Viktoria Safonova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Viktoria Safonova

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Viktoria won the Volvo Open Cup! She also earned the minimums to enter both Euros and Worlds, which is great news :)

Good luck to her in Warsaw!

Azikin

Medalist
Viktoria won the Volvo Open Cup! She also earned the minimums to enter both Euros and Worlds, which is great news :)

Good luck to her in Warsaw!

Great news indeed, I hope to see her there! To win Warsaw will be a little bit more difficult but podium is certainly not unreachable.. :cheer:

Azikin

Medalist
So let me sum up this Warsaw Cup. 54 PCS in the free program, 171.43 pts overall for two clean performances. Am I the only one who's enraged by this?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So let me sum up this Warsaw Cup. 54 PCS in the free program, 171.43 pts overall for two clean performances. Am I the only one who's enraged by this?

I’m upset too. How can her scores be so low????? When I first saw her scores I just assumed she had made multiple mistakes.

Azikin

Medalist
I didn't have time to watch Zagreb but thankfully Vika did really well and was 2nd only after Tuktamysheva with 192.49 pts! And beat for example Samodurova or Ryabova. Now that's the result she needed, good job! :yahoo:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Viktoriya's EX from Zagreb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN3DELoJc9M

Fast, fluid and energetic, she is special.

And switching federations put her in the picture just in time before going senior.

She was skating with a bandaged knee though, hopefully nothing serious.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Viktoriya just posted a top score of 60.42 for her short program in the BLR National Championships, which serve as qualification to European and World Championships.

Azikin

Medalist
Viktoriya just posted a top score of 60.42 for her short program in the BLR National Championships, which serve as qualification to European and World Championships.

Well I don't suppose there would be anyone capable of beating her.. still quite a low score for her, though..

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, she was beaten by the best young Belarussian, and Viktoriya had a few hickups in her short program.

Check the protocols. We'll see tomorrow, I think Safonova's experience and determination will pull her trough and put her in the international team, but she has a bandaged knee.

Also, according to the chat, I am not yet sure if she can compete in Euros and Worlds for BLR. There seems to be a certain term regarding duration before one can compete for a different federation.

Azikin

Medalist
Also, according to the chat, I am not yet sure if she can compete in Euros and Worlds for BLR. There seems to be a certain term regarding duration before one can compete for a different federation.
Sh's on a list of participants for Euros. :agree:
Although, truth to be said, I'm not very fond of her programs this season, I think they don't suit her.. unlike her previous programs..

Azikin

Medalist
I still haven't seen Vika's SP but is she now really more than 20pts worse than Trusova? It's hard to believe she and Kurakova were judged fairly...

DenissVFan

Medalist
I haven't watched her skate yet but judging by the protocols, she had an invalid spin, one UR, two level 2s and one level 3, and low PCS.