Viktoria Safonova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Viktoria Safonova

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Today Viktoria scored over 200 points for the first time in her career and was able to win the gold medal over such notable skaters as Samodurova and Guliakova. And no one comes here to celebrate? :oops:

Well, I do. Congrats Viktoria! Well done, and best wishes for the next competitions. :clap:

Giltedge

Final Flight
Today Viktoria scored over 200 points for the first time in her career and was able to win the gold medal over such notable skaters as Samodurova and Guliakova. And no one comes here to celebrate? :oops:

Well, I do. Congrats Viktoria! Well done, and best wishes for the next competitions. :clap:

I do too. :) Many others will, I am certain.

Hearty congratulations to Viktoriya, who has often been rather overshadowed at regional and national competitions in Russia hitherto. The move to Belarus (technically speaking) was a sensible choice.

Giltedge

Final Flight
A nice snap of Viktoriya with young acolyte Katya Tsaba (scoll to second image).
8yo Katya says of Viktoriya: "The strongest wins! Thanks to all the athletes for the lessons and emotions!"

And she pays tribute to grandmaster Mishin:
"And how incredibly great it was to see the Real Master of Figure Skating - Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin! A wonderful and charming person! "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHD_Ruop0xq/

Katya herself is no stranger to Gold:

Azikin

Medalist

Amazing! Are there videos? It's really great to hear about such success, especially after being woefully underscored at Euros...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! Lovely two performances.... she is for sure a contender for that 4th place at Europeans. This win in her hometown over two ladies from the Russian National Team is impressive. Safanova and Kisel will have a nice rivalry for top Belarussian status in the future.

Azikin

Medalist
Wow! Lovely two performances.... she is for sure a contender for that 4th place at Europeans. This win in her hometown over two ladies from the Russian National Team is impressive. Safanova and Kisel will have a nice rivalry for top Belarussian status in the future.
Yes, much better than last season. I'm very happy this girl didn't get buried in the depth of the Russian field. Surely a win for Belarus.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Finally I've managed to see both Vika's programs. It's big improvement since the last season esp. in consistency and yes, together with Eva-Lotta, Loena and Alexia (and maybe Emmi, but I think she lacks technically) she is a big contender for the 4th place at Europeans.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Post from the Skating Union of Belarus congratulating Viktoria on her bronze medal at Nebelhorn and her Olympic qualification:

Google translate:

Wonderful news came from Oberstdorf (Germany), where the last qualifying ice skating competition for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing is taking place these days

Belarusian athlete Victoria Safonova delighted all her fans by becoming the first Belarusian figure skater to win a bronze medal at the prestigious and major Nebelhorn Trophy tournament, thereby receiving the coveted ticket to the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Beijing!

On behalf of the Belarusian Skating Union and all fans of Victoria, we congratulate you on her great victory and wish you good luck and luck on the way to the cherished goal