Lajoie and Lagha look to JGP Final | Golden Skate

Lajoie and Lagha look to JGP Final

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two-time Canadian junior ice dance champions Marjorie Lajoie and Zachary Lagha have had a great start to the 2018-19 figure skating season. The team had two good outings at their Junior Grand Prix (JGP) events, placing second at JGP Austria and first at JGP Canada.

More...

“What I like the most about the free dance is its intensity, especially at the beginning of the program, when we do the stationary lift,” said Lajoie. “I also really like how the music becomes slow and calm right at the heart of the program as it is, for us, a special moment of connection together, and it allows us to reset for the rest of the program. At the beginning of the season, we just did it with our intuitive feeling of the music. Now we have been working with a coach who helped us refine the story.”

The story is built around a sister and a brother during the middle of WWII who are working to build trust with each other. The characters are trying to find a way to survive and accomplish a mission that is very important to them and their family. The end depicts the deep brother-and-sister love they have established as they succeed despite the challenges and chaos of war.

What are your thoughts on their dances? Their performances thus far on the JGP circuit?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their programs this year have been complicated and intriguing, particularly for juniors.

And I had no idea Zach was such an accomplished pianist :clap:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Good luck to the playfully named La/La at the GPF!!

I really enjoyed watching them in their gp outings this year.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for the interesting article! I love how much info they volunteered about how they developed their programs this season, and about the story for the free dance.

It is unusual for a non sister/brother team to use a sister/brother story!

Good luck to them at the JGPF in Vancouver!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It is unusual for a non sister/brother team to use a sister/brother story!
The strange thing to me is that in a previous interview Zach implied that the story of the "Warsaw Concerto" was from the movie it's from, but what they're describing isn't the plot of Dangerous Moonlight at all (beyond being set in World War II).

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The strange thing to me is that in a previous interview Zach implied that the story of the "Warsaw Concerto" was from the movie it's from, but what they're describing isn't the plot of Dangerous Moonlight at all (beyond being set in World War II).

Here is what Zachary said:

"We have different interpretations and multiple stories to help us reaching a good level of connection between us. Marjorie said one of them. Of course, our story is not limited to a single story between a brother and sister. But the most important is to make the public feels emotions and we need different inspirations at different moments of the programs to deliver feelings to the people watching our programs."

Hope that clears things up :)