.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Marin's Honda FP dress and Alena Kanysheva's FP dress are just exquisite.
For men, Yuzu's Origin costume is beautiful.

georgia

On the Ice
Nathan Chen’s long and short program costumes! LOL:laugh:

I love the man and his skating though

khtmyzr

Final Flight
For this season, the first two that popped into mind are Yuzuru’s Free and Wakaba’s SP, so I guess these two costumes are my favorites.